Let's have a little contest!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Let\'s have a little contest!

I have every intention on repairing and resolving your issues, I even told you I would pick it up when I delivered a car close to you in Chicago, well it isn't finished yet either....you are not the only one waiting. I am sorry again.
Joe

Glad Joe came on and gave an update. It ***** to have family issues, and while they are personal and its often hard to have to share them with others, sometimes its necessary so people/customers know whats going on. This situation seems to be largly due to lack of time and lack of communications. It also sounds like Joe fully intendeds to make right on his completion of the job, so at least you have that. Doesnt sound like he isn't abandoning you, just could have communicated a little better and kept you in the loop.

I truly hope you two get this worked out, doesnt seem to be fraudulant at all, just seems like LIFE happened to someone, and its tough sometimes.

Good luck to you both,

Jon

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take the date and signature away and these two posts sound like diferent cars and diferent situations. Don't think I would slam the guy that fixed the problem. (according to the above post)IMHO I would go after the guy that made the big money and sold you the parts and original install. Sorry this just bothers me a little because my car (and a lot of other cars) was delayed while yours was being worked on.

Not that it matters to you right now but I do sincerely hope you get you car going.

they are two different posts. joe did a great job on the car, (AGAIN, NEVER said he didnt), and when the car ran, it RAN LIKE CRAZY. but right now the car isnt running. i am merely trying to get the car running again and was excited to get a NOV appt, in hopes of having the car back by now, so i could enjoy the car this year, since i didnt at all last year. i didnt buy this car so it could just sit. again, i was simply looking for an answer and felt i had to provide all the details to get an informed one.

were the parts misrepresented or does this thing run like crazy? i hope to find out soon that the car runs like crazy, and thanks for the wishes. sorry to hear anyone was delayed because of me.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have every intention on repairing and resolving your issues, I even told you I would pick it up when I delivered a car close to you in Chicago, well it isn't finished yet either....you are not the only one waiting. I am sorry again.
Joe

Glad Joe came on and gave an update. It ***** to have family issues, and while they are personal and its often hard to have to share them with others, sometimes its necessary so people/customers know whats going on. This situation seems to be largly due to lack of time and lack of communications. It also sounds like Joe fully intendeds to make right on his completion of the job, so at least you have that. Doesnt sound like he isn't abandoning you, just could have communicated a little better and kept you in the loop.

I truly hope you two get this worked out, doesnt seem to be fraudulant at all, just seems like LIFE happened to someone, and its tough sometimes.

as usual jon, you hit the nail on the head, and i couldnt agree any more. :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe's too nice a guy to be p*ssed off, but I'd be pretty p*ssed off if I had to come on a public forum and spill my guts on a personal matter (or in this case, matters) that was hurting my business.

We shouldn't be blasting Joe. We should be taking up donations for his son.

The VCA has sent IPODS to IRAQ. Why can't we help a local domestically?

On the issue of your car, that SVS Cog-drive set-up needs to go. But you already know that. If not because (as this case has demonstrated) there isn't anyone around that can/will touch it. plus, if your car isn't running, that makes a total of ZERO cog-driven SC'd vipers that are out there.

Dumb question (and off-line response is fine if you'd rather not air it), but you live in IL and have an SVS kit, but SVS didn't do any of the work on the car. at least they weren't helping [it seems]. what's up w/ that?

JD

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On the issue of your car, that SVS Cog-drive set-up needs to go. But you already know that. If not because (as this case has demonstrated) there isn't anyone around that can/will touch it. plus, if your car isn't running, that makes a total of ZERO cog-driven SC'd vipers that are out there.

Dumb question (and off-line response is fine if you'd rather not air it), but you live in IL and have an SVS kit, but SVS didn't do any of the work on the car. at least they weren't helping [it seems]. what's up w/ that?

after much advice from you and ab concerning my car, and alot of research i have done on my own, the cog IS GONE and other issues have been resolved IMO. when my car does make it back to joe, the repair should go quickly and nobody should have to be put on further hold because of me. joe has insisted on keeping the cog, but i now disagree 100%.

not a dumb question joe, and i will probably get ripped a "new one" on here by SVS for my reasons, but here you go. AGAIN, this IS NOT meant to be an SVS slam. this is merely what happened and my opinion of the THOSE circumstances.
i first approached SVS. i soon found out however, that i could not afford them. also, i became "turned off" when i was quoted some crazy price, because "it would take (6) to (8) HOURS to do a leak down and compression check" for instance. sorry, but i am not stupid, and i know it wouldnt take an epileptic, mentally handicapped, quadraplegic, that long to do that kind of test. and lastly, here i am arent i? still screwing with the system. i feel the system can work, but i only hope the TT systems are designed better than this thing is.

(flame suit on)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck and I know Joe will make it right.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the car being delivered to Chicago that Joe is referring to is my Gen 1. As much as I value my business, I value my family much, much more. If I had family issues to take care of, I would put my business aside until my family was taken care of, exactly like Joe did. Would I love to have my car back this weekend, sure, but if it takes a little longer, that is fine also. I think the people who know Joe and who have worked with him understand the passion, honesty, and commitment that he has towards his business, the guy is a true blue car maniac, just like me!!

martyb

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bigs, it ***** to have to wait so long for your car. Especially when the suns shining.

I truely hope Joe is getting better and his family situtation recovers so that they are all back to normal.

In saying that, communication is the key here. Lots of emotions involved Family, as well as our Beloved Vipers. It can make for a mess.

I'm a believer that a phone call takes 1 minute to make, and could have saved alot of headaches here.

Good luck to all involved!

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree 100% if SVS doesnt want a job they over quote the price big time!!!!!! They wanted three times as much to do my SC. They quoted double the labor hours too.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

In saying that, communication is the key here. Lots of emotions involved Family, as well as our Beloved Vipers. It can make for a mess.

I'm a believer that a phone call takes 1 minute to make, and could have saved alot of headaches here.
I know John has tried very hard with calls and e-mails to contact PBJ to no avail. Communication was definitely a problem, and I still urge you to try to contact Joe and let him know the situation (I guess he knows now). Hope it gets worked out in the end, before driving season is over again! :crazy: Joe is a great guy and I have the utmost respect for him. As you know, he did my install in a timely manner and I was extremely satisfied.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree 100% if SVS doesnt want a job they over quote the price big time!!!!!! They wanted three times as much to do my SC. They quoted double the labor hours too.

well, if i remember right, i was quoted around $500 JUST TO DO the leak down and compression test.

they must not have wanted my business REAL BAD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235