*** Lockout

capevettes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I had been a member over there for 8 years. Just joined here today. Looking forward to contributing and absorbing information. Don't need the daily drama.

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s the email I just received:

If your membership is paid up to date you should have access. The
programmer used a membership list to program everyone. Maybe you were
missed.

Let me know if you are paid up to date and have issues.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, closing the door to the non worthy enthusiasts was a really strange move. Left are the ‘elites’ to talk amongst themselves.
I think there will be many from there spending time over here.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not sure which site you guys are talking about, though I have an idea. Either way we are always glad to have more people on here to keep the spirit of the car alive and share as much knowledge as possible. My goal was always to have this club be the go to resource for Viper history and technical information.

BlackWidow

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Perhaps you missed the memo, but "we" were "them." Then "they" became "us." Wash, rinse, repeat the same idiotic mistakes once again...
Oh, I’m well aware, I’ve read the vast majority of it. Amazing what you can see and read when you have keys to the back door. Just have fun as we do like smiles.

cothrelo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been flpping between both sites since I got my '05. Mainly for technical, as the facebook forums are a pain to search through. I paid the membership dues over there for the past couple of years and I'm not gonna renew this year. Not many of their events around me and I don't have the time and resources to leave work or trailer my car to events yet. Traffic over there is sparse to almost none. Really have enjoyed mainly reading and posting on this site as it seems like there is more traffic here.

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Not many of their events around me and I don't have the time and resources to leave work or trailer my car to events yet. Traffic over there is sparse to almost none...
Same thing here in Southern California. i put ~7K miles on my Viper chasing the Viper club around the southland. The events weren't organized well and there was an extreme aversion to alcohol. Which made the socializing a little strained in an odd way (IMO). The best event I went to was a track weekend at Willow Springs but I've since learned of multiple other ways to attend track events without the Viper club (e.g. MotorSportReg, SCCA, PCA etc..).
Other Viper club events were a complete disaster and a waste of time and miles.

But its really a matter of numbers and there's just not enough Vipers left in the world to lend itself to a vibrant club experience.

For a FANTASTIC car club experience, get a Porsche and join the PCA. What an amazing difference in the overall experience and level of organization. It's an entirely different league of car clubbing. Lots of great driving events, fun and easy socializing (e.g. they'll hold a club event at a bar up in mountains or a winery at the end of a canyon road :bigok:). Good times and a level of organization that's unmatched.

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is an "Error 503"?
Its a webserver "Service Unavailable" message.
Could have something to do with your browser or just a delay in the internet connection (i.e. a data packet got dropped).

Try reloading the page.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Same thing here in Southern California. i put ~7K miles on my Viper chasing the Viper club around the southland. The events weren't organized well and there was an extreme aversion to alcohol. Which made the socializing a little strained in an odd way (IMO). The best event I went to was a track weekend at Willow Springs but I've since learned of multiple other ways to attend track events without the Viper club (e.g. MotorSportReg, SCCA, PCA etc..).
Other Viper club events were a complete disaster and a waste of time and miles.

But its really a matter of numbers and there's just not enough Vipers left in the world to lend itself to a vibrant club experience.

For a FANTASTIC car club experience, get a Porsche and join the PCA. What an amazing difference in the overall experience and level of organization. It's an entirely different league of car clubbing. Lots of great driving events, fun and easy socializing (e.g. they'll hold a club event at a bar up in mountains or a winery at the end of a canyon road :bigok:). Good times and a level of organization that's unmatched.

Yeah, that is one thing I wish I would have been able to see myself with this club. I read so many stories about some of the events that we used to be able to do with Dodge support and so many more members when the cars were new, but as you said, there are just so few cars out there in general and people are so spread out that it just gets really difficult to put stuff together with any expectation of enough turnout to make it worth it. Even local events have kind of dried up around me, and I used to be right in the heart of a lot of it with a club that had monthly meeting turnouts that would fill parking lots. Now most of the people that I used to hang out with have sold their cars and moved on.

I was also fortunate in that I was at least "close enough" to the main city where the club was, but it was still typically a 45-60 minute drive for me to go to any club stuff. Live one town further over and you double that, which just gets prohibitive for even local events when you're talking 3-4 hours of driving just to get there and back. I know people are always asking about events and wanting to do stuff, and I'd love to be able to help, but if you're not in the right city it's just not that easy. You'd have to have multiple groups even within a particular region, and there just aren't enough club members to be able to manage that and make it worth the while I don't think. That's one reason I was trying to pivot this club to be more of a technical resource. If we can at least offer the best information on maintaining and modifying Vipers, then it feels like we're still accomplishing something. Maybe someday we can still have a big get together, but the US is just such a big place that no matter where you try to plan an event, it would take a lot of people a lot of travel time to be able to attend. Fingers crossed that we can make it happen eventually though.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to access my private messages over there or did they all get flushed down the toilet??

str5010

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I was able to login in and see all my private messages. I don't believe I did anything special to get there.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to log in, but could not see my P Ms. My thread Subscriptions are back, so that makes me somewhat less perturbed about the whole situtation.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to log in, but could not see my P Ms. My thread Subscriptions are back, so that makes me somewhat less perturbed about the whole situtation.

I was able to log in to the old site finally.

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the older members and welcome to the new members! They still blocking all non paying members?

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome back to the older members and welcome to the new members! They still blocking all non paying members?
Thanks.

Looks to me like we have access to the legacy forum area.. can login, search and stuff. Not sure if we can post, haven't tried.
Looks like we're completely locked out of the new forum area, unless we pay.

A little curious to know how busy the new forum has become, but not horribly curious.
Anybody have eyes on it?

diamond head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the other site started it was said to be more inclusive. Now they're in debt and kicking everyone off that doesn't give them money. Very sad to see this happen.

2013GeeTeeS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke. I hope the forum crashes and burns. I purchased through multiple vendors over there and even bought my car from a fellow member.

How are they in debt? lol

capevettes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had been a Mamba Member over there for several years. I expressed my opinion that locking out Enthusiasts was a mistake. It fell on deaf ears. The results speak for themselves. I don't revel in their demise, but it was predictable.