Look what I've gotten myself into now....

Reaction score
Jerry that is awesome thanks for being such a great humanitarian. My wife and I love the show also and will be super proud when we see this one!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jerry,

this is also a GREAT opportunity to get some good press for the VCA. IF people step up. how bout we make one of the rooms in the house a viper pit and everybody donates some cool stuff for it.

also shoot me an email and i will be happy to make a contribution of some sort for the building of the house

regards
george ciamillo

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great Jerry! Will you be building them a Viper pit garage? :D

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Jerry. :2tu: When your working with them tell them if they want to build one on the east coast (Maryland) my company would be
willing to do the same.

Limitedhomes.com

Good luck and let me know if I can help in anyway.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Jerry.

One question, how do you guys build a house in a week??? What about state/county inspections?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jerry...if you put me up for the week in that awesome garage of yours I'd be more than happy to volunteer my labor for the project. :D

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way to go Jerry!

One of the few true family entertainment shows left on TV!

Chris, can we get a "donation thread" going? Maybe there's some VCA memorabilia that can help make the donations interesting?

I'll tell you what...

I'll be glad to donate an Anson Red RT/10 model (sorry, out of box, but PERFECT!), and I'm sure I can dig up some other memorabilia to help the cause!

In the past, we have been able to start a topic for members to bid on these goodies. Any chance on making this happen?

Last edited:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Jerry.

One question, how do you guys build a house in a week??? What about state/county inspections?

Another question, why does the family run out of the house at the beginning of the show full of excitement and utter surprise, when you can see the wireless microphone pack strapped in at the small of their back?

I really enjoy this show and I watch it every week but I have to believe there is weeks of planning before the week-long build.

Bob

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that donated... we raised over $145,000 for the family and we demolished their old home and built the new house in 106 hours! Time to get caught up on our sleep now...

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another question, why does the family run out of the house at the beginning of the show full of excitement and utter surprise, when you can see the wireless microphone pack strapped in at the small of their back?

I really enjoy this show and I watch it every week but I have to believe there is weeks of planning before the week-long build.

Bob

They are actually told they are one of 5 finalist and may not be the one that is chosen. They have people in all 5 homes waiting to see which family they will choose.

By the way yes, there are weeks of planning before the build... just as we do before ANY home we build. The home is actually built in 4 days and then turned over to the design team to complete the interior decorating in around 16 hours. We all worked around the clock with hundreds of skilled workers and thousands of volunteers helping with the cleanup, food etc...

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Jerry.

We had City inspectors on the site 24/7 during the building process. We also had our own inspectors there to help and add another pair of eyes to the project. They actually inspect as we build. NOTHING is missed or covered up.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we operated in the same state as my company also provides charity work for underprivileged housing projects throughout Georgia such as habitat for humanity and a few other smaller charities. Some projects we do at zero cost(totally free) and others projects we only bill labor and materials at no profit to the company. I'm curious as to how this is structured. Are you being paid with profit or donating all the labor and supervision?

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are actually told they are one of 5 finalist and may not be the one that is chosen. They have people in all 5 homes waiting to see which family they will choose.

By the way yes, there are weeks of planning before the build... just as we do before ANY home we build. The home is actually built in 4 days and then turned over to the design team to complete the interior decorating in around 16 hours. We all worked around the clock with hundreds of skilled workers and thousands of volunteers helping with the cleanup, food etc...

We had City inspectors on the site 24/7 during the building process. We also had our own inspectors there to help and add another pair of eyes to the project. They actually inspect as we build. NOTHING is missed or covered up.

As someone in the business, I am thoroughly impressed.

Me, too. I am also thoroughly impressed (but I'm not in the business). Thank you for the replies. I like hearing the little details about the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Not only do I watch the show every week but I also sometimes tune in the reruns that are showing several times a day. It is amazing to me that you can destroy and construct a house in four days. I also can't get over how pretty the houses look on the inside. The interior decorations on all the projects look great. It's far above what I try to visualize for my own home.

Bob

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That almost seems cruel. I'd hate to be one of the other 4 families with the ABC people there, all wired up and the bus never pulls up :(

Jerry, any idea when the episode will air? Or has it already?

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we operated in the same state as my company also provides charity work for underprivileged housing projects throughout Georgia such as habitat for humanity and a few other smaller charities. Some projects we do at zero cost(totally free) and others projects we only bill labor and materials at no profit to the company. I'm curious as to how this is structured. Are you being paid with profit or donating all the labor and supervision?

We were not paid anything. The whole project had to be 100% donated. ALL labor and materials were donated at zero cost!

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That almost seems cruel. I'd hate to be one of the other 4 families with the ABC people there, all wired up and the bus never pulls up :(

Jerry, any idea when the episode will air? Or has it already?

It will air on March 8, 8pm pacific time on ABC

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that we found out we were selected as the builder about 4 weeks before the build and actually designed a brand new home from scratch for the homeowner to fit all of her needs. It was a complete ADA home design.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang