Looking for a driving School Recommendation

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for a Driving school recommendation.
I would like to get some professional instruction to improve my driving skills. I don't consider myself a slouch by any means. I have years of track experience in my snake and I have run some NARRA and NASA events in Time Trials.
I am looking for a 3 day school, that doesn't start with car control. I want to sit in class or be on the track. I would hope the school uses cars that have some horsepower also.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bondurant in Arizona uses Z06s.
-so, similar power size and weight to the Viper.
I would look into them. I believe they are a 3 day class as well.

I think Skip Barber uses Miatas and little open wheel cars.

In my area there is a killer instructor that works with you one on one, how many days you want, whatever you need /can afford.
He is primarily a Z06 / ZR1 guy, but also has some Solstices for teaching. He will teach in your car, or you can rent one of his.
This dude is totally the real deal and if you want some serious instruction, I highly recommend him.
Let me know if interested, and I can get you the contact info.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO , the best Viper instructors around are working at NARRA events, which is one-on-one in the seat of your car and helping you with setup in the pits. I am sure if you look for some HPDE time at any road course, you can find someone who is a former pro that instructs. It doesn't have to be a Viper instructor. You can also learn a lot in a smaller displacement car, so don't shy away from a good school for that reason alone. You will learn some good skills no matter where you go. At the end of the day, there is nothing like competition to make you faster. TT is a great place to learn if you 'engage' in the process and don't just make lapping days out of it. Be sure to time your laps too, no matter where you race, and see what works to bring your lap times down. Also, Cindi Lux is a pro/SRT test driver who instructs at Miller.

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miller Motorsports Park Has School

Hire a private driver to help

Parump NV has a Driving School.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Mountain is THE best in Nevada. Even Skip Thomas of the old Viper Days told me he went to many schools and the best was Spring Mountain, by far. They only use Vettes but excellent instruction and lots of track time. Check out their site. Rooms on premise too.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Mountain is THE best in Nevada. Even Skip Thomas of the old Viper Days told me he went to many schools and the best was Spring Mountain, by far. They only use Vettes but excellent instruction and lots of track time. Check out their site. Rooms on premise too.

Its a great facility. I have not gone to the school, though. (I'm too cheap.) They are using the new C7 Vette now, also. I was just at an event there this weekend. I counted 125 C7s on site for the Ron Fellows Driving school and for training classes for the Corvette Sales Academy

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll second that, top notch instruction, new Corvettes, condos, swimming pool, clubhouse and day spa on site. Ron Fellows Corvette School at Spring Mountain. I've graduated from their Levels 1 and 2 programs. I'm to the skill level (as you are) that if I return, it will be most beneficial to do a private lesson. I will likely be taking a two day private lesson in my Viper there. You can also drive their Corvettes, likely a Z06 (or maybe the new C7, but I'd rather drive a C6) for a private class I would think. You can design a custom lesson plan and have them focus on whatever you want to. It costs more if you drive their car instead of your own, as you would expect.

I will be doing a Thursday - Friday lesson there early next year, then spending the weekend with my lady in Vegas and driving home Monday.