Looking for some help

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m looking to find someone in the Port Saint Lucie area to help me change my slave cylinder on my clutch on my 94 rt/10. At least that’s what I was told was wrong I have no clutch pedal.Its been too long without my car. Thanks

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Its not a specialized tasked - its actually pretty straight
forward. If you have any mechanically inclined friends,
theyll easily be able to assist you.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fluid in master not sure were it leaked out nothing under the car. I’m not really comfortable removing my transmission.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you go nuts removing transmissions and slave cylinders, try filling up the clutch master and pump the peddle, you might not even need to bleed the clutch system, its an old car and I bet no one ever serviced or changed the fluid, it doesn't hold much fluid and probably evaporated, if filling the master works but still seems a little spongy then just bleed the system as you would with brakes, the bleeder is right on the slave. Use dot 3 brake fluid.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes a master cylinder will leak and fluid will run down inside the car and soak into the carpet. The smell might not be noticed on an open top car.

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Make sure it isn't a simple clutch pedal linkage disconnect. Had that happen on my '94 recently. Pedal went to the floor. The linkage above the pedal had popped off at the ball joint. Easy to just align and pop back on.

OP
OP
T

tim bob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will check that also for sure thanks this weekend