Love the new '08 but I already have a problem...

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up my new '08 coupe, SSG no stripes, black/stone with nav.

Everything was going fine until 66 miles on the odometer and the check engine lights starts flashing and the engine will not rev above 2500 rpm. I was just entering the interstate and had to drive to the next exit. Got there and pulled over, idle sems to be normal just reduced power and no rpm over 2500. Killed the motor and let it sit a minute, restarted and all was well, no check engine light. Another 60 or 70 miles later and the same thing happens again. Pulled over and restart, all is well again but the check engine light is on steady. Pulled into the Auto Zone store and had them pull the code, "random multiple misfires" great, this will not help the tech figure out what is happening. Light goes out after a few starts and stops.

Up to 220 miles on the Viper and this has happened 3 times so far. Anyone have any thoughts on what could be going on? I am goign to take it in to the dealer in the next few days but I have a feeling that they will not be able to figure out what is going on since it is "random".

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what is actually the mechanical problem but my understanding is that the 2500 limit is the car going into "limp home mode". Sorry to hear that happened but I would go to the dealer and have it fixed ASAP.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the dealer can replicate the problem, Steve. Does this dealership where you bought the car have an experienced VIPER TECH (not the Viper Tech that only takes a one-day course in Vipers!) I know it were me, I'd NOT leave the car, but I'd be RIDING with an experienced VIPER Tech driving the car, hoping the problem repeats. Good Luck...keep us posted. ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang