Main Fuse Block Voltages

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wiring/Service Manual - I need a little help from someone that has the wiring or service manual for a '01 GTS. I'm running into complications on installing my Innovate LC-1 that I think may point back to where I am picking up my power source. I'm tapping into the radio fuse in the main fuse block (above driver's left knee) to pull my power source for the new LC-1. I suspect that this may not be a 12V source. My back surgery is keeping me from being able to twist around to put a meter on the fuses in the main block.

Could someone check the wiring diagram and check the outputs in the main fuse block? Two quick answers that I'm looking for are: Is the Radio fuse a 12V source? and Which of the circuits can I tap into that ARE 12V sources and not a safety issue if the extra load should cause a fuse to blow?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a 12V fuse block. I run both my V1 and Hella TPMS from that block. Alternatively you can pick up 12V from the power window switches at the center console sans where I power my Modifry from. Use a tap connector that adds another fused circuit available from Auto Zone. Just plug it in and wire from the supplied pigtail. I used a Scotchlock tap at the window switch.

PS blue cars are slower as well as they usually can only muster 10 to 11 volts on a good day so paint the rag red and all will be well.

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll assume that all are 12V. Thanks for the quick reply. As for painting my beautiful S/S red .... Why would I want to do that and have it just like so many others?:lmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302