Media Gallery.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we still not upload any photos? I can at least log on now with one of my Media Gallery ID's but the Snake Hydes ID does not work.
Chad

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I view 'my gallery' I get GCHDEALER pics, thats where yours went to !

190auto_show_weekend_053-med.jpg

at least the posting works ok, I wonder if I can delete them all ?

only kidding :D

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that as well. Do you think that they will get it straitened out? I would really like to have my gallery back and be able to upload somemore pictures.
Chad

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an update from our programmer, news is not "perfect". I'll forward this thread to him so he can add it to the bug list. This conversion is a very complicated one, our last programmer sort of avoided it, we are lucky to have found a programmer willing to take it on. The only other option would have been to start all new accounts which was a non-option in my oppinion. I saw him working at teh shop late last night, I'll give him a call today to see how he's doing. We'll keep you posted.

Programmers comments:

gallery.viperclub.org became the default gallery for VCA. It is now integrated with the forum. However, users are not migrated yet. Users from the forum can login into the gallery and upload files.

However, users from the gallery, that did not have forum account would not be able to login anywhere. They will have to create a forum account.

I am working on a script that would let the users from the forum to provide username and password for the former user account of the gallery and automatically merge both accounts. I will need some more time to get the script working and debug any problems.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so you mean you have to be a VCA MEMBER in order to upload any pictures??? or all you need is a s/n for the VCA.....

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please migrate your gallery accounts to gain access to your previous photos.

what does 'migrate' mean for us thick people ? :)

after logging in, 'my gallery' shows no pics stored yet when I search in the main index, they are all still within the system

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please migrate your gallery accounts to gain access to your previous photos.

what does 'migrate' mean for us thick people ? :)

after logging in, 'my gallery' shows no pics stored yet when I search in the main index, they are all still within the system

Migrate.... hmmmm, OK, unfortuinately, the gallery account and the forum account were separate, each had its own ID and login.

So, for simplicity lets say your gallery account was "1" and your forums account was "79".

The reason that for a while, peoples galleries had other peoples pictures in them was the new gallery software automatically "grabs" your forums account - in this example "79"..... so you got "79's" pictures in your account until you migrate your own "1" pictures into your account.

Migrate, is a fancy term meaning - put stuff where it belongs.

Georgie wrote a script that should kick up when you go to log into the galleries.

If you have the same username for the galleries as you do for the forums it should automatically migrate, but I "think" it will ask for your galleries password in case someone else happened to pick an identical gallery username.

If you have a different user name for each, it will ask for your galleries user name/password, and your forums user name/password.... and it will "migrate" your galleries account into your (now galleries AND forums) account.

If you do not have a forums account, it will ask you to register for one, as now they are used for both.

Hope this does not make things more confusing than they already are :(

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Georgi, I must have missed reading any of your 4700 posts! :confused: :D

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same username/password for the gallery and forum it don't automatically migrate for me. I've deleted my cookie out of interest and tried again but it didnt make any difference, the pics still dont show in 'my gallery'

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto what Neil says..I have same username and password name for both media and forum and there are NO PICTURES IN MY GALLERY AND THERE IS NO PLACE TO UPLOAD PHOTOS..

Is there any intelligent life left in the Galaxy!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
logging out, then logging back cracked it for me, Congrats guys you've sorted it! I take it the upload feature is still off. Like the shortcut under the avatar, sweet !

IT WORKS
:2tu:

1902-med.jpg

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/html/forums/gallery_migrate.php on line 34

My bad, I didn't enter in a valid username. Might need an error check in there or something.

Good job.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great that approval thing is a real pain, I'm sure the mods will remove any pic that has no place here :2tu:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgi --

I finally got there. I guess the confusing part is that when many of us last logged onto the Forum we clicked "Remember me". Then when we leave the Forum we don't formally "log off", obviously this makes it easier and faster the next time we come back to the Forum. From a layman's perspective we were "logging on" and "logging off", but not from the system's perspective. I think it would be helpful to be a little more explicit in your instructions. :p

Also, couldn't there be an instructional message displayed when you try to log on to your Member Gallery? All I got was "No images..." :confused:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the gallery switch wipe out all the pictures from posts prior to the switch? When I search and pull up old posts all I get are the little red "x's" where the pictures were.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Georgi, for replacing the pictures in the thread I gave you. As you saw, there were quite a few and it would have been a shame to lose them.

I tried to go back and edit another of the old threads, but I didn't seem to be able to figure it out. I right clicked on the little red x, then clicked on the properties selection. That showed me a code listing that looked similar to the example you list above -- in fact I couldn't see any difference.

However, even if I could see a difference that needed to be changed, I couldn't figure out how to make an edit. Modifying the properties description didn't work and when I click on "edit" on the thread it says that the deadline for making changes has passed.

Being able to search the old threads is one of the greatest features of this site. Many of us rely on illustrations of technical fixes and other pictures that we now don't have. Please help us restore this feature.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense guys; but isn't that a bit unreasonable to expect Georgi to go through and edit everyone's posts? I mean, you can do it yourself while searching for your posts in the first place!

I don't mind wiping my kids butt when their really little, but there comes a time when they can start wiping their own asses.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
packetjunkie --

Please explain how we can edit the posts -- no one else has been able to.

Georgi is the person who changed things in the first place and all we are asking is how can we get things back. If we know how, we can change things as we need to. However, there should also be a general posting somewhere so that new members/readers can also learn how when they come to the board.

We'll ignore your patronizing comment about your fatherhood.