Midwest Zone Rendezvous Aug 12-14, 2011

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I submitted it in a random forum somewhere on the internet. It should only take you a few weeks to find it :D

:rolaugh:

Nice!

I feel feel like Chad now when you told him to read the side of the Sunny D bottle and he stared at the word concentrate for 3 hours! :D:lmao:

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul - If someone (like me for example! :D) would like to do a few fun runs, what do I sign up under?

Thanks!

Sorry, been gone for a while. If you plan to run down the drag strip you need to sign up for the $170 entry to cover your tech card. Hopefully, you'll get the practice you need and join the eliminations on Sat.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original room block at the Marriott is filled. Janey has worked with the Marriott and they have extended to us another block of rooms.

Get your room reservation in now!!!!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better step up the pre registration!!! We need a count for food, shirts etc. I know many of you guys just register at the gate, but we need a count on who's racing,Drag and AutoX too. SO GET YOUR Pre Registrations in, quick. You can't just show up and expect we'll have space in the car show, food, shirts and room for you in the suite.

If you're still on the fence post up what your plans will be, are you planning on coming to race or for just a day. Your gate registration does NOT cover meals and other activities. We'll be glad to collect at the tent but it's more than pre registration and is more work for us. The guys and gals of the Ohio VCA have been working many hours to put this show on so let em know if your coming!!!!!

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get your registrations in now!

You can download the registration form at:
http://www.viperclubohio.org/www.viperclubohio.org/Mission_files/MidwestMOPARForm.pdf

List of Events:

Thursday, August 11th

7:00PM
Dinner at ******* Polaris
8591 Sancus Boulevard
Columbus, OH 43240
(614) 846-2367
Contact person: Jason Mattinson (Stretch)

Friday, August 12th

9:00AM - 6:00PM
Open Time Trials
National Trail Raceway
Included with Race Entry
Contact person: Paul Suloff

11:00AM
Viper Road Tour
Meet at the Viper Pit Tent
Lunch is included with pre-registration
Contact person: Kevan Geier

7:00PM
Dinner at Tilted Kilt Polaris
8665 Sancus Blvd.
Columbus, OH, 43240
614-888-KILT
Caravan to the Tilted Kilt from the Viper Pit Tent at 6:00PM
Contact person: Jason Mattinson (Stretch)

Saturday, August 13th

9:00AM - 3:00PM
Time Trials Trophy/Bracket Entries Only
Included with Race Entry

11:00AM - 3:00PM
Viper Show and Shine
Please have your Viper/ Viper Truck cleaned and in place by 10:45AM.
Judging will start at 11:00AM, the Honorable Bill Tyson officiating.
Included with pre-registration
Contact person: Terry Bosserman, Bill Tyson

NOON
Lunch in the Jegs' Suite in the Tower.
Enjoy your lunch and watch the drag racing in the air conditioned Jegs' Suite.
Contact person: Sam Goldfarb, Terry Bosserman, Robert (Mopar Boy)

3:00PM
Viper, Stick, & Trophy Class Eliminations

Included with Race Entry

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6:00PM[/FONT]
Catered Dinner, Awards Ceremony and Viper Memorabilia Auction
in the Jegs' Suite. Included with pre-registration. Those who are not pre-registered may purchase
dinner tickets at the Viper Pit Tent while supplies last.
Contact person: Randall Arnold (daytonprowler), Terry Bosserman, Sam Goldfarb,
Robert (Mopar Boy)

8:00PM
Caravan to the MOPAR SUPER CRUISE in Heath, Ohio
Contact person: Kevan Geier

Sunday, August 14th

10:00 AM
Viper Autocross at the Indian Mound Mall 771 South 30th Street
Heath, OH 43056

This event and lunch is included with pre-registration. The Viper autocross winners will represent the VCA Midwest Zone in the annual autocross competition with the Chrysler SRT engineers in Michigan in Sept/October.

POLO SHIRTS - Those who are pre-registered recieve a VCA Midwest Zone Rendezvous polo shirt.
You may pick those up at Sam Goldfarb's motorhome next to the Viper Pit Tent.

QUESTIONS:
If you have any questions during the event they can be answered at Sam Goldfarb's motorhome
located next to the Viper Pit Tent.

If you have any questions before the VCA Midwest Zone Rendezvous 2011:

Janey White - VCA Ohio Region Secretary/Treasurer
[email protected]
1-330-219-6325

Randall Arnold - VCA Ohio Region President
[email protected]
1-937-470-8306

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"6:00PM
Catered Dinner, Awards Ceremony and Viper Memorabilia Auction
in the Jegs' Suite. Included with pre-registration. Those who are not pre-registered may purchase
dinner tickets at the Viper Pit Tent while supplies last.
Contact person: Randall Arnold (daytonprowler), Terry Bosserman, Sam Goldfarb,
Robert (Mopar Boy)"

For those who have not pre-registered and want to attend the catered dinner, etc.,

you may pre-purchase your dinner tickets by contacting:

Janey White
VCA Ohio Secretary/Treasurer
330-219-6325
[email protected]

We only have 100 dinner tickets. Tickets are $15 each. The people that have pre-registered for the event account for over 50% of the available tickets so far (included with pre-registration). These tickets are strickly "first come first serve" for those not pre-registered.

So don't get caught having to go to the hot dog/hamburger stand Saturday night.

There will be an auction after the dinner. Some of the highlighted items include:
a bottle of special blend SRT-10 Jack Daniels with a custom stainless steel flask and autographed by the "Grail Keeper" himself Herb Helbig , a Stryker logo engraved piston from the new Gen V engine, and a pair of side sill kick plates for a Gen 3-4 and autographed by the SRT Team!!

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's August 3rd and we are still getting a lot of calls with people registering over the phone. We will accomodate the phone-in registrations for only the next couple of days. Remember, if you want to partake in all the events being offered, you need to pre-register!

If you are planning on attending PLEASE let us know, even if you are coming just for one day and paying at the gate.

We need to get some idea of a head count for the food.

For those that have not pre-registered, the Saturday evening catered dinner is almost sold out, so contact Janey White 330-219-6325 if you want to reserve a dinner ticket for Saturday night.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's August 3rd and we are still getting a lot of calls with people registering over the phone. We will accomodate the phone-in registrations for only the next couple of days. Remember, if you want to partake in all the events being offered, you need to pre-register!

If you are planning on attending PLEASE let us know, even if you are coming just for one day and paying at the gate.

We need to get some idea of a head count for the food.

For those that have not pre-registered, the Saturday evening catered dinner is almost sold out, so contact Janey White 330-219-6325 if you want to reserve a dinner ticket for Saturday night.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MWZR Packets have been mailed out to pre-registered attendees (except our Canadian friends will pick up at the hotel and the few latest entries will pick up at the gate).

For those that are not pre-registered and paying enty at the gate, make sure you contact Janey White (330-219-6325) to purchase your Saturday night dinner ticket. 100 dinner tickets are already sold and we have only 20 left!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In other good news....

The course for the cruise is set!
It's got some nice stretches and a few good twisties, and who doesn't love blind hills? :D

FROM TRACK TO ICE CREAM:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...W-ymdDdNLZTo4iDFpLdFMPRLWzg&mra=prev&t=h&z=11

The fine folks at the Velvet Ice Cream Factory are expecting us at 11:00AM on Friday and are excited to see the Vipers again.
We have 2 parking areas and will direct folks as they come in.
Here's a link to their site: http://www.velveticecream.com/mill/ye_olde_mill.asp
(check out the menu while you're on their site....it's at the bottom of the page)

I will have printed maps for everyone, but in case you want to look at it on Google:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...eTw&mra=dpe&mrsp=4&sz=12&via=1,2,3,4&t=h&z=11

Here's a basic text version of the cruise route from the Velvet Ice Cream Factory:
US-62 (E) to OH-586 (S)
OH-586 (S) to OH-79 (N)
OH-79 (N) to OH-541 (E)
OH-541 (E) to SR-60 (S)*
SR-60 (S) to OH-208 (E)
OH-208 (E) to OH-666 (S)
OH-666 (S) to I-70 (W)
I-70 (W) back to the track

It's a fun drive through some wilderness areas and real Amish country (keep your eyes out for their 1 HP rides!) and then a cool-down drive back to the track along I-70.
I drove it today being a 'good kid' and did it in 1.5 hours. With a few stops to let the yellow Vipers catch up to the group :))), we should be right at 2 hours.
There's only about 80 feet of construction, and the roads are quite smooth. OH-666 is a little bumpy, but....c'mon....check out it's name! LOL

(*= for those that want to duck out early, you can take US-16 (W) just before Dresden. It's a huge interchange; ya can't miss it. US-16 will take you back to Newark).

GMRS radios will be available, and we'll be on Ch.10 if you're bringing your own.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks everyone! See ya in a week!

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gonna try to stop by and meet a few more members this weekend. Not bringing the viper this year, one of the old clunkers is coming to cruise Heath instead. Cant wait to see the viper pit though!!!!!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of big green bird? Like the big bird. Like the mother of all chickens, the superchicken?:yay:

(superbird for those not following)

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag Racers get teched in Friday if possible. We'll have two or three sessions on Fri, one maybe two on Sat morning. Racing starts 2:30/3 Sat.
Classes will be index based (ie 12.00, 12.50, 13.00) Have to pick one and run that index ET all day, NO Changes.

Special awards for low ET on OEM tires.

Also Combined low ET for Drags and AutoX. Must run the same setup for both events. YOUR Drag ET MUST be verified by ME. So let me know when you plan to make a qualifing run and I'll initial the time slip. NOTE: You can make a qualifing run with your Auto X setup, then change to a total drag setup for the drag races.

Auto X Sun morning at Indian Mound Mall. We'll be setting up around 7:30 and should be ready for practice runs around 9AM. Local SCCA will run the program for us. Practice as time permits, TWO classes Stock and Modified. STOCK is as delivered (minor exceptions for OEM tires and wheels). MODFIED is everthing else, including ACR factory cars. This is a lightly policed club event! If a car should be bumped up or down the OHIO VCA will make the call. SCCA will tech all cars. The winners of each class will represent the Zone at the year end SRT shootout/\.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Special awards for low ET on OEM tires.

Also Combined low ET for Drags and AutoX. Must run the same setup for both events. YOUR Drag ET MUST be verified by ME. So let me know when you plan to make a qualifing run and I'll initial the time slip. NOTE: You can make a qualifing run with your Auto X setup, then change to a total drag setup for the drag races.

/\.

Hey Paul,
do the tires have to be Pilots or any street tire?

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of big green bird? Like the big bird. Like the mother of all chickens, the superchicken?:yay:

(superbird for those not following)

Yep, its the mother of all chickens.. I loaded it up tonight in the trailer. Its been in storage since 1980 and I just aquired it this spring and put it back on the road 2 weeks ago. Just replaced the safety stuff, fuel tand and redid carbs. Other than that, it is right out of 1979. We will be parked on the blacktop with 4 other racecars right along where the grass starts, halfway between the tech area and the swap field. You cant miss it. Stop by and say hi. Eric

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric

Oh sweet mother of all things good! I will so be over to check that our and hear the story. The superchicken is my other dream car! :yay:

Robert

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paul,
do the tires have to be Pilots or any street tire?

We'll allow other brands that are "street" replacements for OEM Pilots in the AutoX stock class. NO DOT type soft compounds allowed in stock. Like R compound BFG, Kumho, Toyo, Goodyear RS, Michelin Sport Cup, shadow tread tires etc.

For the Drag Race award on OEM street tires the same rules would apply. However, If we have an ACR drag racing, we'll have to allow the Sport Cups. Ohio VCA will be the final judge if there is any question.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235