Might be leaving the Gen3 family...ordered 13' gt500

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ordered a 2013 gt500 yesterday...can't pass up the potential of it. Looks like my 06 coupe is going on the for sale block ;(

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for the over sticker price theory on the other thread comparing the Mustang to the new Viper. Even though you are going to the darkside, you should have a very cool ride.

Enjoy

Bruce

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to argue with 650 bhp right out of the box, with a full warranty, for $55K.
That said, while I am a big Mustang ( I prefer the Boss 302) guy as well, it's no Viper, from a dramatic visual standpoint.
In any case, send pics and enjoy it safely.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been contemplating the same thing. I used to have an 03 cobra before my Viper and overall that is my all time favorite car. Make sure to send us some pics and enjoy her safe.

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
55K? That's not too bad at all, and the HP should be as easy to upgrade as other blown Mustangs have been. Hopefully we will get one of these to play with as soon as they are available, and the PCMs aren't some strange new type

My son wants to get rid of his Challenger because it's a POS. 2008 car that has blown head gasket, collapsed cats, oil leaks, ABS failure, O2 issues, burns excessive oil, etc. I'm not bashing all Challenger's, just his!! I even really like the blue color for the GT500 and it would make a nice Challenger replacement. I would buy one for me if I didn't already have a Viper with twin turbos, which is way cooler than any Mustang :)

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sctdev i agree i think the KR 500 kills the power of the challenger and looks better all around much better car !

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nix the new gt500 go gen4 with exhaust,filters,& mopar tune from what i see should be like 700hp na :)

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I have to say bad choice! Regardless of horsepower and speed I just couldn't imagine staring at a viper in my garage, then selling it for a mustang.

OP
OP
E

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not that attached to the exclusiveness that is the viper. I'm a gearhead. Ford fan at heart. My 03 cobra is still the fastest car I owned and I've had the c6z06 and this viper after. So I'm not going to get all bent out of shape when I see a mustang in the garage or when I tell people I have just a mustang. Don't get me wrong...the Viper is beautiful and draws some attention for just an average joe. Lol who knows I might wake up next week and cancel my order ;)

For those who asked I got white with the satin black stripes.

Goatman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well good luck with your new car. The new mustangs are a real improvement over the old ones, don't know is I could ever trade a viper for one. Definitely post some pics and drivers experiences with it. Are they still putting those skinny 285's on the rear?

OP
OP
E

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still come with the 285 rears...with the launch control,3:31 gears, and different tranny ratio Ford claims no issue this year with traction. Rumor has it Ford was clicking mid 11's with 120+ trap.
Let's face it who keeps stock rubber on their cars...remember the viper era with the run flats.

This car is going to be nasty with a tune and drag radials.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted. Might even get a license plate frame... " I used to drive a dodge"

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good move.. NOT!!
Leaving Dodge for a ford... :crazy2::lmao:
Yeah, good luck getting that thing to hook up. C'mon ford, put some meat in the rear of the car. DUH!

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car , but still as big as a boat. Just doesn't appeal to me. But good luck with that 650 hp monster. Stay away from the blue as well, i think its one ugly blue, now if it were like a lemans blue they would have nailed it. They have ***** blue instead...lol

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the Ford website and built a 2013 online. Looks like any Mustang you build on the site now is a 2013. It says they will be out in the summer. There's a fair amount of body and stripe colors but very limited stripe color choices for each body color. I couldn't build a Deep Impact blue with silver stripes only white stripes for instance. The price for the base car I built is $54,995 including destination charges. $67,115 for a fully loaded car with the SVT track package, top audio and electronics, glass roof and Recaro interior with 20"s.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
instead of getting a plate that said [ i used to drive a dodge ] you should get a plate that says i used to drive a real car.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Viper was badass man...I understand your decision, but after having "real" sports cars like the Viper and Vette, i couldnt go back to such a large, heavy car...even if it is faster. Lemme know if you part anything from your Viper before you sell.

2005_Black_Vper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the order! I had a 03 cobra as well and it was a fun car, I will say though I dont see how I could go from my Viper back to a Mustang, but hey if a gt500 is what you want then go for it! I have yet to ride in the newer gt500's but I imagine they are nice cars. I am a big fan of the boss 302, great looking car. Post some pics when you get it, might be a Viper forum but we are are all car guys and a true car guy appreciates any nice sports car/ muscle car.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have gone to the dark side, well actually maybe just stepped into the shadows as I've picked up a used 1999 Mustang GT upgraded to a Bullitt motor and trans and fully outfitted with the Cobra R wing, front end etc. Previous owner upgraded a bunch of stuff for open track events (coilovers, caster plates, big brakes, chassis stiffners, 3.73 w/Auburn, oil cooler, Canton pan, NT-05's, etc). I bought this car so my kids can learn to drive a stick and do autocrosses and open track events. Parts and replacement stuff for a Mustang are so cheap...one new Viper wheel will buy 4 replacment wheels on a Mustang.

Apparently the new Mustang GT500 has been derated to drop the power down to 650 hp....kind of scary to think what a pulley, tune and exhaust will get you with a brand new car. For people that like to modify or add a lot of crap to their cars, the Mustang plateform can be beat.

Let us know an honest opinion of your new ride, enjoy it.

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang