Mod Mania. Whats next?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have had the exhaust changed to a Corsa and put the K&N kit in (the rest is stock). Love the sound and feel some extra power at the wheel :nana: . I would like opinions on what the best HP increase would be short of supercharging/turbo. I don't know that I want too move to highflow cats unless you all think that adds some real HP. Headers, CPU change?

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the reflashed DC Performance PCM first. Then decide if you want to change the rear gears...lot of discussions about that topic lately.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dont waste the money on Hi-flow cats. Just my opinion, but I dint see any real gains in power. Slightly louder,but barely. Better to remove all cats and you will get a defiante increase in power. The Dc performance reflash works great. Lastly, I would do headers. It will be my next mod, good for about 20-30 rwhp.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The DC reflash is definitely a good mod and well worth the money. The other thing I would look at is a lightweight wheel/tire combo. I went to SSRs and Sportcups which lowered unsprung weight by 72 lbs. This made a huge difference in how the car performed and handled. Much more than I expected. Felt like I picked up 50 hp.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, light weight flywheel is supposed to help quite a bit too and is relatively inexpensive. I haven't done this yet myself but have heard a lot of possitive feedback from others who have. It's on my "to do" list.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3" high flows (metal substrate)and exhaust will give you some power. Otherwise pull out the secondary cat for some more sound...2.5" high flows aren't worth the trouble.

All the other items mentioned are good too.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gears next -- you'll feel it. I wouldn't change the CPU until you do more power mods to justify the need for new CPU programming ... (IMHO)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon,

Great minds think alike, lol, we did the same first mods.
Last week I put on the Corsa & K&N piece.
I didn't do the hiflo cats for 2 reasons, one, my ear (and my wife's ear) is 30 inches from that exhaust outlet, so i didn't want it too loud & two, I talked to Corsa & they send they see 4-6 rwhp with a change to hiflo's & that was the 3" setup, wasn't worth the $600 to me.

So what next; I'm installing XP985 spark plugs, which are recommended by Robbie & others to smooth the idle & maybe a pony or two, $55 for a set of 10 pretty much anywhere.

I'm next thinking of the DCPerformance flash; they claim about 25 rwhp & benefits of smoother engine, better responsiveness, etc. I'm also seriously thinking of the 3.55 rear gears, something you'll really feel, the 3.07s rev up soooooo sllloowwlyy, I'm used to 3.55-4.10s and the 3.07s kind of drive me crazy.

I have an SVS shifter to install, which is supposed to be great.

Otherwise I'm stumped what to do next without doing something dramatic. I don't about where you are, but here in MD there's no good tuners for the Viper anymore so that's limiting me too.

Dave
03 SRT

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I wasn't thrilled about loosing the cats for so little HP either plus the wife factor w/ sound. I love the sound I have right now with the Corsa. I'm leaning towards new headers and/or the DC Performance chip. I hear both make some nice RWHP. If I can get upwards of 500+RWHP I will be happy :2tu: at least for a little while... Adam (AB) down here in Lousiville KY does some great work. It would be a drive for you. He did my exhaust a couple weeks ago.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, sounds like he's the man, I used his "how-to" to install me Corsa, it was great!! Unfortunately we're not lucky to have an Adam in MD, when Jason Heffner moved south I shed a few tears, now I'm limited to whatever I wrench myself. 500rwhp is my goal too, with 3.55s that'd be a real fun ride.

Viperholic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question on the flywheel, can they be installed for front wheel drive cars as well? I'm in the market for a Viper, but would like to squeeze some more hp out of my daily driver in the mean time. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dynoed right at 500RWHP and 522RWTQ with theses mods... Corsa, HF cats, RSI TB, K&N intake, lightweight flywheel, centerforce clutch, 3.55s, side winder wheels, svs shifter and DC program.

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am installing the Gen 3 Roe charger when it comes out, I have been told to stay w/ the 3.07's for better traction for the s/c. What do you guys think? In addition, what advantages do the short throw shifter or svs shifter offer? I raced a Porsche the other day and noticed he had a short throw shifter as well.