Must.......sell.......my.......2003....... ARGH!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!" Silly, silly me. I put in for the yellow VCA SRT knowing full well that I would not be drawn. I mean really, I can't even win a coin flip. So with that in mind, I knew that they were just BS'ing me yesterday when they called. "Hey, let's screw with Chris and tell him he was drawn for the SRT!" Yeah, they are still chuckling over that in Detroit I'll bet. ;)

Lo and behold, they did indeed draw my name among several others. And then quickly drove home this very important fact: I cannot afford two Vipers. So it is with great reluctance that I must part with one of the most photographed and perhaps one of the very strongest stock SRT-10's to grace this planet. Here is my most recent dyno, with only K&N's:

You must be registered for see images

The car has 6800 loving miles, but will clip 7000 this weekend for the Whiteman Air Force Base event. You know, the one that yields pictures like this:

27.jpg

I am very, very proud of this car and will ask $69,995 for it. Price includes the MGW goodies (don't know what the yellow SRT has for an interior yet) and at least one CD with hundreds of pictures that I shot of this car in various locations and settings. Chances are good it may appear in VIPER magazine at some point with a few of these pictures (with the tank, in the fog, etc.). The new owner can then say, "Hey, that's my car!!" while I sob quietly in the corner... :crazy:

I will post full details and plenty of pictures on the VCA Classifieds very soon, assuming it doesn't sell before I get the chance (already had a couple inquiries from word of mouth). My pain is your gain!

Chris

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

Congratulations on getting drawn for a yeller'n! I'm sure you won't have any problem finding someone interested in buying a Viper that was formerly owned by a real Viper enthusiast.

SRTfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the drawing. I would buy your car instantly if we could just move a few decimal places in that price. ;)
Oh well, I guess Im stuck with a few TOY vipers for now...

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woah man, Congrats, thats awesome. If you want too, I have a place in my heart for that exact Viper.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the drawing. I would buy your car instantly if we could just move a few decimal places in that price.

Finally, somebody that values this car like I do! I appreciate the generous offer and will go ahead and sell it to you for $6,995,000.00. And hey, I will throw in a full tank of gas AND a fresh oil change. ;)

And in all seriousness, don't give up on getting a Viper too quickly. I know a guy that went directly from toy cars to a new Viper back in 1999...

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I'll take the car at your original price, I don't care too much for all those photos.

but.......YOU MUST include those lovely ladies you had sprawn all over your car for those tasteful photos.

Where do I send the check??

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I forget how strong that car is stock. You have some awesome pics. Good luck with the new ride.

POST MORE PICS!! :laugh:

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be hard to hit me a Hi-Res version of this?
I fell in love... Wallpaper alert!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a few more of the "Girl/Viper" shots? Nothing like a little advertisement! :headbang:

Do you know how much trouble I got into for this pre-planned photo shoot? LOTS! Wife was ready to kill me and so I have decided never to post them again. Of course maybe a single repost under the protection of Father's Day and I might only lose a limb...

Also, I think the car may already be sold to a local VCA member (nothing firm, but looking very possible). He knows the history of the car (perfect) and has seen it on the dyno (stunning) and the street (devastating). If anybody wants a '97 GTS (red) for under $40K (71,000 miles), he has your car!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, I have the same problem Chris has,(can only own one at a time) but mine is silver, and has NOT (drat) had all those ladies all over it. Under 3000 miles. I got one of those yellow things too!!!

Holler at me if you want a nice clean 03 Silver with under 3000 miles-
PBR

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the drawing Chris! I had the same problem when I won the 2004 raffle car. I had to pay DMV, sale tax, and capital gain tax. So I sold my silver SRT-10 and keep the raffle car and my GTS/ACR. The reason I did not participate in this drawing because I could not afford another viper or have to sell my ACR. Good luck with the sale of your black car and enjoy your new car!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the drawing Chris! I had the same problem when I won the 2004 raffle car.

Wow! Everyone is winning Vipers here! :shocked: How can I get the same problem?..... :D

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT10,
The 04 VCA raffle is comming soon.Just buy some tickets and have chances to win one!Who knows,you might have the same problem :) . By the way, I will buy some tickets just for fun but I do not think the luck will strike me again. Good luck!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL..... looks like yours will be the second black one going into the classifieds for this reason:

Ad Information

Category: New/Pre-Owned SRT-10's

Subcategories: '04 SRT-10's

Price $75,000 OBO

Year 2004

Model SRT-10 Convertible

Mileage 500

Exterior Color Black

Interior Color Black leather

For Sale By VCA Member

Description

New, just recently purchased, only 500 miles, perfect/new cond, still in break-in period. Must sell since I was drawn to purchase one of the Yellow VCA Special Edition Vipers.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Black bikini - $75
Cab fare to Viper Guy's house - $10.53
Picture of hot babe sitting in the world's greatest sports car ...

PRICELESS

:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang