My first track day ...I want more... advice appreciated

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not used to seeing fog lights on ACR's. Must be a requirement in Canada.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not used to seeing fog lights on ACR's. Must be a requirement in Canada.

The fog are our day time running lights, which I'm afraid is a CDN requirement. Better than having the headlights on all the time. I usually disconnect them on all my cars, just haven't taken the time to do it on this car yet.

I figure its a great way to let the Corvette guys I'm coming around again ......

MB

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that z06 looks a lil too close for comfort..next time put a lil more distance on him before the pic is snapped

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seat time is understood, like anything the more you do it the better you get. Instruction makes sense, with one full day of this it is clear to just how much I have to " learn" in order to eventually drive well. Seat time shouldn't be a problem as I had so much fun I'm signed up for a few more already.

Im just one of those guys who like to have the right equipment when I show up to play and I dont like being upside down ( too much) in my rides which is what got me to questioning the value of modding the coupe or buying a ACR.

JonB I would love to grab a reduces 09 as advertised but Im from the great white north so I cannot enjoy your aggressive US pricing. Ill get my car listed and start looking for some used 08 - 09 ACR's.

Has anyone run their vipers at Mosport here in Ontario? If so what is a good time for a viper on this track?

Late to this blog but offer the following:

Recent testing by Kuno Wittmer at Mosport on GEN IVs (all factory-stock):

- Coupe 1:28
- ACR 1:24
- ACR-X 1:20

Mentioned he was in 5th for a nano-second in the X (~165/170 MPH).

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whens the next time you will be tracking at Mosports? i'd love to see an ACR in action!

Oct 14th is the next date I have at Mosport. LEt me know if you are coming over. MB

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Late to this blog but offer the following:

Recent testing by Kuno Wittmer at Mosport on GEN IVs (all factory-stock):

- Coupe 1:28
- ACR 1:24
- ACR-X 1:20

Mentioned he was in 5th for a nano-second in the X (~165/170 MPH).

Wow, now I know how slow I really am. Again being so new to this I get thinking that my 1:33's are fast but as posted here the ACR is capible of so much more.

Thanks for posting. MB

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, now I know how slow I really am.
Don't feel bad MB you're doing great.

Kuno Wittmer is insanely fast. I was at the Long Beach GP/ World Challenge when he led the field by 10 seconds :omg: He won by 8+ seconds! He can drive the tires off a Viper.

IF you end up matching his track times, there's a pro team out there for you somewhere :rolaugh:

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't feel bad MB you're doing great.

Kuno Wittmer is insanely fast. I was at the Long Beach GP/ World Challenge when he led the field by 10 seconds :omg: He won by 8+ seconds! He can drive the tires off a Viper.

IF you end up matching his track times, there's a pro team out there for you somewhere :rolaugh:

Thanks , still having fun.

If anyone knows when a good fast viper is running at Mosport or Calabogie next please PM me. I want to go watch ( I really want to go for a ride) a pro driver run the track.

MB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper