My Gen 1 needs a new fuel pump… what are my options?

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 95 RT/10 needs a new fuel pump. Cranks at startup and getting worse. Dealer confirms and says its $1050 parts and labor. Anyone know what the actual parts go for and how much of this is labor as I suspect that my dealer is not offering any parts discounts?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might consider calling some of the people here for used parts and getting a Service Manual.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,
Send me your address and I'll send you one free. It may help a lot, but maybe not. The valve has been made "safe" (no excessive high pressures) but also not consistently a help (apparently doesn't cure starting problem all the time.)

If you want to call and talk about what it is and does, PM me a phone number.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do need a fuel pump, I have one. Selling for a lot cheaper than the dealer, but that's only a small part of the cost. The labor to get to the fuel tank and remove it is intensive on a RT. Call Chuck Tator for any hints or clues.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I recently had to replace the sending unit for the fuel gauge in my 95. It is part of the fuel pump so I had to remove the tank to get at it. This is not a difficult job but it is time consuming. If you have some mechanical ability and a few tools you can do it yourself and save quite a bit of labor cost. DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT IT WITHOUT A SERVICE MANUAL. List price on the pump is $616.00 but it available here for $226.00. http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=CTR&mfrpartnumber=P74659M&parttype=52&ptset=A. I had 55000 mi. on my car when I pulled the tank and I expected there would be some sludge buildup in the bottom of the tank but it was clean as it could be to my surprise. Good luck with your project.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21