My GTS vs Jeep SRT8 on Nitrous video...

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran at the track last night, clutch was slipping a bit so the car wouldn't hold the launch too well.... I ran up against this Jeep SRT8 with a few mods plus a 175 shot of nitrous..... It was tough to catch em!

Viper GTS vs Jeep SRT8 on Nitrous

My best run of the night was 11.9 @ 118.8, his was 12.03 @ 114.....

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video!! I love the Jeep SRT-8 as well. I got to drive them at the SRT Track Experience and immediately wanted one after.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWD is really a help on launching cars in a drag race, the extra weight isn't so great on a road course(or the understeer) it can induce. not a bad showing that the Jeep GC SRT-8 wtih a 175 shot should be near 600 hp(crank).

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit, as a Jeep SRT owner, it's been the most fun car to drive that I've ever owned (of the daily drivers). It's not just that it has power, it's just very quick off the line. It has a very low 1st gear, pretty much serves to get the thing moving (shifts at 18). It hops like a frog and is usually a couple car lengths in front of anything within the first second. Though it's AWD, the vast majorty of the power actually still goes to the rear. In snow it actually drives a bit like a rear wheel drive car. It's tuned nicely. I have a one with just the Mopar bolt ons, supposedly 460hp. Feels like it. Beats my Viper up to about 40 mph.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we LOVE our Jeep SRT! Its a blast to drive with the AWD...absolutely incredible launch! I have to say, its ALMOST as fun to drive as the Viper...seriously.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than it having just over an inch of rear wheel travel and trying to hurt me by closing the front doors on me all the time I really like my SRT-8 Jeep. I'm going to redo the rear bump stops to get some more travel and switch to non-runflat tires to smooth the ride out. I have a 1.3 mile commute to work so I do not really care about gas mileage.

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome video. It would have been a little disturbing to see a jeep beat a viper... but that was impressive.

:usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race was cool to watch.
But the best part of the Video was watching you cruise back in! Damn, the GTS just has lines that flow! Looks sick!
Very nice!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine