My knob is getting sticking

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My shifter is getting harder to shift into gears lately. It feels like the oil has thickened. Is there any grease fitting for the shifters?
It's a stock 05.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gee I was hoping this thread was going a different direction

a girl can only hope hahaaa!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gee I was hoping this thread was going a different direction
a girl can only hope hahaaa!

You read my 'deviant' mind, Les!~!~!~! :rolaugh: :eater: ~juli
We've always used the MGW shift KNOBS (*guffaw*)...on the '05 and the '08...but that doesn't address your 'handle', Andrew~~~:dunno: ~juli

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually this is a good question. Drove the wife's 01 GTS yesterday and it was the same way. Got a little better as it warmed up, but know where near as easy to shift as my 95. I even put the synthetic in it over the summer thinking it would help.

Any ideas would be great.

Ed

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually this is a good question. Drove the wife's 01 GTS yesterday and it was the same way. Got a little better as it warmed up, but know where near as easy to shift as my 95. I even put the synthetic in it over the summer thinking it would help.

Any ideas would be great.

Ed

Interesting, my wife's been driving ours for the last month and she's the one that brought it to my attention..........buuuuuuut...........that's not helping the direction this thread has taken.:lmao:

But seriously folks........:D

V

Venomiss

The wallpaper visual is not good on this one. :D

Shifting in another direction...I don't have clue to cure the sticky problem.
Maybe a viper tech will have some.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you HAVE to do that???? :omg: :lmao::rolaugh::lmao: (Have some WHAT????! :smirk:) ~juli
OMIGOSH, I have really gotten carried away today...naughty/naughty! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And I just had it in for new rubber but I thought my wife was being a wus so I didn't mention it.

Besides, I wouldn't want to go though this kind of ribbing at the dealership.

Reaction score
My shifter is getting harder to shift into gears lately. It feels like the oil has thickened. Is there any grease fitting for the shifters?
It's a stock 05.

I would definitely see your Dr.about this! :D

Seriously though, have you been even a little ******* it shifting wise? If so the stock shifter could be what is balking the shifts. I would try the MGW shifter it may help considerably, and at the same time you will be able to inspect the stock one when you remove it. If you have not, then does it get better or worse as it warms up? You could have a slightly bent shift rod, (runs the length of the trans from shifter to front). If this is even a little off it will cause dragging and will change with temperature (expansion and contraction not fluids). If so it will need repair/replacement to remedy.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I just had it in for new rubber but I thought my wife was being a wus so I didn't mention it.

Besides, I wouldn't want to go though this kind of ribbing at the dealership.

Uhhhh...huh huh...he said ribbing huh huh. :lmao:

He was talking about ribbing and new rubber in the same post. Andrew, is that something you should be worrying about when your knob is getting sticking? One problem at a time man! :rolaugh: Well, at least your protecting yourself!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at that, Andrew...a FIVE STAR rating on this thread~~!!! LOL...see what you started?! ~juli
(I don't need to be in a time-out today...I'm more 'composed'...heeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950