My knob is getting sticking

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definitely see your Dr.about this! :D

Seriously though, have you been even a little ******* it shifting wise? If so the stock shifter could be what is balking the shifts. I would try the MGW shifter it may help considerably, and at the same time you will be able to inspect the stock one when you remove it. If you have not, then does it get better or worse as it warms up? You could have a slightly bent shift rod, (runs the length of the trans from shifter to front). If this is even a little off it will cause dragging and will change with temperature (expansion and contraction not fluids). If so it will need repair/replacement to remedy.

I have a stock shifter but I had it shortened by DC Performance for a shorter throw. Too much of a good thing the misses said.:dunno:

Honestly, I can't say how it shifts when it's warmed up. My business is only 7 miles from my home and it never gets out of 2nd gear.:( In other words 5 to 10 min. and I'm there.:smirk:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stock shifter but I had it shortened by DC Performance for a shorter throw. Too much of a good thing the misses said.:dunno:

I didn't know DC Performance did those types of "services". Thats some out of the box thinking though. Most guys would've had it lengthened :lmao: I'll let someone else comment on the "too much of a good thing the misses said" part :eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh-OHHHHH, you're DOWN to 3 stars now, and here you had a winner...this just doesn't stop!
TENNIS ELBOW, ANDREW?????? GOOD GOSH, how often are you 'handling' your own 'knob'????
Only 7 miles to work and back, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....that wouldn't do it! And, YESSSSS....shortening one's 'shaft' is NOT way to go.
OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy....I'll admit that we also like a 'short-throw'...there, I'm back. ~jules

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check the BUSHINGS Andrew??????????????? The 'shaft' might be sticky and needs to be cleaned???????????? HOW'M I DOING???? ~jules

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check the BUSHINGS Andrew??????????????? The 'shaft' might be sticky and needs to be cleaned???????????? HOW'M I DOING???? ~jules

I didn't know shifter knobs came with bushings :lmao:... oh shyte you mean the shaft itself :omg: Well same case for the shaft then :lmao:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, NOT the knob.................................the SHAFT..........................BUSHINGS...............juli

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read this post and funny stuff. I have a ton of funny comebacks and a suggestion to really work it with Goo Begone, but that might send Juli over the edge. There is no way to respond to this thread question without having a pinky finger in the air and loading up the girls guns. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read this post and funny stuff. I have a ton of funny comebacks and a suggestion to really work it with Goo Begone, but that might send Juli over the edge. There is no way to respond to this thread question without having a pinky finger in the air and loading up the girls guns. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

It doesn't take much to get her going now does it??:lmao:

Robert

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH gosh you guys!~! ANDREW started it!!!! NAH, it doesn't take much with me!
MARY! I fell off my CHAIR over your 'hairy palm' reference...and goo-begone...it's too much!
TWO days in a row???? MIKE's GOTTA come home.................................SOOOOOOOOON! ~juli

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Now that we live in a green world don't forget to use the "watersoluable" GOO. Many new personal products available, his and hers. "Comebacks" - ummmm, OK.

Girl's Guns ... as in latex styles? I've read about "squirting ones" and it seemed that they could be loaded with any choice. Some of those "girl's guns" were even microwaveable.

Oh yah, shafts and knobs - my suggestion is try to adjust the stops farther allowing a longer stroke with firmer seating.

I heard one joke about adjusting strokes with Donuts.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd better get to work.

See, a 'whack' of trees were BLOWN yesterday. Since they're no longer *****, they serve no function. So I have to go out and SHAVE the branches, turning them into smooth LOGS, and shortening the tops (removing the end unuseable parts) and burn the waste. Then I'll cut the massive large parts into smaller manageable pieces.

Ted

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we got TED in on this too~!!! YESSSS! Squirty stuff? EWWWWW...no, no, no!!! ~juli
Shaving the branches...OUCH!~!~! GREAT one, Ted~~~lol....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang