My next blower project

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: On a typical, stock Gen1 engine ( 94 RT/10 ), how much HP would you gain by bolting on a ROE , or any other typical SC...?

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one make a blower for a gen 1 i would suggest calling Doug Levin he has don quite a few gen 1. Done right I would imagine 120 to 180 hp

WilBriK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying the new paxton set up. They are shipping it to me next week. I will keep you posted on how it works

Excellent. I'm more interested in developing HP/TQ in the upper RPM ranges - more concerned with top speed than 1/4 mile times and they say that is what the centrifugal SCs are good for.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your feedback.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Doug's made several GenI's with about an extra 300 to 400RWHP and even more torque. No Nitrous.

Gerald

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Doug's made several GenI's with about an extra 300 to 400RWHP and even more torque. No Nitrous.

Gerald
Geralds right Doug built me a screamin fast r/t many years ago. the car made as much hp as my 2000 now (dang the cast pistons). i wish i still had the r/t :) . but i still love my 2000.
Don't even think about charging the r/t without doing head gaskets. the factory paper ones can't handle the boost. they blow head gaskets :confused: .

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be able to sell kits now if anyone is interested. The first kit is going for a steal of a price (one you can't pass up) Less than a Roe blower is the hint on the price.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the email Mike. MAN! Im torn. Roe or Paxton? I have no problem tearing my car apart but there is nothing worse than a "kit" that doesn't bolt on. I dont have a metal fab shop so I am weary. The roe kit has less pieces to less room for error. I talked to Kathy Herring at Paxton. She said they "havent had any head gaskets or pistons rod go . . . yet"

I know its kicking a dead horse but which one! I like the price of both. Although the roe does look cooler.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not trying to switch anyone but I like fiddling and trying both. I will let everyone know on fit for sure. I am sure a big company like paxton would be very professional before releasing a kit

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious, i see all these packages done byt these modders. They are obviously very well done. ( Most of them. ) What I am wondering is if somebody can do the work in their garage? You would obviously need the right tools, but when it comes down to it, could you install a twin turbo in your own garage?

ceokris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Turbo Technologies in Tacoma Washington gave me a rough estimate of $6500-$7500 for a complete twin turbo setup and intercooler installed with dyno results. This was a couple years ago and they are normally booked up 6+ months in advance. I've seen their work and it's top notch. I think the setup would go up to 10PSI.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ceokris,

More details please!

Hold on a second let me wipe the drool from my keyboard first...

Did they give you any HP estimates? What's their phone number? Do they have a website?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually a turbo setup is easier for the do it yourselfer than a blower setup if you know what you are doing - if you can plumb it you can run it - but that does not make it a great deal.

I've run hot rod turbos and I've run top notch factory or aftermarket packages. The top shelf ones are better by far, the cheaper packages always compromise - but they'll still make power... at least they will if they don't blow up.

There's always some little thing not quite right, or some trade off, or some little job needs doing, fixing etc - but if budget is the most important thing - why not.

Personally I'm past all that - now there's only one way and that's the best way and the cost just is what it is. Any TT package under $20,000 would not even raise an eyebrow from me because it'll be ordinary - but good luck to those who go for it.

A 10lb low budget TT will have similar performance to a 700hp all motor - only not as responsive as they won't be as well managed.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbo Technologies in Tacoma Washington gave me a rough estimate of $6500-$7500 for a complete twin turbo setup and intercooler installed with dyno results. This was a couple years ago and they are normally booked up 6+ months in advance. I've seen their work and it's top notch. I think the setup would go up to 10PSI.

What kind of #'s are Turbo Technologies putting down ?? $7500 installed is a GIFT !!

Cheers

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte