My Underground Racing TT SRT is home!!

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got my TT SRT back from Underground Racing, and....
I appologize for holding out on the review of my build
You must be registered for see images
I got the car back as promised EXACTLY when I was told I would, and have been enjoying relentlessly LOL. I'm EXTREMELY picky and really had a tall order for what I was wanting. Here's a copy and paste from my previous thread stating my expectations (to catch everyone up) .......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TTime has come!!
Well after months of tire kicking I finally found the perfect car for my quest in building the ultimate street car. To meet that criteria the car must be able to do ALL of the following.......

1. Be as driveable as any off the showroom sports car (in all climates).

2. Be enjoyable to take long "issueless" road trips without wife complaining about noise, heat, etc.

3. Be the first thing that I want to get into EVERY time I walk into the garage

4. Be able to make over 1000RWHP on the lowest boost setting on 93oct and 1400+ on C-16

5. Be completed before I'm over the idea that this is what I want

I have chosen to let Underground Racing tackle this project due to my faith in their ability to not only meet, but exceed my expectations

OP
OP
G

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, when Kevin called me and told me if I didn't make any changes the build would be "on time" I kinda laughed to myself and thought "whatever!?! builds of this magnitude are NEVER done "on time". So I was geared up for one of two things.....
Expectations not being met, or problems that would prolong pickup!

When I got the call that the car would be done a couple days early I was like WHAT?!? Are you serious!?!? Kevin said "yep! I told you if you stuck to the build you originally requested it would be no prob." (Still skeptical) I set out to pick her up. When I arrived, I was greeted to royal treatment from the whole crew going over the car with great discernment. KC had the car on the dyno doing the final tuning and tweaking, and I was invited to film the dyno pulls for my own "authenticity
" Well after multiple pulls KC asked if I wanted to let the car cool back down to try for a good number
I said, I would rather see what the car does in "real world temps" not a cold pull, so he said no prob. let's do it!! He set the car on just 13lbs. of boost with 93 octane and W/M and proceeded to make the pull, well, it yielded
1040RWHP!!! I was happy to say the least! So next up was the addition of
C-16 and more boost and to my surprise the car layed down 1260RWHP on a measly 19lbs. of boost HEAT SOAKED!!
Needless to say I was beyond happy at this point!! I feel like the car cold would have easily pulled way in the 13**RWHP range even on the relatively low boost level!! (& to think the think it's capable of 32lbs.!) I was to excited at that point to wait on a higher boost level so I opted to get the car unstrapped and DRIVE HER!!

So out on the road I go
I must be humble and admit........ my previous experience of "fast" was merely a sad girlish joke! I had NO idea that my
850 to 900RWHP Paxton cars would not prepare me for the drive I was about to venture on
WOW!!!! I went to a lone stretch of closed interstate to try it out and I can not begin to put into words the feeling from blistering the tires from a 100MPH to 140+ on a 4th gear roll on!?!??! WHOA! The car is WELL BEYOND what even an experienced driver needs for the streets
I put the boost back to the 13lbs. and still had/have traction issues through 3rd and into 4th!! Man! I can't say enough about how incredible this thing runs!

So now for the rest of my expectations..
I got the car home and proceeded to the wife test (most grueling of all!!)
We set out for our typical 200 mile mountain cruise, and to my delight
SHE LOVES IT!!!! We ended up driving almost 260 miles in various driving conditions (stop and go traffic, hill climbs, curves, etc. etc.) The car performed FLAWLESSLY!!! with absolutely ZERO problems!! No starting probs., overheating, bucking, surging, erratic idle, NOTHING!!!! She made the mistake of asking me "did you really change anything?" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's when I ruined the good time
She was FURIOUS for the next hour after me pinning her to the seat while wagging the tail all the way through
3rd
Well anyway, she got over it and the car met the criteria set forth (in the MOST important arena for me) with flying colors

I could go on forever about my satisfaction, but I'm sure you could all care less, so I'll summarize with this....

I COULDN'T BE MORE PLEASED WITH THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE OF THIS BUILD

Now for the pics!!!!

OP
OP
G

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://i36.tinypic.com/2eqg95s.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i35.tinypic.com/2h72c1k.jpg[/media]

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel free to pm me any questions regarding the build, or the car!

[media]http://i35.tinypic.com/2yp19o2.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i35.tinypic.com/1z69uvo.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ekpz12.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i34.tinypic.com/169gro4.jpg[/media]

ChrisGNJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is nothing short of incredible. Everything is just done right on it. One of the few SRT's I've seen that I'd have a hard time saying no to over a Gen 2. Wow. If the power is as good as the looks, which coming from Underground I'm sure it is, this is hands down the car to beat.

Matt, check your *** on VA, I sent you one!

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTSNRT10. I am still on the way home. I brought my mom to keep me company on the long drive back to TX and we are stopping along the way to see her sister in GA and brother in AL.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is absolutely insane!!!! Tennessee huh, that's probably not too far for a road trip. I may have to come down sometime to see this thing in person.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double WOW

My son is in sales for Triton Boats near Nashville so I get down a few times a year. I would love to see that Viper in person.

What kind of tires are you using?

OP
OP
G

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! As A LOT of you know, I'm EXTREMELY picky about how my cars look so I struggled a little bit on my choices, but I'm happy with the end results

AGAIN, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS ON THE UPGRADES:usa:

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, the car looks great. We're having a lot of fun with ours also; working on our post as we speak so get ready to have the 2nd best looking TT ever! :rolaugh::drive::rolaugh:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! As A LOT of you know, I'm EXTREMELY picky about how my cars look so I struggled a little bit on my choices, but I'm happy with the end results

You?? EXTREMELY picky?? maybe a little OCD, but not picky :D:lmao:. Hey, congrats. You and Eric's cars are looking GREAT! Can't wait to see them in person. Hopefully Nov 1.
-Chip

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score

AGAIN, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS ON THE UPGRADES:usa:

PM Sent:2tu: