My Viper was STOLEN.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Viper GTSR 91,

I offer you my deepest condolences and I do hope when you get your insurance settlement that you buy another Viper and enjoy that one just as much.

Please keep us posted on what charges they finally do press against him and lets hope and pray that justice is served.

Regards,
Aaron

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure in the heck do not mean ANY respect to the thief, but looking at that steering wheel, that hit HAD to hurt a heck of a lot more than a broken hand (not to mentioned I'm guessing a serious smack of the head to the windshield because he was too stupid to but the harness on):

2439d1227557970-my-viper-stolen-100_0532.jpg

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no words to accuratelly say how sorry I am for you.:(

I wish you the best of luck, and we will send you prayers from Canada.

Robert

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those photos are burned in my memory. It's easy to tell how much you cared for and loved your car. I honestly don't know what I would do if that happened to me. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you.

Remember, what goes around, comes around. The culprit will get his just reward for his actions. You'll see...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been following this thread without posting mainly because I just can't express my own agony over YOUR loss! Good God, I don't know how you're managing it all. I SO feel for you!

I just wish you the quick passage of time so that you can move on to a new Viper AND see this less than human **** behind bars.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the moderator stepped in to put a stop to the threats, and that's a good thing...but in my opinion, TRUE JUSTICE will probably not happen here...the authorities are not going to show up and take fingerprints or even interview neighbors..it brings to mind of an excerpt from very important book:

Exodus 21:23-25 23 If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

This is sounding more and more like a travesty of justice. I understand that the owner lives in a very nice area of Texas and he is probably a man of higher moral values than myself, but I thought that Texans took care of each other...surely the Texas: Houston VCA chapter has some members more like myself!

At this point, the car is gone which is tragic indeed. Having the guy who was malicious enough to break in, steal it and wreck it get charged with possession of stolen property and perhaps plead it down to something else (because his story was "I didn't know it was stolen when my buddy gave me the keys") would be more tragic.

Isn't there an appeal that can be made to the autorities to come out to your garage, dust for prints on metal/glass surfaces (where they remain viable for a longer time) and potentially put this guy IN your garage.....so the charges reflect the crime?

No vigilante motives here, just pursuing the legal processes as they're meant to be. Can't that be done with enough whining and pleading to the police?

vip06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that is the worst double blow. The guy who did that is a sorry POS. Sorry for your lose almost to hard to look at. :(

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what to say, I just that I hope gets what he deserves and you get fairly compensated for such a beautful car and all your hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry about your loss. Thank you for posting your experience as I am now going to find a hiding place for my keys and pull the ECU fuse when parked.
So I guess your terrible experience...will be of some help to us.

I think that you should consider going to his house with a tape recorder and a witness ( off-duty leo plain-clothes) and politely asking about his injuries and if he is ok and back to work.
Tell him you're sorry he had a bad experience and if he needs any assistance.
Also ask him how he happened to lose control, and by the way, how did you happen to be driving this car? ...and how did you happen to come into posession of this vehicle ( perhaps stolen)?
I feel bad you got hurt driving a my powerful car and can I do anything to help? Let's be friends:rolleyes:

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since he was pinned in the car and needed the jaws of life to get him out, it's too bad they found him right away instead of say 3 months from now.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what to say, I just that I hope gets what he deserves and you get fairly compensated for such a beautful car and all your hard work.

This quote from Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction comes to mind for this situation.....

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' ******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."
Jim, as much as I am in mental pain right now you brought laughter to me and made my night with all this. I feel ya dawg and thanks again for your reply and thoughts. Mark.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys here is the latest update and it really *****. I hope these pics I just took uploaded from the salvage yard. I balled my eyes out and it really hurts. The car is totally crushed and to make things worse, the guy who stole it has an address just 5 miles from me and I just drove by the house. He has NOT been arrested yet as when he wrecked the car about 2 hours after he stole it, a report had not been made yet and the harris co. sherrif just let him off with a failure to keep in a lane and noted he was drinking but NO breath or drug check was taken. The case no. takes 5-7 days to register in the system I was told and THEN with my accident report I gave them, they will send all this to the D As office to make the arrest. What a lousey system we have here in Texas. It was noted he was taken to the hospital and was not wearing the harness and that there was no air bag as "the car had a racing type wheel". I have faxed the accident report and spoken on the phone with a detective but no one can do anything right now. Can you believe a cop would let a guy go that is NOT the registered owner in this situation?. I was also told he would only be arrested for possesing stolen property and not theft as they might not be able to prove he was the one who actually stole the car. This has ruined my whole life and thoughts about people. Hope the pics show up.
my heartfelt sympathy to you in this situation. hell i hope you don't get sued yet in this liberal puke country for removing the air bag. all i can say is keep your head up and stay strong so you can keep fighting and maybe this thief will get his just deserts.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before someone finds personal info about this guy and posts it up for the world to see...don't. It will be removed. Let's let the police and the courts do their job.

If it is posted it should not be removed. Information such as that are public records and the public is entitled to caution themselves against potential criminals. It is no different than dedicating ****** predator information on private websites.

Now if the courts did their job, that might be another story.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Pictures are posted of my wrecked/stolen viper.

Go post over in the Alley. Make sure you post the thief's name and address and any other info too so that other Viper owners as well as other law-abiding citizens can protect themselves accordingly and within the legal limits of the law.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is posted it should not be removed. Information such as that are public records and the public is entitled to caution themselves against potential criminals. It is no different than dedicating ****** predator information on private websites.

Now if the courts did their job, that might be another story.

If someone took that information from this site and went looking to exact some revenge, then the VCA is complicit, so it will be removed despite how public it may be other places.

Since the OP knows who this guy is and where he lives, and this happened to him, it's really his business how he chooses to proceed.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone took that information from this site and went looking to exact some revenge, then the VCA is complicit, so it will be removed despite how public it may be other places.

I don't see how the VCA could be any more complicit than a county website. Regardless, if that's the case then a link to the county public records will suffice.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi 91. It must have felt like a beloved pet died. I know this sounds a bit peculiar but did you say goodbye to the car when you visited it in the salvage yard? I understand it helps a little. But, what helps the most is the "new puppy". In this case, a new red ACR should be just the right medicine to ease the grieving process.

As for any kind of revenge against the person who wrecked the car, revenge is a fast acting drug but it wears off just as fast. And, after it does, one is generally left with the same pain and, sometimes, a criminal record.

Last edited:

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow...Terrible to see that.

I know how I felt when my 1996 Nissan 200SX SER was stolen (car right out of college)...I never saw it again...

I cannot imagine that happening to a car that I had that much time and effort into.

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the police have not dusted to prove that he was in your house than call the DA's office asking if a DA invetigator could come to your house and dust for proof that the dirt bag was the one that broke into your house and stole your viper.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that this site doesn't want to get involved, so go post his info on every other site on the Internet. Your situation really really *****. In the USA, even if cops do their job to a "T", the courts will let the slimeball go free. I'm surprised the criminals don't get an apology for putting them through the hassle of making them appear in court, even though they committed a felony. Living in Texas, I'm a little surprised on your situation though. I thought Texas was one of the few states that had their junk together when it comes to justice for victims.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Pictures are posted of my wrecked/stolen viper.

Go post over in the Alley. Make sure you post the thief's name and address and any other info too so that other Viper owners as well as other law-abiding citizens can protect themselves accordingly and within the legal limits of the law.

This is great advise :2tu::2tu:

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This brings back bad memories of when my house in Vegas was broken into and they stole all the furniture and appliances in my house...completely emptied the house....to the tune of 60K worth of furniture and appliances...now the kicker... I had just got the car from Woodhouse and had a garage full of parts that Mark had changed out, comp coupe oil pan, exhaust, flywheel, shocks, complete set of 5 spokes, they found the keys in the house got into the garage as I had the deadbolt reversed...took over 15K worth of brand new Viper parts....never even came close to catching these guys....My condolences for sure as it sure hurts....been there.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested to know from a legal stand point if there is any additional trumped up charges that you can pin on this guy??? There always seem to be plenty of legal BS charges that criminals can use against their victoms and captors. Can it go the other way around??? Can you sue him for the mental stress and anguish, time lost from work, charges incured from legal reprsentation and such???? Might be worth looking into. I know we must have a lawer in the group somewhere.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad you dont have a neighbor like Joe Horn : [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtKCC7z0yc[/media]

We need more people like Joe Horn in this country, and funny enough, he lives in Texas.

Hope you sue this low life into poverty.

Joe Horn needs to go to jail for taking the lives of two humans because they took some jewelry. That was a very disturbing video...He ran outside and shot two people in the BACK with a shotgun, and doesnt go to jail. There somthing very wrong with that.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe Horn needs to go to jail for taking the lives of two humans because they took some jewelry. That was a very disturbing video...He ran outside and shot two people in the BACK with a shotgun, and doesnt go to jail. There somthing very wrong with that.

The guy was in TX right? Where it's legal to shoot scumbags that violently rapes the sanctity of your home... and if they are bold enough to do that, how would the homeowner know if they don't have more evil things in mind? Should they wait and ask the rapists what they plan on doing? Why should they take that risk?

Ain't no one here complaining about in PA it's legal to ride horse drawn carriages 5 mph, slowing down traffic. :rolleyes:

God bless the 10th Amendment! :usa:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks like a nightmare...I feel sorry for you Viperbrother!

Chris1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If they weren't stealing stuff, they would still be alive. I bet that if there were young children in the house or an elderly couple, and they had the crowbar, things could have turned ugly real fast. It's simple, don't break the law, and you don't have to worry about being shot in the back..............