NEED FORGED PISTONS & RODS

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have decided to forge the engine, so now I'm on the hunt for forged pistons and rods, the only problem is trying to hunt this stuff down.
Does anyone have a clue where to get this stuff as I'm having no luck.
Also I would like to goose the boost on the paxton to what I believe should be safe @ 10#'s on 91 octane, the question is what pulley will achieve this? I know Paxton will not tell you, but some shops know which one to get from a different Paxton set-up that will give you an extra 2#'s or so.
Thanx

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All depends how crazy you want to go. If you want top shelf custom parts, give me a ring. If you want moderate parts, some of the other tuners stock the components.

ETA for custom parts is generally 8-12 weeks, but expedite is available generally for +20%, and they can have them to you in 3-4 weeks. All depends on the work load of the suppliers at the time the order is placed. I warn you, top shelf stuff is not cheap... but you get what you pay for.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have AB's lower pulley from his Custom Paxton setup , it will up the boost without any slip problem. The only thing is that you need to mod the water pump for clearance by cutting and slightly moving the neck where the hose mounts by rewelding it. He said it is an easy mod , but I never got around to installing it. You can use it and another upper pulley to get all kinds of boost. I will sell it for what I have in it. $200

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am thinking with the Paxton making 10#'s (if and when I find the pulley to do so) the normal forged rods and pistons will be more than enough for an 800rwhp motor.
The Tiffany $$$ rods and pistons would be great to brag about having, but otherwise a total waste of cash for a lower HP motor, although they would be great if I was looking to make over 1,000rwhp.
Unfortunately I would be surprised if I still own the car next year at this time, so this motor won't be built too crazy.
Maybe a new black 08 viper will be my next with well over 1,000HP, that's if the "backyard mechanic" is up for it, LOL! What do ya think Tim?

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have AB's lower pulley from his Custom Paxton setup , it will up the boost without any slip problem. The only thing is that you need to mod the water pump for clearance by cutting and slightly moving the neck where the hose mounts by rewelding it. He said it is an easy mod , but I never got around to installing it. You can use it and another upper pulley to get all kinds of boost. I will sell it for what I have in it. $200

I will keep that in mind. Do you know how much extra boost this lower pulley adds to the stock 8#'s?

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just call one of the piston manufacturers, JE, Ross, CP, Manley, etc. they will hook you up. Manley also makes the rods as do some other places. Doug Levin sells the pulleys you need.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for DLM on this one. He knows supercharging, the paxton, and the SRT better than ANYONE. he probably has the parts you need in stock as well!

JD

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Big Mike,

Dan at DC Performance can help too. DC has done more than 60 Paxton installs now.

I went with JE Pistons (search the web) and Oliver rods. Both very nice parts and expensive but not not crazy.

Kevin at Exotic Engines can help too.

The above guys are in So Cal, so they're relatively close to you.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960