need help 99rt10 won't start

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99rt10 will crank but won't start ... Car started, then stalled. Locks don't work, but everything else seems to work

Any advice?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like its something to do with the immobiliser. So if you close the car doors and press the lock button on the fob, what happens? Dose the car make any noise? Like a chirp?

Was the Battery in good condition before you started the car or did it crank over slowly? A poorly charged battery can cause all sorts of problems?

If the alarm has locked out, you may need to reset the key fobs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery is good
Tried the alarm thing .... btw, its not a real secret how to do it
SRT engineers contacted the owner last night .... hopefully their trick will work

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So apparently whatever the engineers told him worked. Something about loose wires and the PCM maybe. They said it is a common problem, I'll try to get more info on the fix. I didn't think of it till after I posted that he uses that handle.

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly Tom, I don't know where we were other than a burger king. We left after the tow truck driver and apparently he received the call just after he dropped the keys off in the overnight drop box. The report from this morning was he went over first thing and tried what he was told and it worked. If it was your idea, many thanks :) it saved a lot of time and effort as I'm sure there wasn't a Viper Tech anywhere in the area.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did speak to Rob. No secret on this one. If your fobs and doors stop working and the car is in theft mode. You can try unplugging the EEM under the dash. Wait a few minutes and plug it back in. Glad it did work for him. He felt like it would have been a long and expensive wait had we not talked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave