Need help, question on body code

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question about my 96 gts, i ordered a set of plug wires from my local dodge dealer and went to put them on and about half of the wires are too short, keep in mind that they are numbered and there is no way of mixing them up, so i call the dealer back and ask if there is another part number and there is for a 92-95 model cars so i thought since mine is a very early 96 maybe i have the early wires, but they came in and the only differece was the boots, still half of the wires were too short. So the parts guy takes my vin # and calls chrysler and they inform him that i have a body code 29 and you half to order these wires seperatly and on top of that instead of $68 this set is $200.

My question is what is different on a body code 29 and would anyone know how many cars are like this and why? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Are aftermarket wires cut to fit or pre-made, because if they are pre-made then they are not going to fit my car.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 = GTS
27 = RT/10

There are ONLY two wire sets for GENI & GENII! DC is not packing the wire sets correctly!! Every third set of wires I get in ARE WRONG!!!! I've been fighting with them for YEARS about it! They just don't care! :mad:

Tell your Dealer to keep ordering them until DC gets it right!

GENI Wires #4638758 MSRP $108.00
GENII Wires #4883365AA MSRP $84.65

I have the right ones in stock.