Need wheel ideas

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at different wheels for the Gen4 Vert...one of the ones that I do like are a thin 5-spoke in solid black, no silver or chrome. Which wheels would you all suggest, aside from anything coming from 360 or anyone related to them? Those guys are not an option for me after all the horror stories I've read about them.

I looked at HRE and Forgeline - and Forgeline has something of interest, but could not find anything I liked at HRE...who else should I be looking at? I only want solid black...with a deep rear dish in a 20" rear and 19" front.

Assuming I do find something, who makes those tire sizes?

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
You might also look into CCW wheels. A lot of Viper owner have gotten CCWs and I've yet to find a negative post on them. I also live about ten minutes away from the place in Daytona Beach, so PM me if I can assist you.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All forged wheel companies can make the all-black wheel for you. Typically the black center is a standard option, but the black lip is an upgrade. Just pick a design you like, and order it in all-black.

Tony

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See if you can check out black chrome as a finish, I saw a set on a car (not a viper) and it was different & cool. I just got a set of the 2009 SRT 6 spokes and was wondering how'd they look in black chrome, I think awesome.

But yea, CCW, True Forged, Forgeline, I've seen really nice wheels from all those. There's a thread in the products/group buy section with some sick pics of various wheels on Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars by iForged.

Here's the link:
http://forums.viperclub.org/special-group-buys/623540-2009-iforged-groupbuy.html

What color is your car?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone is selling HRE 545r with the star painted black. Take a look in the classifieds.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admitting I am biased towards one-piece wheels and really do not like the ****/huge lip three piece wheel style, the most beautiful wheel out there with a Viper fitmet is the HRE Monoblock P40 and it is available in shiney or matte black. Only compromise is that the rears would be 12" instead of 13".

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
These are for sale in the classifieds, Not a deep lip but awesome none the less.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I've more or less decided on the Forgelines ZX3P's with the very Viper Orange lip, but in an all black finish - which is about 3.5-4" deep in a 19 and 20"...and I've also asked that they do only the outer edge of the lip in VVO, rather than the whole lip down to the screws.

[media]http://www.forgeline.com/product_images/product_photo-xlarge_image-20.jpg[/media]

I found a vendor on the web here who's asking less than list including shipping and quoted 2-3 weeks delivery out of Florida. He indicated that Forgeline recommends him and told me to call them for references.

WheelsPerformance.com

He seems to be quite reasonable and like some others, is offering a PZERO package as well...which I think will work well for me. Like most others, he is asking for 50% on order and the balance on shipping - via credit card.

Anyone had any experience with this vendor?

Last edited:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks, not sure I could have the orange lip

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are for sale in the classifieds, Not a deep lip but awesome none the less.

I just got a set of those 09' 6 spoke in polished finished and love em. They sure pop and sparkle, don't much care for the black finish...

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will post pics as soon as they're done, but lowering isn't an option for me today. I live in Quebec where the roads are so bad the bumps can break your car - and your back...it's f-kin' disgusting. I haven't lowered my Z06 or any of my sportbikes for that same reason...

My Z rubs the ground at least once every ride on stock height and wheels. I lowered my AWH Hemi 300C a few years back and took out my oil pan within a few months...LOL, so that was the end of my lowering days. I know with the 19/20", due to the lower profile tires, I'm going to sit lower, but will have more clearance in the top of the wheel wells, so I'm going to have to live with it, for now anyway. One thing's for sure, it will look a hell of a lot better than the stock wheels IMO...

If the car were black, the stockers might not have looked as bad to me...but it's not.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I've more or less decided on the Forgelines ZX3P's with the very Viper Orange lip, but in an all black finish - which is about 3.5-4" deep in a 19 and 20"...and I've also asked that they do only the outer edge of the lip in VVO, rather than the whole lip down to the screws.

[media]http://www.forgeline.com/product_images/product_photo-xlarge_image-20.jpg[/media]

I found a vendor on the web here who's asking less than list including shipping and quoted 2-3 weeks delivery out of Florida. He indicated that Forgeline recommends him and told me to call them for references.

WheelsPerformance.com

He seems to be quite reasonable and like some others, is offering a PZERO package as well...which I think will work well for me. Like most others, he is asking for 50% on order and the balance on shipping - via credit card.

Anyone had any experience with this vendor?

Ummmm, Ya gotta really love orange or really have a different taste on wheels if you're liking them pumpkin colored puppies. :eyecrazy::+:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admitting I am biased towards one-piece wheels and really do not like the ****/huge lip three piece wheel style, the most beautiful wheel out there with a Viper fitmet is the HRE Monoblock P40 and it is available in shiney or matte black. Only compromise is that the rears would be 12" instead of 13".

The HRE wheels are available in any color you want. Also the rear is a 12.5 not a 12. And there is nothing wrong with that, infact a 12.5 is what is suggested by any tire company with a 345 rear tire. PM me if anyone needs a quote on HRE's.

deadman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you lower the car 12s are going to rub because the tire will get more vertical sidewalls... been there, done that, not again.

Reaction score
Not for everyone but I'm having some 18X12 fronts! and 18X13 rears built to run 335's in the front and 345's for the rear. The offsets should keep the tires under the lip if all goes well.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, even though everyone runs the 13s in the rear, the 12.5s fit the 345 tires best.

Agreed. I hate the way the 13" wheel stretches the sidewall on a 345 tire. The 12.5" wide wheels look much better in that regard. Even the factory Viper wheels/tires look stretched, and the lip of the wheel sticks out past the sidewall of the tire.