Needs some backup from Gen 1 owners

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys just looked at the Vette forum, and they have a thread going about what cars are faster than a z06. One of them is claiming his 04 z06 "Will wipe the floor with a gen 1 Viper", and beat it by 2 seconds to 100mph. Oh and did I say it was bone stock. :rolleyes:

Usually I try to ignore these sort of post, but I just cant pass this one up.

The BS does not really start flying untill the bottom of the page.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=809879&page=1

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....first time I saw someone go from a Viper to a Vette, so they do exist. :eek: :eek:

Wonder if this was because his walker fit better in it? ;) ;)

Should be a funny thread to watch

B

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Why waste your time on the vette forum? Nice dime a dozen car - but certainly NOT a Viper!

Russ M. did a great job comparing the numbers. Funny how they want to compare a 2002 car with a 10 year old Gen 1.

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a track-day there was a Z06 behind me in the pit-lane. We both went on the track, he was right behind me, after a couple of turns I didn't see him anymore in my mirror....

I've got tubes, filters and HF cats. Stoptech brakes.
His car had Movit brakes, don't know what was under his hood.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I am not likely to run into something stock that can whupp on me - a Viper for instance. I would likely lose, but I am not likely to see one. The 03 Cobras are very fast cars - and it appears that they are more than a match for a Z06. I assume I will have more opportunity to run into an SVT than a Viper in my area. Lambos or Ferraris or anything truly exotic are just not seen here in the cornfield. "

Atleast hes honest he will most likely lose to a viper tho

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Of the Vipers, only the SRT-10 has better numbers (which leads me to think the numbers on their other models must be wrong)."

umm last time i looked any viper had more hp and tq then a z06.

What an idiot

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Russ you know who said that??

nat who is a member of this site that bought a z06 and traded in the 95 R/T, she made a post saying goodbye a few weeks ago thats who said that about the gen 1.

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, was going to say something but decided to let it be. Sounds like he is just trying to justify why he went backwards in his life.

Reaction score
i took on an 03 cobra a couple months back. very quick! we were neck and neck up to fourth, then i pulled past and got about 2 car lengths ahead before shutting them down in 5th gear at about 100....

Hmmmm, shut them down in 5th at about 100? I think Bonkers and I were "somewhere North" of that number shifting into 5th to coast several miles! LOL!!!! (closed section of the NJ Turnpike, OF COURSE!!). :)

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why bother! Corvettes are a dime a dozen, hundreds of thousands made a year, and don't have nearly the the looks or the attention grabbing status that the Viper has. I also think it is funny how they are comparing a 10 year gen1 viper to a new corvette. I took on a 2003 2 weeks ago. It was close, I will admit it, but from 2nd gear on I pulled away and never looked back. Kind of funny too because at the next light, he didn't pull beside me, he stayed back just enough so as not to make eye contact. What a joke!

BOMBOVIPER93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think NAT96RT10's mental breakdown is now complete!

:rolleyes:

He now even has multiple personality disorder and goes by other names like NAT04Z06. :laugh:

We should of had him commited when he was first spotted on the Chevy dealership grounds. Now I feel guilty, we let another one slipped through the cracks of mediocrity!!!

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Nat wanted something that was more of a daily driver than his Gen I, he should have just spent $8000 on a Ford Focus and kept the Gen I.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I gotta say is my neighbor has a vette and everytime he drives by my house (which is bigger and nicer than his), he looks into my garage and stare. Oh...did I also tell you that he is about in his 40s and I am only 27 years old. He must be kicking himself right about now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960