New 08 from Ringgold

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the third viper I have received from Mike at Ringgold and everything went smoothly and I am one happy owner.

First impressions:

Positive- I have had the car since last Saturday and have 250 miles on it. I am not a big believer in the 500 mile break in, more like 200 mile break in. I went out and ran her pretty hard the other day and the power seems to be good. The power band is in a different rpm range but it feels pretty good. It didnt feel that way initially but after the few hundred mile break in it feels pretty good especially above 4k rpms. The ride is very good and the transmission is awesome! However, I would love to get rid of the skip shift. That gets really annoying!
I also love the taller gears. This allows you to run through the traps in third gear and get to 60 in 1st. I also like the drive by wire so far. The response is great. I love the new tires and the traction that goes with it.

I ran a Gtech, bear in mind I live at 4500 ft elevation, and the car is very fast. 11.8 @128.5mph twice. The fastest my 650r hms ran here was a 12.00 @120mph. I took the 650r down to sea level with the same setup and ran a 11.2@126mph. This car My 650r dynoed at 525rwhp. It should be a low low 11 second or high 10 in the low 130's at sea level. I will probably go to Las vegas but they aren't sea level but its half way there.

NEG's-Very poor to no visiblity out the rear view mirror. I can't think of anything else.

Pics of unloading and the HMS 650r going to 1tony1 for some upgrades and repairs.

Attachments

• 08 unloading snalll.jpg
    08 unloading snalll.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 685
  • hms650r.jpg
    hms650r.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 688

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car, glad to see you driving it, beautiful state you live in there

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice~! Nice to have our cars out in the snow, ain't it??? LOL...hope you get to drive it soon.
GREAT choice on 1tony1, as you already know! Hey, PM your VIN# to kcobean or lee00blacksilvergts to get UPGRADED to VIPER OWNER! Congratulations! We had a bit of idle/stall problem twice when we first got our '08, worked itself out and last run (November) was FINE! ENJOY! ~juli

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the third viper I have received from Mike at Ringgold and everything went smoothly and I am one happy owner.

First impressions:

NEG's-Very poor to no visibility out the rear view mirror. I can't think of anything else.

Congrats on a beautiful Viper! The mirror has a couple of "swivel points", for lack of a better word...Take another look and you may find you can adjust for better visibility.:2tu:

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on a beautiful Viper! The mirror has a couple of "swivel points", for lack of a better word...Take another look and you may find you can adjust for better visibility.:2tu:

Thanks smog I will check it out.

Mike & Julie- I actually own 3 vipers right now but I am not overly concerned about a title but thanks for suggesting. I have been on here for about 10 years and have always had a viper but when they changed the website a few years ago they lost all my info and I haven't bothered updating it.

I am going to put strips on it but I don't know if I want silver again or red, any suggestions.

Thanks

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike & Julie- I actually own 3 vipers right now but I am not overly concerned about a title but thanks for suggesting. I have been on here for about 10 years and have always had a viper but when they changed the website a few years ago they lost all my info and I haven't bothered updating it.
I am going to put strips on it but I don't know if I want silver again or red, any suggestions.
Thanks
Ah, gotcha! Easy enough to upgrade once you want to! RED Stripes! THAT would make yours very unique! ENJOY! ~juli

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks

Your new viper looks great, but I like the look of your 650's aero better.

For stripes, why don't you consider the dark grey, saw one last week and it looked nice and unique. (Sitting in the vegas arport heading your way to Alta). Good luck!

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Utahviper, I also have purchased (09 SSG Coupe), from Ringgold Dodge! They are Very Nice and easy to work with!
I love pictures of Vipers in the Snow! Thanks for Posting!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice, congrats!

[media]http://forums.viperclub.org/attachments/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/2825d1232117323-new-08-ringgold-08-unloading-snalll.jpg[/media]

[media]http://forums.viperclub.org/attachments/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/2826d1232117348-new-08-ringgold-aj-08.jpg[/media]

[media]http://forums.viperclub.org/attachments/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/2827d1232117360-new-08-ringgold-hms650r.jpg[/media]

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie for making thumb nails.

Jeff congrats on the new viper! i love the green!

Dark grey stripes might be worth looking into. I love the look of the silver stripes but I dont know if I want another one. Also, I have the two tone grey interior so I dont know how red would blend with that.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually saw your car in Houston TX. My friend took delivery of his Black/Silver Coupe that shared a trailer with yours. Good looking car, congrats!

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First impressions:

Positive- I have had the car since last Saturday and have 250 miles on it. I am not a big believer in the 500 mile break in, more like 200 mile break in. I went out and ran her pretty hard the other day and the power seems to be good. The power band is in a different rpm range but it feels pretty good. It didnt feel that way initially but after the few hundred mile break in it feels pretty good especially above 4k rpms. The ride is very good and the transmission is awesome! However, I would love to get rid of the skip shift. That gets really annoying!
I also love the taller gears. This allows you to run through the traps in third gear and get to 60 in 1st. I also like the drive by wire so far. The response is great. I love the new tires and the traction that goes with it.

I ran a Gtech, bear in mind I live at 4500 ft elevation, and the car is very fast. 11.8 @128.5mph twice. The fastest my 650r hms ran here was a 12.00 @120mph. I took the 650r down to sea level with the same setup and ran a 11.2@126mph. This car My 650r dynoed at 525rwhp. It should be a low low 11 second or high 10 in the low 130's at sea level. I will probably go to Las vegas but they aren't sea level but its half way there.

NEG's-Very poor to no visiblity out the rear view mirror. I can't think of anything else.

Pics of unloading and the HMS 650r going to 1tony1 for some upgrades and repairs.

Haven't I seen this car for sale locally with something like 130 miles on it?

RD

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love black vipers and five spokes. If you add stripes consider graphite which, IMHO, is a subtle and classy look.
Did you change wheels and add the aero spoiler or do my eyes deceive me? Looks like six spokes in the last photo?

waltershu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks

get the red!

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am now considering blue stripes with matching blue calipers.

My vipers are not for sale but for the right price you can have any one of them and the bottom picture is actuallly my 650R Gen2.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can call mike and make the deal on the phone. He will then have all the paper work ready so all you have to do is sign and your outta there.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You purchased a car in a dealership in 20 minutes?! :omg: Impossilble! I bought a lot of new cars from dealerships - generally 2-4 hrs.

I had my viper on the trailer in less than 30 minutes as well. Mike takes care of everything.

J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21