New ACR in S TX - Almost

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figure I'd introduce myself. I'm Eddie, I live in San Antonio and Bill P. sent me the familiar to many of you e-mail informing me "Da Beast has left da building!!!". I snagged the Graphite `09 ACR from Bill and am reeling it on it's way here, now - I'll be hard pressed to sleep until it arrives - excitement! I'm feverishly finishing up the garage so that the ACR receives a proper homecoming. I'll be at the bank in the morning getting the bittersweet cashiers check to exchange for the ACR - as a child would exchange a ticket for a carnival ride.

Ironic this forum is sponsored by Woodhouse. I've been the import-biased mag reading Viper enthusiast - attempting to read for content on the Viper vs the constant "Viper interior stinks" negativity pushing the performance superior vehicle to the back of the pack because the Vette & GTR have the "no driving skills required" computers to keep the cars' rubber side down.

I've been closely monitoring the Chrysler decline. After all my entire fleet is Chrysler. I really did not want to buy an ACR until later this year but with the present situation I RAN to my local dealer who outside and very quietly handed me Bill's number and said "he has the only Graphite one in the country & I can't get you one". I called Bill, got the "poop", muted Bill for a minute (had to get the Boss' permission) and out came the credit card.

I didn't expect the ACR until next week with Bill's driver/schedules locked up this week. Until...Bill called me a gave the the bad news at lunch - "floor mats and sill guards will have to be mailed - the ACR is leaving NE today". I have a insainly busy day tomorrow with client meetings/events in the evening. I may have to skip out for an extended ***** break to accept the ACR, sacrifices, sacrifices.:hmmm:

I can't wait. This winter has been real tough down here. I only got to wear my jacket a few times this year. It's upper 60's and clear. Looks like those new tire t!tt!es will have short lives!:drive:

If you can't already tell, I'm a tad excited. Pictures to come but not before I get to look at all of her private parts first - after all I've only seen the 2 photos on Woodhouse's website. I might be sleeping in the garage tomorrow night!:headbang:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Coincidence, I was just looking at their web site and I was going to send pics to a friend who is a graphite freak. That is a beautiful car and I bet it it just might be one of one. Congratulations, big time.
Wait a couple weeks and then call 800 998 1110 to get your VCA Number, your first year of membership is free, then pm me so we can get your VCA membership here.

graphite_acr_11.jpg

graphite_acr1.jpg

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. I understand what it is like to wait for the pride and joy to arrive. I still remember my day and I bet a lot of members on here still do as well. Good luck and post pictures upon arrival.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee - thanks! I was wondering how the VCA membership worked. There seems to be some STX get togethers happening and I want to get involved. Thx for posting the pics!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow great Viper, Great story. I am sure you will love driving the fastest production car EVER.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I snagged the Graphite `09 ACR from Bill and am reeling it on it's way here, now - I'll be hard pressed to sleep until it arrives - excitement! ....I might be sleeping in the garage tomorrow night!:headbang:

congrats on your new viper

you may be in the garage tomorrow, bet you won't be sleeping much :eater:....just try sleeping with that huge viper in my garage grin :D

peace :tx:

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey zilla,
you need to come on some of ryan fox's drives in austin. I'm in san antonio but the locals are not as active here as the austin guys!
email me at [email protected] for further info if you are interested!
also if you want we should do a little get-together with some other SA viper guys if y'all are interested soon! BTW i just got a new challenger, thinking of a acr as well!
-Marc

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinks guys! The cashier's check is really burning a hole in my pocket now!

I'll definitly be touching base with you local STX guys - I'm on the fringe of Bexar on the austin side so it's about 60/40 to downtown SA or DT Austin. Check you e-mail boxes - I've 495 miles of intense self restraint ahead of me.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! LOVE the graphite...good choice! NICE write-up, that was enjoyable reading your story. NICE pics from Lee as well.
I laughed when I read "This winter has been real tough down here. I only got to wear my jacket a few times this year. It's upper 60's and clear" We've had the Viper under covers and trickle-charging for going on 3 months now...15 degrees today...60's would be downright HOT way up here in the NorthEast~! :)
ENJOY!!! ~juli

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice...........no buyers remourse??? I have that everytime i buy something that i have to wait for!!
I don't care if its 1000.00 or 100000.00 if i don't have it in my hand right then i start second guessing my purchase. Now If i can hand over a check and drive away the same day I'm as happy as can be,,,,no remourse.
Have a great night sleeping in the garage....

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, I could just FEEL the excitement jumping out through your words!

You are one lucky person, can't wait to see pics of your new Viper in it's new home!

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
San Antonio crew let me know when you have the get together. I'm in SA too and just bought my first snake in Dec and love her. I'll need to hook you up at Harris Hill Road San Marcos if you have'nt already been there. Congrats on a sweet ride! Let me know of the meets. [email protected].

Tom

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got swampped this afternoon when I received a call from the delivery driver stating he was in Wichita, KS around noon and the car would be here at noon tomorrow (Friday). I just got back from my customer/cliet outings - SA Rodeo - and ran to the PC. Ok, I'm ate up with it all ;) I'm up for any SA/STX get together ([email protected]).

I want to thank Ryan Fox for calling me this afternoon and personally inviting me to a truely historic event on Sunday - I hope it's not wet outside - that will be over 100 miles on the clock & a rare chance to meet "father" Viper.

The whole Viper evolution for me is off the an excellent start. My fingers are crossed for Chrysler and their ability to retain the Viper (not sell out). I've read hundreds of posts and have yet to find a flame fest. Like the Viper, this group, the VCA, is truely in a class of it's own (above the others IMO).

Have not been to Harris Hill Rd - I'll try anything twice ;)

11 hours and counting!!!

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to synch up with GotOne and join the rest in San Antonio coming into Austin for some fun - including the first weekend of April Viper Round Up! Welcome and cannot wait to see your new toy!

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tick Tock....where are the pics!!

Ha Ha...congrats on one sweet car!!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK -- That's two more VCA folks here in San Antonio!

Who wants to cruise up to Austin for the February 28th run in the hills? PM or e-mail me if you want to caravan up -- [email protected]

We can also caravan up to the Texas Viper Round-Up the first weekend in April. Texas Viper • Portal has details.

Maybe we'll get a San Antonio Viper community built yet! Then we can get the Austin folks down for a run through the three twisted sisters (RRs 335, 336, and 337). Maybe a little show and shine for the Viper folks in SA too! :2tu::drive::2tu:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well did it show up, wheres the pics. I think I may have seen that in person though.

Bruce

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its finally here!!!

It threw a code at 59 miles (ECT) flashing ")lightening bolt(" and went inth "limp home" mode. I took it to the Dealer I use for the other Mopars and they didn't even know what an ACR was. I called Mark @ Woodhouse who promptly asked me "have you been driving it around under 1500 rpm"....uh, well, yes??? Mark said "that's your problem", drive the thing! It popped out of limp mode after a cool down and my check engine light just went off this morning. I'm almost at 100 miles, and climbing.

Here are a few pics.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me try the pics again - also see if you can spot my truely one of a kind interrior!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'm trying - I don't have enough space (until my membership is "real") to post all of the pics - still trying.

The one of a kind interior joke is that I have a red driver seat and a black passenger seat. Bill & Mark are working on that. I really like the red seats but Bill says Dodge will only allow me to have Black seats :(

As for the stripes - I originally wanted the Graphite, Black center W/red ACR stripe like a couple other members here. I have really come to like the "stealth" of this solid color. And as you all know - stealth is not a bad thing ;)

Last edited:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know if you want to cruise the ACR up to Austin with me tomorrow for the "Father Viper" meet. Bring $$$ so you can join VCA (and get access to more of this website).

I'm planning on departing SA a little before 2:00pm tomorrow to get there about 3:00ish.

I don't drive too slow, so we won't get your check engine light! :):):)