New England and Make A Wish / Exotic Car Show 2004

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updates-

I may have another sponsor. Got a call from an upstart driving school, looking to set a table at the show.

I heard the first public service announcement on WZLX Boston Radio today for the Northeast Exotic Car Show.

The NSX Club has 25 reservations and will be donating $600.00 to Make A Wish.

Handed out my last few posters today. Just left the local Dodge Dealership, I set off half the car alarms in the parking lot when I started the car to leave. :D

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things have sure changed in this world. Girls today don't want to commit to one guy! (try 5) When I was a kid you had to almost promise marriage to get anywhere. :D I've never had the priviledge to have female friends since I got married at 22. :( They were always friends of my wife and they were married also. I've always traveled with the guys!! Make a wish is a great cause! I'm in for any donations! Lets take a kid on a Viper cruise!!!

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in

So is it ******* or Japanese food on fri night?

Will anyone be leaving boston on Sat morning? or will ya all be up there already?

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUSHI---------Friday Night i'm told!! ********** after! :headbang: ******* Sat Night? We need a group photo for Viperclub site!!!

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'd like to take all attendees travelling for our Exotic Car Show out to dinner Friday night at an excellent local restaurant called Mikata Japanese Steakhouse. Once Jeff Torrey gets a headcount, I'll make reservations.

Mikata is similar to other tepanyaki (sp?) hibachi-style Japanese steakhouses. Everyone sits around a big rectangular cooking surface while our chef does his knife flipping and puts on a show. The food is standard fare: steak, chicken, shrimp, scallops, and my favorite - lobster. They also have an award-winning sushi bar.

The food tab is on me as appreciation for you guys helping us making our first-ever Exotic Car Show a huge success!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi jeff, got your email. there should be about 10 of us for sure. i know there are only 4 that posted that are going but some guys dont like to post here as they like to use email. so ya 10 easy for dinner and the other thing. cu this weekend

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updates for Saturday;

Registration 8-10am(we will keep it open until 11:30, but would like to get the cars parked before we have to worry about the public)/Show n' Shine 10-12/Judging 12-1pm/Awards and Presentation to Make A Wish 1-2pm
------------------------------------------------------------
Directions from all points south-

Get to the intersection of Route 495 and Rte 3 in Lowell, MA
Take Rte 3 North to NH
In NH Rte 3 becomes the Everett Turnpike ...take exit 10 off of the Everett Turnpike and pay toll (75 cents).
Up ramp at stop turn right.
Go about 100 yards to light and turn left onto Industrial Drive.
The Brewery is down the hill on your right. We will post signs off the Turnpike.
------------------------------------------------------------

Directions from the North

Rte 93 South to Rte 293 South to Rte 3/Everett Turnpike South

Exit 10 off the Everett Turnpike end of Ramp turn left.
Second light left onto Industrial Drive
Brewery on your Right

Saturday's weather looks good, see you there.

RichH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Great job!!!!

I will have the NSX's there by 8:45. We will leave the Marriott around 8:25.

As of today there might be 27 NSX's.

Look forward to the seeing you guys this weekend.

Rich

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich- I met Rob from Newburyport on Saturday and we drove down to the Bull Run together. Great guy to talk to and hang with. His silver car was in fine form too.
I had pretty high expectations for my day in Lambo Land, I didn't factor in the Pink Polo sweater and high roller Gallardo boys. But there were some great people there too.

The Viper owners know how to throw a party (you'll see , look forward to seeing you on Saturday. :cool:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff,
Is there a time or meeting spot set for us in the morning or do we just show up?

Hey Jeff,
should I come without a shirt?

FLX

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill- I was thinking about the T-Shirt just today. I have been carrying them the last few weeks hoping I'd see you.

I'll bring them on Saturday.

Nice Car, 96...was that the first year for the GTS?...Dave has some shirts too. Stripes through the back plate huh, sweet. We could use some help if you want to sell some shirts for the club...Stock exhaust? Should be nice weather on saturday. No caravan for the show, I'll be there at 7am. What kind of tires MXX3 or Pilot Sports?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are closing in on friday and want to give the guys heads up.

Friday we will be meeting at 1:30PM at that rest area off the cross island parkway. its between the LIE and Throngs Neck bridge. NJ guys i'll meet you in queens by midtown tunnel at 1pm. we will then meet up with LI crew and head over the White Stone Bridge and meet Chuck T, Andrew, Greg and Jon off the ramp on 684 exit 5 which is Katona(Chuck Tators EXIT) at 2:30. Then we will caravan and follow the wizard up to NH. He knows "SHORT CUTS" so it should be a quick and easy ride. Please bring your soft tops and fold up windows (JON) just incase we get stuck in rain. C U Guys. My Cell is 917 923 0625

CT Prowler why dont u just meet us at chuck T's exit at 2:30 and drive up with us. chuck mentioned a quick way up there avoiding all that traffic or most of it. if you decide meet on 684 exit 5. im sure u know how to get to chucks. :headbang: :usa:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll meet Chuck at his garage and drive up with you guys!

hi CT

if you gonna meet chuck you might want to meet him much earlier at his garage. he is gonna meet us at 2:30 of 684 exit 5 (katona) with the rest of the guys. this way they are off the exit and no wasting time. we just do a pick up of the rst of the cars and drive onto freeway again.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill- I was thinking about the T-Shirt just today. I have been carrying them the last few weeks hoping I'd see you.

I'll bring them on Saturday.

Nice Car, 96...was that the first year for the GTS?...Dave has some shirts too. Stripes through the back plate huh, sweet. We could use some help if you want to sell some shirts for the club...Stock exhaust? Should be nice weather on saturday. No caravan for the show, I'll be there at 7am. What kind of tires MXX3 or Pilot Sports?

Jeff,

Sure, I can help, let me know what I can do.
What, No Caravan! No one to follow I might get lost, How about if I got there around 8:00? or what is the best time to get there for the parking of the Snakes?

FLX109

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill- From Townsend hop on Rte 13 to Brookline. NH- Turn onto Rte 130 through Hollis, NH. Get on Rte 3/Everett Turnpike North to exit 10. Up ramp turn right onto Industrial Drive. Then Left onto Rte 3 North, Brewery is on your right.

I have to be there earlier than 8:00. A would like all the cars to be there and parked by 10:00am. Thats when the public will start to show and cause a traffic jam.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are directions if anyone gets lost on the way up from NYC..

684 North to 84 East to 90 East [Mass Pike] one exit to 290 North to 495 North to 3 North, when you cross into NH it changes name [still 3] to Everett Turnpike [toll road], get off exit 8, at the traffic light, take a left on to Somerget Pkwy to South Wood Drive, take a left onto South Wood Drive and the Marriott is on the right.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave ----What time are our reservations for dinner? I have a fellow POA (Prowler Owners of America)who wants to stop by the restaraunt to introduce himself. He lives up in Nashua. He is coming to the show with his prowler on saturday but doesn't have a sitter fri nite. let me know Thanks :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456