new hood

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that feeling when you first got your car and you would go out and sit in the garage and just look at it? Well, I got that feeling again yesterday when I got my new Gen 4 hood installed. It's almost like getting a new car. lol. Really looks sharp with the copperhead color.

One question on the air intake duct. It's quite a bit larger than the Gen 3. I guess there will be problems with cleaning the dead bugs out of it. Any sugestions?

Now I have a perfectly good Gen3 Copperhead hood sitting around in my garage. Guess i may try to hang it on the wall......... unless somebody wants to shoot me an offer.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Post pics please... I plan to get a Gen IV hood for mine as well.

And I definitely plan to use my old hood for wall art!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may as well hang that Gen 3 hood on the wall. Cause nobody wants to buy a gen 3 hood heck Ive already given away two Gen 3 hoods and I just bought another 06 so will probably be giving away a third Gen3 hood soon.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still have my Gen 3 hood in my gameroom and have no plans to get rid of it. If I decide to trade the car in for some reason, I'll simply re-install the Gen 3 hood. I figure I'd be better off selling the the complete Gen 4 hood than getting "pennies" from selling the Gen 3.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll get some pix after work.

You may as well hang that Gen 3 hood on the wall. Cause nobody wants to buy a gen 3 hood
Yep, that's what I was thinking.

I still have my Gen 3 hood in my gameroom and have no plans to get rid of it. If I decide to trade the car in for some reason, I'll simply re-install the Gen 3 hood. I figure I'd be better off selling the the complete Gen 4 hood than getting "pennies" from selling the Gen 3.
That's a good idea. Doubt I'll ever sell her though, but you never know.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sly, did you go OEM or Vipair? I've been thinking about a Gen IV hood recently too. How does the Gen IV hood mate up to the Gen III airbox?

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went OEM. I liked the more subtle look. The hood fits great. The Gen 4 air box is smaller but the scoop still feeds the air to the same spot as the Gen 3. No adjustments needed. I was advised by others on this board to just leave the foam rubber weather seal off as it didn't make a difference, so that's what I did. Here's some quick pix I took tonight. You can compare the old hood right there in my avatar. (click on the pix for a bigger view)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My stock hood became wall art. Those factory Viper hoods are HEAVY, be sure to use the wall studs for hanging it.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you actually hang it? Front up or down? What did you use to fasten it with?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sly, did you go OEM or Vipair? I've been thinking about a Gen IV hood recently too. How does the Gen IV hood mate up to the Gen III airbox?

It does not mate up with the Gen 3 airbox however, no modifcations are required to either for installation. The only downside is 100% of the intake airflow is not directed through the hood duct.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks great, thanks for the pics! Does the Vipair hood look different from OEM?

My stock hood became wall art. Those factory Viper hoods are HEAVY, be sure to use the wall studs for hanging it.

Can you also post pics of your hood on the wall?

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the Vipair hood look different from OEM?
It's pretty close. The raised center is a bit taller. That made it too pronounced for my taste. Some people think it looks more agressive. It is less expensive.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really nice.

Ssjcreeper.

What power did you get with the comp cam and greg good heads?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950