New SRT convert owner

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,
New guy here. Just picked up an 03 Srt10 convert triple black, and havent even drove it yet (Canada is the land of ice and snow as you all know) Man its gonna be a long winter. Anyway, I spend countless hours either sitting in it dreaming or reading posts within this forum. Anyone from the Calgary area? Would love to cruise this summer with you. Stay safe everyone.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome 2,

There's a Western Canada Region of the VCA. If you join the club, you'll have forum access to their region area.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car.:headbang:
Since it takes the street cleaners in Calgary till June to get the rocks off the road, you have a long wait!
Don't forget to join the club, there are some great events around Kelowna each year.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh!!! This is the best time to buy them because of price and the WORST time if you live in the northern climates and can't drive it.

I took delivery of mine in November so drove it that first year for a couple of weeks before I had to put it away. That was the longest winter of my life!!

Congratulations. :)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to viper ownership!!!!!!:needpics: When I bought my ACR it arrived in november. It had been snowing and my driveway was covered with ice. WHile I was at work my wife was nice enough to go outside and chip off the ice on the drive so I would be able to get the car into the garage.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for making me welcome! The complete story is my wife was in mid purchase of the car for a xmas present when the owner called me, (huge mistake) to ask a couple of questions prior to the completion of the transaction. Good and bad I guess. The surprise was ruined however I was as excited as a kid in a candy store for the first time! Nothing beats a good woman, (one who buys you a viper that is..lol)
Im just about to start detailing the car...few scratches on the hood and stone chips I have to work on. Purchased new brembo brake discs and pads for her. (Stopping quick is just as important as going quick) The interior has that generic peeling on the console I have to address. Ordered some sill plates, brushed aluminum and the service manual for the car from the viper store. Im the type that has to know how it all comes apart...puting it back together is another question..lol Ill post some pics soon and research the Western VCA Region. Like your comment Texas1, I concure. Again thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for making me welcome! The complete story is my wife was in mid purchase of the car for a xmas present when the owner called me, (huge mistake) to ask a couple of questions prior to the completion of the transaction. Good and bad I guess. The surprise was ruined however I was as excited as a kid in a candy store for the first time! Nothing beats a good woman, (one who buys you a viper that is..lol)
Im just about to start detailing the car...few scratches on the hood and stone chips I have to work on. Purchased new brembo brake discs and pads for her. (Stopping quick is just as important as going quick) The interior has that generic peeling on the console I have to address. Ordered some sill plates, brushed aluminum and the service manual for the car from the viper store. Im the type that has to know how it all comes apart...puting it back together is another question..lol Ill post some pics soon and research the Western VCA Region. Like your comment Texas1, I concure. Again thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Not only Congrats on your great Viper, but on the great WIFE! She's A Keeper!!

TRIVIA: The Western Canada Viper Club was the FIRST International region, formed at the Molson Indy Vancouver in 1995...... Where Viper was the Official Pace Car, with 35 more of us along for the driver parade..... Been going strong ever since.

Welcome....

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the most helpful club around. I am definately becomng a member and you should too. i had a problem with my car, and the info and advise i got saved me a ton of $$$, dealer couldnt sh*t me cause i now sort of knew what i was talking about., lol!! ps, i am in toronto, when my car was here for the winters i'd take it for a drive when the roads were dry....pray for chinooks!!

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics of the new mistress.

Attachments

• DSCF3153.jpg
    DSCF3153.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF3155.jpg
    DSCF3155.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF3157.jpg
    DSCF3157.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF3161.jpg
    DSCF3161.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF3164.jpg
    DSCF3164.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 77

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome looking car...congrats on it and the wifey.
Just my hot sports opinion...get rid of the sun visors. They don't do much but get in the way and I think clean up the look a little if removed. If you don't like them off, they're easy to put back on!!!

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...and ya 10 come to think of it, she does know how to drive a stick....interesting. Ill ponder removing the sun visors...your right, they do look out of place and in the way in the pics...and I have already forund myself adjusting them repeatedly. Removal may by the answer. I have a question guys..I was under her the other day and found oil on the pan..almost sweating from the gasket. Not enough for a drip or anything but noticeable. Should i replace the gasket? Found that all bolts were snug. Do all vipers have this sort of issue or is this a real concern?? Is it a big job to correct? I would think I just drop the pan and replace the gasket right?

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to see another viper in town.Hope to see you around.You should try to come out for the western viper drive and track day this summer!But be warned the track can be very addictive.pm Greg( screen name fireball) he can add you to his list.SAVE RACE CITY
Myke, oh ya nice ride.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"2Easy" on your recent purchase, congratulations and to "mykes", whom I don't think I've met yet, hi!
There's a lot of members in Calgary and The Western Canada Region of the VCA is a very active chapter with events in AB and BC each year with plans just begining to form for the 2011 driving season.
Membership opens the door to lots of perks, and the friends you'll make in the club will last the rest of your life!
PM me for more info.

GDog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! and welcome

There are lots of owners here in Calgary and as Mykes said we need to get you to the track now.

Mykes, did you put your car away for the winter?