New Viper Owner; IL

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Viper, '00 GTS. I thought that I would introduce myself to the VCA community. My name is Jason and I live in central IL. I purchased the car from Roanoke Motor Co. and had a very good experience dealing with them. I look forward to joining VCA, meeting people, and participating in events.

For now, I'll humbly take my place at the back of the noob line....:usa:

Here are a few pics;
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats...beautiful car!!!

As Mary said above, you have really strong, active local VCA...contact them soon...BIG ILL VCA event coming in the first weekend in June. You are also always welcome at our IN/KY VCA events.

Enjoy your Snake!!!

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 GTS is identical. Love the red and silver stripes. I added the chrome emblem logo's and they look great.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, Jason and Congratulations! You have one of Mike's favorite color scheme/GTS. Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting them.
Get yourself upgraded to Viper Owner by private messengering your VIN# to the moderators (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean), and join your regional VCA by calling 1-800-998-1110 or at vipermagazine.com. Then you can upload that gorgeous Viper's avatar. ENJOY~!
**Same goes for you, Bruce!**
~juli

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, welcome to the Viper Club of America and also to the IL Region!

The car looks great and I can tell you're an enthusiast (funny how most Viper people are). Look forward to seeing you at meetings and events. You have a sizable southern contingent who trek up to meet with the group, hope you tag along. All the info is on our website at Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region.

P.S. You gotta take that SVT banner down now... ;.)

OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!

John at ROMOCO gave me a few Viper posters to to put up, which I thought was very nice.

I can tell already that red is the fastest! lol

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HOT car Jason. I'm fairly new to the VCA as well, and let me tell you...the IL Region is freakin' awesome. Did my first event last weekend, and it completely exceeded my expectations. Can't wait for the autocross on the 22nd. Hopefully you'll make it out to some events this summer, it's definitely a great time.

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome...I am pretty new to the VCA as well, but being in central Illinois puts you right in the middle of the Illinois AND Gateway chapters. Both chapters are VERY active and host lots of events over the course of the "driving season". Of course, I am here near St. Louis so I'm partial to the Gateway chapter! :) Hope to see you at an event soon!

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a newer member of this forum also and just bought my 1st Viper this year (2006 Black conv). I wasnt really in the market for a Viper but I bought the car because of the speed and the fact that you dont see one every day on the street. Im really please with it but I wouldnt say that Im a diehard Viper fan. I still enjoy my other cars. I too live in IL- im in the Chicago burbs...Ive been skeptical about joining the club though. The IL VCA seems like its a pretty tight knit group of enthusiasts and Im not sure i'd fit in. Im only 33 and my wife mocked me when I told her about the "club." I read on the forum rules regarding that Wis trip that everyone drives together and stays within the speed limit. While I agree that safety should always come 1st, c'mon guys, we drive Vipers! Im pretty sure I would break that rule and then be booted from the club?? So my question is: Can a non-diehard Viper fan still join the club? Will I be booted for exceeding the speed limit on an outing? And can someone give me some reasons to explain to my wife so she doesnt make fun of me for joining??!! thanks guys!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony: Tell your wife to come on the boards here and notice the variety of people here. As far as *cough* speeding...one of the rules of the VCA Forum is not to promote *cough* street-racing.
What you *read* is not necessarily what really happens....if you get my 'drift'. :) We do like to say 'take it to the track' if you feel the need for speed, keep safety on the roads. But, Tony: THESE ARE VIPERS!!!! NOTHING compares~~~as you well know!
Congratulations on your '06 BLACK Viper. UPGRADE yourself to Viper Owner by private messengering your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean. Joining your regional VCA is a HUGE ++++, you and your wife will meet people you will never forget. It's the best car club in the world.
This from a dual owner of Viper and Vette. Nothing touches the VIPER. WELCOME!
PICS when you have a chance!
~juli

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very very nice 00 Viper. As a new owner of 2 weeks ago, I identify with your excitement. Is that your garage? Very nice if it is.

And I like the SVT banner. I have had some SVT vehicles that I have much enjoyed.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a newer member of this forum also and just bought my 1st Viper this year (2006 Black conv). I wasnt really in the market for a Viper but I bought the car because of the speed and the fact that you dont see one every day on the street. Im really please with it but I wouldnt say that Im a diehard Viper fan. I still enjoy my other cars. I too live in IL- im in the Chicago burbs...Ive been skeptical about joining the club though. The IL VCA seems like its a pretty tight knit group of enthusiasts and Im not sure i'd fit in. Im only 33 and my wife mocked me when I told her about the "club." I read on the forum rules regarding that Wis trip that everyone drives together and stays within the speed limit. While I agree that safety should always come 1st, c'mon guys, we drive Vipers! Im pretty sure I would break that rule and then be booted from the club?? So my question is: Can a non-diehard Viper fan still join the club? Will I be booted for exceeding the speed limit on an outing? And can someone give me some reasons to explain to my wife so she doesnt make fun of me for joining??!! thanks guys!

You should've been there, because you don't even know what you missed.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony,
Have her join you for a few events - let her meet the people and make up her own mind. When we attended our first local meeting in Feb, I was surprised at how LITTLE time it took for everyone to make "the wife" welcome and to include me in the gatherings. I still can't keep track of years/models/exhaust/upgrades/whatever is under the hood, but I'm pretty good with names at this point. We're not football wives, we're car wives. We can "sympathize" about the men going out for milk in the Viper and taking 2 hours....

I think the wives play a crucial part in a successful outing - someone needs to work the phone and let the leaders know if the back end of the line gets separated! The wives also enjoyed stopping at the local winery a LOT more than the drivers did!

Diane

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd just like to chime in and say the VCA IL Chapter is FANTASTIC. The cruise last weekend was a ton of fun, and everyone was very nice. It was my first event with any VCA, and it exceeded my expecations. My girlfriend who is more of a girly-girl than a car enthusiast had so much fun, she INSISTED on coming to the autocross on May 22nd.

My adivce...Join the club and sign up for an event. I'll bet you have a blast, and come back for more.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd just like to chime in and say the VCA IL Chapter is FANTASTIC. The cruise last weekend was a ton of fun, and everyone was very nice. It was my first event with any VCA, and it exceeded my expecations. My girlfriend who is more of a girly-girl than a car enthusiast had so much fun, she INSISTED on coming to the autocross on May 22nd.

My adivce...Join the club and sign up for an event. I'll bet you have a blast, and come back for more.

Exactly. Come join us. No one gets rejected [well, may be Lanceromance.....]

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speeding? Of course we don't speed - we only drive at the speed of the other cars around us... get it... the OTHER CARS (vipers) AROUND US... ;.)

You want fun, join us on a cruise. After the experience, racing will seem like the natural next step.

See you there.

P.S. For the record, we did leave the ground twice on those hills!!!!

OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joined the VCA the other day. Looking forward to getting involved.

Here are some more pics just for fun;

OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They should tell you that no heat comes out the vents when you buy one of these! I freaked out the other night because there was no heat....thanks to VCA Forums...I was set straight.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, Central IL member here also. The IL club is lots of fun. There is also a hand full of vipers here in the Champaign area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang