Newbie- First Viper-Photos

rogerdarabbit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Kirk. Resident of Hudson, Florida.

I've been lurking the past week or so and finally purchased my first Viper( after dreaming for many years). It's a 1998 GTS w/ just under 13k miles. As of now only a couple things need to be attended to...rear joint boots and the passenger door has a bit of hinge sag.

My 1971 Dodge Demon seems soft in comparison to this car. Merging out into traffic for the first time in this car and I broke traction. She'll take some getting used to.

I look forward to networking with everyone here for a long time to come.

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Kirk! Great first post and beautiful car! Will you be joining the VCA? (I hope!)

In the meantime, if you'll put your VIN # in your profile (only the admins can see it) we'll get your title updated to Viper Owner...as it should be! :D

Welcome to the Viper Nation.

Kelly

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting Gen3 wheels on your Gen 2. Any mods? The best advice I got when I bought mine: "Be careful in 1st and 2nd. The car will bite you." Meaning, you will lose traction if you are not pointed straight ahead and stomp the pedal. Sticky tires help a lot. If you have old tires, consider replacements very soon!

Welcome aboard! Of course I'm sure you know Race Yellow is faster than your red.:D

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, congratulations and nice pictures. Enjoy the good weather and have fun driving your new Viper!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice looking car!!! Welcome and I'll look forward to hearing about your first Florida VCA event.

Regards,
Aaron

rmani

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow congrats! I remember seeing that car on autotrader and was even considering it but it was a bit too far away from me. Looks great I'm glad to see it went to an enthusiast.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kirk we have quite a few Vipers locally. Drop me a line I will give you my # and you can come cruise one night with us. I have 2 friends in Hudson with Vipers and I am up in Crystal River.

Welcome to the Dark Side

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting Gen3 wheels on your Gen 2. Any mods? The best advice I got when I bought mine: "Be careful in 1st and 2nd. The car will bite you." Meaning, you will lose traction if you are not pointed straight ahead and stomp the pedal. Sticky tires help a lot. If you have old tires, consider replacements very soon!

Welcome aboard! Of course I'm sure you know Race Yellow is faster than your red.:D

Don't listen... Everyone knows that red is the fastest, period.:drive:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah... I am with George on this one... not only is red the fastest... it appears that it attracts the most ******* girls as well. Right Chad!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
R

rogerdarabbit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Photos of the 71 Demon and of my CFL.

The Demon is powered by a .030" over 360CI ported heads, mopar purple cam, cornwell valvetrain, BG 750 Demon Carb & NOS Cheater, MSD 7AL lights the fire, 727 w/ manual valve body & Cheetah Shifter, 8 3/4 rear w/ a Strange spool & Moser axles.

I just finished building the WCC CFL back in June. It sports West Coast Choppers front and rear fenders, bars, grips, pipes and air cleaner. Ultima 127" El Bruto Polished engine, Ultima Drag Belt drive primary, Ultima Left side drive 6 speed trans.

I have a terrible addiction. And two more bikes on the back burner. I had to part with my 1966 Cadillac Coupe Deville to make room for the GTS.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the car! Have a Viper Tech look over the car, there always seems to be something to upgrade or fix to make better.
Only hammer it going straight, if you floor it going around a turn your going to lose it:nono:

And drive the heck out of it:drive:

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photos of the 71 Demon and of my CFL.

I have a terrible addiction. And two more bikes on the back burner. I had to part with my 1966 Cadillac Coupe Deville to make room for the GTS.

If you really want to know how bad you've got it; count how many wheels you own ( 4 per car, 2 per bike, 2 per trailer and so on)
My friends and I "compete" based on the motto; he who has the most wheels wins. When you start counting the ones on the wheel barrow, you know you're losing.:2tu:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some nice stuff, Rogerdarabbit!
Last summer I sold my '73 Duster (400/727/8.75 w/4.10's) that I had for 12 years. It was fun but I just got tired of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte