Newbie- First Viper-Photos

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, Chuck's always said that, that's why I could not contribute here by my famous saying of "BLACK is fastest at night"...had to let it go, since the Wizard chimed in. :D
~juli

LOL...Chuck knows that when it comes to Vipers, he could tell me they have 8 wheels and I'd believe him...I just had to rib him a little in the new year. Pending my compression/leak-down tests, I may be asking him to tear apart my engine here in a couple of months, so I'm not trying to make the man mad! :D :D :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...Chuck knows that when it comes to Vipers, he could tell me they have 8 wheels and I'd believe him...I just had to rib him a little in the new year. Pending my compression/leak-down tests, I may be asking him to tear apart my engine here in a couple of months, so I'm not trying to make the man mad! :D :D :D

LOL~~yeah, I hear ya!!! Seeing as he's our CLOSEST Viper Tech....I don't wanna make him mad either...hence why I didn't 'bash' the red vs. black is fastest Viper...but had to get that ONE dig in, didn't I?! :rolaugh: Same here, Chuck HAS told me things that I believed...just because HE said so!!! Ribbing is good...one thing also about Chuck, he's got a WICKED sense of humor----meaning GREAT/DRY...why it's easy to believe what he says when he's kidding around~~:D ! To get to the beginning of this thread, awesome pictures, rogerdarabbit (love that username too!)~~~ :2tu: juli

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck dont no squat when it come to the fastest......
Why do you think dodge call it VIPER RACE YELLOW.....

Yes i am running.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race Yellow:drive: not only the fastest:omg: but it also STOPS the fastest.

Couldn't stand it anymore:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Photo taken between turns 4-5 @ Willow Springs (testing testing testing) Oh! it's now a 60,000 mile test machine

Big Brake Dave:drive:
252.jpg

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Kirk. Resident of Hudson, Florida.

I've been lurking the past week or so and finally purchased my first Viper( after dreaming for many years). It's a 1998 GTS w/ just under 13k miles. As of now only a couple things need to be attended to...rear joint boots and the passenger door has a bit of hinge sag.

My 1971 Dodge Demon seems soft in comparison to this car. Merging out into traffic for the first time in this car and I broke traction. She'll take some getting used to.

I look forward to networking with everyone here for a long time to come.

Terrific looking car. Love the Gen III wheels on it. Looks right.
Didn't notice if you saw this post...

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-near-hudson-florida-could-look-viper-me.html

Just passing the info.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car.....enjoy, but be careful in the beginning. Most Vipers are wrecked within the first 30 days of ownership. You have to get used to the torque. Once you are, then have a ball.

northcuda

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just purchased my first Viper as well, a 96 GTS, I'm in Ontario Canada, brought it in from Michigan. A few little things to do to the car, hope to be able to contribute here as well as get some help. Will try to attach a pic. Thanks.
Bob

Obviously the attachment didn't work, will read the thread on pics and try again.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Hope this works. From the above post. Thanks.
Bob

KUDOS to Kelly/KCO for helping with northcuda's picture...AWESOME b/w!! Wanted to WELCOME you and congratulations on your GTS!! So, are you able to drive it, looks like no snow there? Welcome Aboard! :2tu: ~juli

Last edited:

northcuda

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the picture was taken in early November in Michigan. The car is now in storage although I could have driven it today, it was 61 degrees here (pretty well got rid of all the snow), but there's still salt residue on the roads so will have to wait probably until March unfortunately. Gives me time to get my 68 Barracuda back together.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the picture was taken in early November in Michigan. The car is now in storage although I could have driven it today, it was 61 degrees here (pretty well got rid of all the snow), but there's still salt residue on the roads so will have to wait probably until March unfortunately. Gives me time to get my 68 Barracuda back together.

We hear ya on garaging our BEASTS...*sigh*...yep, salt here too...and still snow on ground, tho it was 57 today! :omg: So, same here, until the rain washes away the salt/slurry on the roads, we don't drive the cars either. Pics of your '68 Cuda? VERY cool car!! Again, welcome aboard~! :2tu: ~juli

northcuda

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Newbie- First Viper-Photos(Barracuda)

Here's a shot of the engine and trans going back in, the car is a notchback 340 Formula S 4 speed.

The next pic is before the restoration started, the car came from Irvine Ca. nice sheet metal under the paint.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Newbie- First Viper-Photos(Barracuda)

The 340 is a good motor, I hear...gonna be a beautiful car when restored! Thanx for the pics~~~juli

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really want to know how bad you've got it; count how many wheels you own ( 4 per car, 2 per bike, 2 per trailer and so on)
My friends and I "compete" based on the motto; he who has the most wheels wins. When you start counting the ones on the wheel barrow, you know you're losing.:2tu:

I would like to see this as a seperate thread, that would be interesting.

V

Venomiss

I would like to see this as a seperate thread, that would be interesting.
Someone did have a thread going about how many wheels are in your garage-can't find it in my search. Thought it was in the driven section?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey no problem. I had remembered that thread because there were some impressive numbers being thrown around.

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added my number. I was looking for a place to brag where I didn't look like an a$$.

Correction too much of an a$$.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ongrats on your new/old Viper. I'm thinking of having the same cresting done to my seats -looks awesome!

My advice is to get rid of the runcraps. They allow all newer vettes to kick your ass. My 98 (red) GTS crashed and part of the reason was the runcraps. Not only do they lose to vette's acceleration, but the r'craps take longer to stop and cost double what PS1's cost. They have lousy traction and tons of wheel hop.

One of the 4 68/69 fastback cudas I owned went 9's and was a Prostreeter. I built myself a 73 440 Duster a few years ago and would like to sell it now. Then if I could sell my 71 Demon 340/360 4spd car I could buy another Viper. The Vipers seem to fit in the garages better! Of course, then I'd have to sell my 92 Daytona IROC R/T (1 of 432 'package' cars) to pay for storage insurance. Anyone want to help me out?

Ted

OP
OP
R

rogerdarabbit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Video of a buds street car putting the smack down on a trailered mustang. My buddy's hood cowl was so tall that he couldnt see the tree well and lost the holeshot but I think it really adds to the effect of the video after losing a car plus at the line. He has since gutted and gotten rid of this car and is close to completing a mid 80's Carmaro...540CI decked out with huge amounts of juice.

MySpaceTV Videos: Bad A$$ Vega by Carnicero

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I built myself a car that went JUST like that! 1980 Firearrow with a full chassis (stretched 11") and Nitroused 440. 10.43 in street trim with treaded/rain Sprint car tires. Turned on the Nitrous, pulled the wheels throughout 1st gear (3spd), blew the engine halfway down the track and coasted to a 9.5@118mph

Now it's Silver and I think it's going 6's at Mission Raceway. Ex-wife sold the rolling chassis for $2,000 during divorce. BIG ex

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte