Nice quote from Ralph

OP
OP
P

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAAP can be configured for production of two low volume vehicles. They ran the Prowler line next to the Viper line for a while.

I would imagine that people are trying to think of a vehicle that could run along side the Viper production to optimize Conner.

Believe that production will be controlled to lag demand, as in the past they sometimes got over eager to produce Vipers that needed to be stored till the over supply was absorbed.

With no production in 2011 I would expect there would be enough pent up demand to absorb initial production, with line speed being modified along the way to keep supply and demand in sync.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do love the fact that my 09 ACR is the last GEN to be a true drivers car but applaud what SRT is doing to increase a broader base of ownership with the SRT line. These cars will always be limited production runs but may have a larger audience than previous years and move cars a lot faster. Dealers still have 09's in thier inventory today. If Viper is to be the flagship then it should show it in all aspects not just performance.

Great Job SRT and Great Vision from Ralph.

Bruce

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best quality materials have nothing to do with changing the Vipers rawness. Your talking about two different subjects. Just because I prefer the Viper doesn't mean I prefer inferior materials or workmanship.

+ 1 SRT and Ralph

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They do not wanna build anywhere near 4k Viper/ year. CAAP can't produce that many cars even if they wanted to. The absolute most they could produce in a year would be 1,600 @ CAAP and they don't even wanna build that many per Ralph

Matt:

Dodge built more than 4000 cars/year at CAAP when the Viper AND the Prowler were built there...for several years. And I think 2003 SRT was 3000+ units ....no time to look it up this moment.... 4000 WAS doable....

And I missed any comment by Ralph limiting the G-5 numbers...........? you FLA guys have had Mr G. to lunch TWICE in just the past quarter!

JonB

Late Edit--just read PHawkers reply. Yes, a compact specialty COULD certainly be built alongside....... Small HYBRID? Burns Gas and Rubber

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think all previous Vipers are too soft, set up for girls and liberals.

For example, look at those ***** seats! All covered with leather over cushioning, what a creampuff idea.

The seats should be made of bare hard wood, preferably maple. Hard seats for hard men, no compromises for the weak. Take the shocks out, too, because that's a compromise for fattys.

Hope to see these macho man changes on the Gen 5.

Ralph, "if you're listening"?

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The seats should be made of bare hard wood, preferably maple. Hard seats for hard men, no compromises for the weak. Hope to see these macho man changes on the Gen 5.

Why don't you ask Ralph to make some cars available made of wood saving us boaters forking out extra $$$ buying boats? :rolaugh: .Hitting two birds with one stone.

http://www.oddee.com/contrib_9944.aspx

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....The seats should be made of bare hard wood, preferably maple. Hard seats for hard men, no compromises for the weak. Take the shocks out, too, because that's a compromise for fattys.

You must be registered for see images attach

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

.... in another article on that page he mentions that he is trying to attract the 911 crowd. ......

....The seats should be made of bare hard wood, preferably maple. Hard seats for hard men, no compromises for the weak. Take the shocks out, too, because that's a compromise for fattys.

C'mon... A viper can't have a rear seat :dunno: :rolleyes:

i'm just trying to put a visual to the idea :dunno:

:D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For example, look at those ***** seats! All covered with leather over cushioning, what a creampuff idea.

The seats should be made of bare hard wood, preferably maple. Hard seats for hard men, no compromises for the weak. Take the shocks out, too, because that's a compromise for fattys.

Great ideas, may I add: No windshield (big tough macho dudes shouldn't need a shield--Harley riders don't); exhaust systems that rate over 120 decibels minimum; subscription to Axis Labs testosterone buster suppliment; Stiffer (get it...) clutch, I mean one like the early 60's cars--a real man's clutch; take out the thingy in the console that can be used as a cup holder--we don't even want anything that would remotely look like a cupholder even though it isn't, etc., etc., etc.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vic, somehow you always come up with the funniest stuff.

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best quality materials have nothing to do with changing the Vipers rawness. Your talking about two different subjects. Just because I prefer the Viper doesn't mean I prefer inferior materials or workmanship.

+ 1 SRT and Ralph

+1,000,000

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1,000,000

+1 glad to see Ralph and Sergio on the money for the Viper's future. I watched the National Geograhic DVD on the supercar factories. It was great but I could tell the Viper plant was a little lacking in tooling and procedures as compared to the others although the labor enthusiasm couldn't be beat. Hopefully some addditional investment was made to Conner to realize Ralph's vision for the Viper.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt:

Dodge built more than 4000 cars/year at CAAP when the Viper AND the Prowler were built there...for several years. And I think 2003 SRT was 3000+ units ....no time to look it up this moment.... 4000 WAS doable....

And I missed any comment by Ralph limiting the G-5 numbers...........? you FLA guys have had Mr G. to lunch TWICE in just the past quarter!

JonB

JonB, the # limit was discussed @ the meet.