Nitrous...Cheesy???

Is nitrous oxide cheesy, deserving little respect?

• Yes

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 54.4%

• Total voters

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absalutely, I have three tunes in my SCT programmer that allows me to plug into my OBD2 port and change from two advance timing and fuel mods and one timing advance limiter with fuel mod.:D And it retains my Stock program as well.

Nice! I am guessing you just go on the internet and download a custom tune into the box and then load the appropriate one at the appropriat time. About how much does each tune cost?

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice! I am guessing you just go on the internet and download a custom tune into the box and then load the appropriate one at the appropriat time. About how much does each tune cost?
Yes you are correct, I send my tuner the dyno run files and he emails me back my tunes at NO CHARGE :2tu: and I download them into my handheld tuner and then flash the PCM ! Fastpartsnetwork.com speak to Torrie :headbang: If you buy the tuner from Torrie, he will include three tunes at the time of purchase, just tell him your mods. :drive:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, how do you think the engine would handle a 300 shot while running an alcohol injetion kit?
I wouldn't suggest anything over a 200 shot with a stock motor unless you plan on rebuilding the motor in the near future, then GO FOR IT :D I'm betting it would hold for about 20 1/4 mile 300 shots at best before something starts to let go :eater:

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes you are correct, I send my tuner the dyno run files and he emails me back my tunes at NO CHARGE :2tu: and I download them into my handheld tuner and then flash the PCM ! Fastpartsnetwork.com speak to Torrie :headbang: If you buy the tuner from Torrie, he will include three tunes at the time of purchase, just tell him your mods. :drive:

I'll check that out and probably go with that.

I wouldn't suggest anything over a 200 shot with a stock motor unless you plan on rebuilding the motor in the near future, then GO FOR IT :D I'm betting it would hold for about 20 1/4 mile 300 shots at best before something starts to let go :eater:

I was thinking along the lines of that too, it just a lot of power being pushed through. What is a good fuel pump to run or application to make sure that I have enough fuel. I have heard of people adding another fuel pump. Is that a big task or is there a better way?

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll check that out and probably go with that.

I was thinking along the lines of that too, it just a lot of power being pushed through. What is a good fuel pump to run or application to make sure that I have enough fuel. I have heard of people adding another fuel pump. Is that a big task or is there a better way?
No additional fuel pump required, it's cleaner and easier just to tap into the existing fuel rail port. Just remember to remove the shrader valve and run your fuel line under the intake to the solenoid up front. Soleniods should be mounted level or above the foggers or plate which ever you decide to use to prevent puddling back into the solenoids.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think bigcarrot (used to be on this site) had a direct port 300 shot on his....might wanna search. his setup was sick.

personally i think a 300 is ok if you have a fuel system and its tuned right. i HATE the BAP's

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No additional fuel pump required, it's cleaner and easier just to tap into the existing fuel rail port. Just remember to remove the shrader valve and run your fuel line under the intake to the solenoid up front. Soleniods should be mounted level or above the foggers or plate which ever you decide to use to prevent puddling back into the solenoids.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about going with the NX progressive system (Lightning Solinoids) through a direct port setup. What do you think about the progressive system? What kind of fuel injectors do the Vipers run off of. Are they the bosch/GM injectors? There is a new setup that has a direct port injection system that plugs in under your fuel injectors but is only made for the GM bosch style injectors. I would check my car and look for myself, but am overseas. You can jet this progressive system for a 300 shot, but be able to control it like a boost controller by setting the parameters for a 200 shot that is progressively sprayed throughout the rpm range. I kinda like this and it would also eliminate the wheels breaking lose from a big shot kicking in all at once.

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think bigcarrot (used to be on this site) had a direct port 300 shot on his....might wanna search. his setup was sick.

personally i think a 300 is ok if you have a fuel system and its tuned right. i HATE the BAP's

Thanks again, I'll look and see if I can find anything!

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was thinking about going with the NX progressive system (Lightning Solinoids) through a direct port setup. What do you think about the progressive system? What kind of fuel injectors do the Vipers run off of. Are they the bosch/GM injectors? There is a new setup that has a direct port injection system that plugs in under your fuel injectors but is only made for the GM bosch style injectors. I would check my car and look for myself, but am overseas. You can jet this progressive system for a 300 shot, but be able to control it like a boost controller by setting the parameters for a 200 shot that is progressively sprayed throughout the rpm range. I kinda like this and it would also eliminate the wheels breaking lose from a big shot kicking in all at once.
Progressive systems are aresome for racing purposes but not always cost effective for street use only. Direct port foggers are the best way to go just more time consuming install and if you put them in under the intake then your stuck with the jets upon install unless you wanna keep removing the intake for pill changes. Not certain about the injectors but my guess would be the bosch. Progressive systems can be set up to add any amount of juice either by RPM or SHIFTS or both.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheesy??? Depends how it"s done...

New_engine_1-08_002.jpg

New_engine_1-08_007.jpg

New_engine_1-08_004.jpg

new_engine_011.jpg

Then "FORCE" both stages it to work...:D

Home_finally_004.jpg

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TreeSnake - that's one of the best looking (concealed) NOx systems I've ever seen!!!

PS: How long does it take to get the bottles filled (removal time + re-install time + fill time) - that's my only ***** with NOx. But with that much capacity you can probably go many many runs between refils.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TreeSnake - that's one of the best looking (concealed) NOx systems I've ever seen!!!

PS: How long does it take to get the bottles filled (removal time + re-install time + fill time) - that's my only ***** with NOx. But with that much capacity you can probably go many many runs between refils.

The bottles come out very easy. The top bracket comes off and lift the bottles out. Due to an issue with a tuner, I have yet to fire the
system...:mad:
If all goes right, I'll be able to give you an answer in about a month.

Awesome System, it looks well done (PERTY) and I'm guessing 2 ten pounders and 2 2 1/2 pounders ? :hail: :headbang:
Looks like a dry system...

The 10# bottle on the right has been replumbed for methanol.
The 10# bottle on left is NOS.
The two 5 # bottles are CO2

I have another bottle that will be filled with Nos to swap out at the track
or....:D

This is a two stage system. The first stage(already posted above) is a "dry" 100 shot.
The second stage is a "wet" 150 shot fogger. It is plumbed in the back of the blower intake, under the cowl.
You can see the back of the blue fogger fitting in this photo.

new_engine_0032.jpg

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheesy??? Depends how it"s done...

New_engine_1-08_002.jpg

New_engine_1-08_007.jpg

New_engine_1-08_004.jpg

new_engine_011.jpg

Then "FORCE" both stages it to work...:D

Home_finally_004.jpg

Okay...I started the thread and must say there is nothing cheesy about that setup!!! Especially if you get it tuned right and it works correctly...good luck with all due respect.

I'm still not a nitrous guy, but if I have to give recognition to that system....the nicest I have seen. I also realize even more how ignorant I am on the subject with the 3 different bottle contents...no clue what CO2 is used for, but I am about to perform a google to feed my curiosity.

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! Incredible TreeSnake!!! I have seen pictures of this before, I distinctly remember the bottles. That is one serious car for sure. I might need your help a little down the road if you don't mind, I will be putting in a digital window switch and noticed your MSD unit. I might need some guidance on wires. Awesome setup and great job. There is nothing cheesy about that, lol!

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay...I started the thread and must say there is nothing cheesy about that setup!!! Especially if you get it tuned right and it works correctly...good luck with all due respect.

I'm still not a nitrous guy, but if I have to give recognition to that system....the nicest I have seen. I also realize even more how ignorant I am on the subject with the 3 different bottle contents...no clue what CO2 is used for, but I am about to perform a google to feed my curiosity.

The CO2 might be one of the DEI cryo systems. I also thought about making some kind of fire supression system out of CO2. Mounting an intercooler ring directly where an engine fire would be. With the hood closed it should fill up the engine compartment pretty quick by dumping 2 2.5 or 5 LB bottles of CO2 all at once. I wonder if that would work???

Tree Snake, let us know what the CO2 is for. Also do you have any more pictures of anything you could post. Especially any pictures of the Alcohol/**** Setup???

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CO2 might be one of the DEI cryo systems. I also thought about making some kind of fire supression system out of CO2. Mounting an intercooler ring directly where an engine fire would be. With the hood closed it should fill up the engine compartment pretty quick by dumping 2 2.5 or 5 LB bottles of CO2 all at once. I wonder if that would work???

Tree Snake, let us know what the CO2 is for. Also do you have any more pictures of anything you could post. Especially any pictures of the Alcohol/**** Setup???

Thanks alot for the compliments.

Yes, the CO2 is part of a custom DEI Cryosystem. I have a fuel "block" (aluminum block that is charged with CO2) that cools the fuel before it gets to the intake. There is stanless tubing running throughout the intake which is also charged with CO2. (I am hoping that this will cool the entire intake and lowering IAT.).
Then the systems (both NOS and CO2 purge out through the wndshield wiper holes. (removed wipers obviously...;))

Like the NOS set up, I am waiting to get final tune. I have about 400 breakin miles on new engine.

Can't wait to "turn it up"...

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He did. I helped install some of it when i worked at daves.

Also, just spend some coin and buy your own fill station and rent a bottle.

Two 10's or two 15's on the street will last a while.

I'm personally trying to look for a used roe setup and just spray a 100-150 pill on top of that with my current nitrous system.

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is about the best photo I have available right now. The two braided lines coming down are fuel.. The fuel block is next to the driveshaft loop. The CO2 block is designed to cool the fuel at this point.
Small ss braided lines on right are methanol and NOS
3_car_garage_013.jpg

Last edited:

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is about the best photo I have available right now. The two braided lines coming down are fuel.. The fuel block is next to the driveshaft loop. The CO2 block is designed to cool the fuel at this point.
Small ss braided lines on right are methanol and NOS
3_car_garage_013.jpg

Thanks for putting that up! Is there a reason for putting the fuel block where it is? What do you think about the system, do think it will make a difference? Do you remember the scale/ratio for the cooler is the estimated HP youcan get by chance? I am familiar with the DEI Cryo products, but don't personally know anyone who has used them before. How much do you think the DEI cryo intake tube system could lower intake temps? Sorry for all the questions, just want to ask someone who has a kit installed and is familiar with the system.

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm personally trying to look for a used roe setup and just spray a 100-150 pill on top of that with my current nitrous system.

How much can you save on having a fill station? How much money can you make from selling it. Say if I was to be paying $65 to get 2 10Lb bottles filled what would it be costing me if I had a fill station payed for and got my own N20 and did it myself? I am just curious in the difference. Do you think a stock 99 GTS engine can take a 300 Shot? What are your opinions on that. I want to run a progressive system and my goal is 800HP at the wheels. The car will also have all the bolt ons availiable.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Theres a 96 B/W GTS on ebay that has a roe not installed for a little :money::money:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much can you save on having a fill station? How much money can you make from selling it. Say if I was to be paying $65 to get 2 10Lb bottles filled what would it be costing me if I had a fill station payed for and got my own N20 and did it myself? I am just curious in the difference. Do you think a stock 99 GTS engine can take a 300 Shot? What are your opinions on that. I want to run a progressive system and my goal is 800HP at the wheels. The car will also have all the bolt ons availiable.

Don't get a fill station to make money. It's not a big money maker. It's mainly for a convenience factor. Sure you could buy a few "mother" bottles, and make about $20 or so off each one if you sold it.

Yes stock forged motors can take 300 shots... some people on this forum are doing 400 progressive shots on their stock short blocks. On Carrot's we had a 300 direct port shot.

The key is what nitrous setup do you have. Nozzle setups are only good to 200-250rwhp because of the distribution to the back cylinders. I have a prototype plate kit that I still haven't used(lack of time to take and get tuned) that should allow a even distribution up to 300rwhp.

attached is Carrot's intake.

Attachments

• 533Pict0056.jpg
    533Pict0056.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 21

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't get a fill station to make money. It's not a big money maker. It's mainly for a convenience factor. Sure you could buy a few "mother" bottles, and make about $20 or so off each one if you sold it.

Yes stock forged motors can take 300 shots... some people on this forum are doing 400 progressive shots on their stock short blocks. On Carrot's we had a 300 direct port shot.

The key is what nitrous setup do you have. Nozzle setups are only good to 200-250rwhp because of the distribution to the back cylinders. I have a prototype plate kit that I still haven't used(lack of time to take and get tuned) that should allow a even distribution up to 300rwhp.

attached is Carrot's intake.

Very nice setup. I want to get either the NOS Launcher or the NX Octane Progressive system. Which do you think is better? I will definately be going direct port. I bought a Hennessey Custom Aluminum/Sheetmetal manifold that I will hook up. The whole system will be the best pieces from all different brands. I am wanting to use NX components for the nozzles, possibly CPU, WOT, and Digital Window Switch. I am thinking about going with the Zex Composite 12.5 bottles (2), and Either NX or NOS lines. Have you known anyone to use the Lightning Series Solenoids? I have heard they are designed to work with progressive systems and don't burn out that easy.

Instead of drilling and tapping in nozzles for the direct port system I came across these, let me know what you think. They plug in under the fuel injectors, do you think they would be any count? I wonder is there would be any mixture issues? It also says that they are meant for the Bosch style GM LS engine fuel injectors. I have been trying to find out what kind of fuel injectors the Gen 2 Vipers have. My car is a 99 which would be durring the time GM was mass producing the bosch style injectors in the 97-04 C5 Corvettes and the Camaro/Firebirds. Hopefully they will have the same injectors. I would like to use these compaired to drilling in a 4K intake manifold. If I wanted to change my setup I could always take it out and sell the manifold easier if it wasn't drilled on. Here is the link to the Direct Port Injectors

Nitrous Oxide Direct port kit