No more videos guys :(

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going to mod my Viper exhaust...oops...thats illegal in some states....better delete all those posts too.

I think I am going to post about a cruise in...oops...that could be unlawful assembly...better delete all posts about cruise in's with out getting copies of permits.

So much liability...so few court rooms.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joe,

If the VCA/DC want to be completely covered and avoid any lawsuit they need to close shop. NO MATTER WHAT someone will sue, it is a sad fact.

It is mitigating business risk that matters.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't some idiot sue D-C for something after HE wrecked his own Viper or someone that was in an accident sue D-C? I specifically remember a famous race car driver (Mario Andretti, maybe?) testifying on D-C's behalf... Must Google to see if I can find this out......

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There are probably some lawyers on this site but I don't care, this country is in serious need of TORT REFORM!!

Don't rock the boat, Steve! hee hee hee :D

Myself, I make my money the old fashioned way-

I steal it! :D

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't rock the boat, Steve! hee hee hee :D

Myself, I make my money the old fashioned way-

I steal it! :D

Does this mean that the VCA/DC condone stealing? Must be. I read it on their message board! :D :eek:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
America was world renowned as the greatest nation on earth - home of the free and the brave. The nonsensical lawsuits that have taken over the justice system have made her justice system the absolute laughing stock of the rest of the world

where a guy gets damages for going out back in his motorhome to make a sandwich at 65mph because nobody told him cruise control did not mean auto pilot and a thousand other ridiculous cases of equal stupidity

When will people step up to take responsibility for their own actions?

People who sue without a really just cause and against the only people directly responsible I'd like to think have a special place just for them one day... not a nice place either. Where did this notion come from that if we suffer loss - someone else has to pay for it? The early pioneers would have just toughened up and started again instead of whimpering like sissies - it's called character. It's not always someone else's fault - sometimes we screw up! Lawsuits are all about greed - and may it choke them all. Money will not bring back loved ones, insurance should cover the deaths, and if a crime has been committed there are criminal laws with penalties.

At law - a well developed disclaimer and a refusal to host illegal material should be all that is required. Posting a link - which is what happens up till now - is merely allowing people to exercise their Constitutional rights of free speech and expression - it in no way implies DC support the video linked to or the comments made.

Your nation is in a desperate situation if that is not enough. A land without just law and responsibility for own actions cannot last forever like that... it reminds of of the latter days of the Roman Empire when they got liberal and became soft.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a look at the other Viper sites.

This one still is the best one.... so I for one won't be leaving - but I can see myself going to the alley to find some good videos if they don't turn up here anymore.

There's no reason someone couldn't post here that they've posted a new video on another site if they don't mention anything "illegal" :rolleyes:

TORT REFORM PLEASE!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:(

I really like the videos. I get to live vicariously through some of them...it's not often I get to pull up next to a GT2 for example. In my opinion, I was able to get some of my urges out by simply watching instead of seeking it out myself.

I can play devil's advocate here too - in some instances many people can actually see how dangerous it can be and decide that street racing with traffic all about isn't all that wise a move!

A point can be made for ANY case.

Sigh.

Anyhow, it feels like this topic is just acting as a catalyst for segregation at this point.

I've always liked this saying

"There are always 3 points of view on any topic."

Yours
Theirs
Truth

Now who's buying rounds?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Jerks. What, people do not have anything else to do but complain??? This is pretty ridiculous. If they do not like it then they should not read it, END OF STORY. Some people have some nerve.

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i filmed the GT2 video...and i have many more videos...

The fact of the matter is the internet is the internet...and internet chat rooms are the most fluid form of BS on the planet, believe none of what you read, and half of what you see... If you are dumb enough to do something cause someone else was wreckless enough to do it, you deserve a kick to the balls. I say leave the videos and dont worry about "might get sued" thats an old mans BS excuse not to do something, you bought these vipers to live your lives to the fullest then you are afraid of what might happen if someone watches a video on your web board? Come on now...when the law suit comes give me a call, we'll pass around the hat and cover the damages. I might just go ahead and sue you for turning others into ******* for not thinking they can enjoy their cars!

PS: i didn't read past the 2nd page so if i repeated anyone sorry

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster:

America was world renowned as the greatest nation on earth - home of the free and the brave. The nonsensical lawsuits that have taken over the justice system have made her justice system the absolute laughing stock of the rest of the world

Blame Law(n)boy and his clientele of whiners, ne'er-do-wells and malcontents.

where a guy gets damages for going out back in his motorhome to make a sandwich at 65mph because nobody told him cruise control did not mean auto pilot and a thousand other ridiculous cases of equal stupidity

Have you seen the new Porsche Cayenne commercial? :lol:

When will people step up to take responsibility for their own actions?

People who sue without a really just cause and against the only people directly responsible I'd like to think have a special place just for them one day... not a nice place either. Where did this notion come from that if we suffer loss - someone else has to pay for it?

I'm not sure, but the Plaintiff's Bar certainly panders to these crackpots' every crazy whim. :rolleyes:

Your nation is in a desperate situation if that is not enough. A land without just law and responsibility for own actions cannot last forever like that... it reminds of of the latter days of the Roman Empire when they got liberal and became soft.

I hope you're wrong about that.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The porsche commercial has a....... DISCLAIMER!!
The VCA needs one too.
I'm off to the alley.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those that know me .... My Viper is fast... enough said. I love the videos, I make some videos. I want to see them.

Is there a Liability to VCA if posted here? **** YES!

I work for an insurance company. I can't believe the crap we get sued over. We recently lost one for millions that I thought "Not a chance, we are not even close to liable". We lost.

I am just waiting for the first lawsuit against "The Fast And The Furious"

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be lots of money there has been one. But I would also bet that it was settled in a non-disclosure sealed manner. You would be surprised to see how much money changes hands just to keep it out of the press.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought I'd post this again. None of you addressed the facts.

Do you guys remember the big night club fire that took place a couple of months ago? Well, the people who owned the club also owned a Shell gas station, they had a poster in the gas station window and handed out flyers for the club at the station.
Who do you think was recently added to the list of people who are being sued?.......That's right, SHELL OIL!

Whenever there is a big deal liability case, the lawyers look hard for folks with deep pockets that they can add to the target list. This is real, it's not just some old guy crap.

Here's the scenario. A Viper driver is street racing. While racing, some guy in a tour bus pulls out in front of him. It's not the Vipers fault but the bus is hit, catches fire, and 40 people are killed in the fire.
The Viper driver is dead, he had insurance with a max of half a million. The bus company had coverage of 10 million. How many people are going to sue? Probably over 100.

This is a BIG case. A law firm takes it and wants to get 10 million for each person who had been wronged. They can't get it from the Viper or the bus. Do you think that they will look for ways to tie DC to this?
Do you think that they are smart enough to find the VCA website?
Well guys, how much more real does it sound now?
It's not a question of anyones rights, it's liability and in this day and age in the USA that's the truth.

By the way torquie, I have a feeling that you know something about corporate liability. Do you really think this is way beyond the realm of reality?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Thank God the USA isn't totally made up of wussies. If it were we would all hide under a rock and never try to make a business out of anything.

I've said it over and over again, no matter what you can not prevent a law suite unless you just close shop. The VCA can cover their butts very well to mitigate any risks as much as possible. The fact that they have NO disclaimer now should have them scared.

Again, can anyone post a link to information of a website "owner" being sued for a message on a message board?

As far as the nightclub thing goes, it would be interesting to see who has the liability insurance on that particular gas station. Was this attached to the suite since the owner of the station was the same owner as the club? I bet it was, or every single place where a poster was posted would be named.

And since when is a made up story considered "facts"?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank God the USA isn't totally made up of wussies like you. If it were we would all hide under a rock and never try to make a business out of anything.

Resorting to personal attacks does nothing to support your argument, it only hurts it. I think your idea (and others) to have a disclaimer is definitely worth further discussion AND implementation. Just without the name calling.

Chris

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll call myself a name!! I'm a LOSER and an a******.. There. Now none of you can call me that since I beat you to it..

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe - yes I think lawsuit is possible - unlikely - but possible because of the ******* legal system. I think the actions talked about here tho - of a disclaimer and only linking to another host - should be sufficient to win against the greedies of this world...

"should" is not would I know... but I believe the forum is only one really good Tort Attorney away from being safe. The legal profession in this relm is like a game - best player wins, justice has nothing to do with it.... so you simply need a Lawyer/Attorney that has excellent track record in court and is very confident of winning against such nonsense.

A friend of mine is an ex Beverley Hills hotshot Attorney - maybe I should ask him - was supposed to be having a beer with him tonight, but I'm not up to it ($@*! bugs) - so maybe when I'm able to catch up with him next (probably next week now).

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[*****]...this is what happens when I take a vacation !! I didn't know we were required to watch the videos....it seems to be a personal choice. A BIG thanks to the whiners and whoever CAVED to them.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole post but I agree with whatever Gerald said. We usually have about the same opinion of things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456