No more wimpy horn!

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have always thought the factory horns on our cars sounded incredibly wimpy. So I just installed a set of factory Ram horns on my baby and let me tell you it will make whoevers in front of you jump out of the way with a quickness! LOVE IT!!!:D:D:D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have always thought the factory horns on our cars sounded incredibly wimpy. So I just installed a set of factory Ram horns on my baby and let me tell you it will make whoevers in front of you jump out of the way with a quickness! LOVE IT!!!:D:D:D

Awesome, I have been wanting to do that...in my SRT4 too. My 04 Dodge dually has goooooood horns probably like you used.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JD, what's the part number for the Ram horn? Any special wiring involved or did they simply connect to the factory wiring?

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be a great upgrade for many. I can't even hear mine over my exhaust unless I am listening for it.

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys. I don't have part numbers because I took them off a crashed ram myself and cut the rams factory harness off. I used the stock brackets from my horns and all I had to do is drill the hole out on the bracket a little bigger for the new horns stud. I cut and soldered the new harnesses onto the Vipers harness and whoala. all done. literaly took me 30 minutes because my bumper isn't held on by much. Didn't think to take photos of a horn, sorry. Huge difference!!! Any horn from a 03+ ram will work. its a twin horn setup and the two horns are mounted on one bracket. remove them from the ram bracked and install on your factory ones.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people in the Subaru community run Hella Supertones. They are very loud and not much bigger than factory horns.
Here is a so-so comparison, the note isn't on, but you get a good idea of the volume level.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8keRJuUSod8&feature=related[/media]

Nick

OP
OP
M

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think not on at least a GTS. On my '01 they are inside the DSide lower control arm. Are they different on a Gen 1? Will these Ram horns fit inside the control arm?

my horns are mounted on either side of my radiator behind the front bumper cover which has to come off. but like I said mine isn't held on by much due to the upcoming painting project.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my horns are mounted on either side of my radiator behind the front bumper cover which has to come off. but like I said mine isn't held on by much due to the upcoming painting project.

Oh wow. Like Dave said, GEN II horns are right on the inside of the driver lower control arm. EASY to get to! Might have to look around my work for some louder horns laying around. Stock Viper ones are far from impressive, but not weak enough for me to spend a bunch of money swapping them out.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my Viper, I can barely hear the horn over the exhaust. Not sure I really need louder horns...people generally move when they hear me coming anyway. I ran brake duct cooling hoses and it passes near, or in front of, the horns on the driver's side. I was going to relocate the horns to the front fascia but it's not a priority anytime soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235