Now that it's clean....

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Now that it\'s clean....

It is so clean I would not want to drive it. Pretty good looking!!

That is exactly what went through my head when I was getting in it to go for the photoshoot. The car had 3 layers of Zaino put on it in the last week and it was cleaned top to bottom. Getting it dirty sucked, but, it'll wash. :laugh:

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stunning Car....
Bitter sweet for me at the present time seeing your ACR, my '02 GTS Bumblebee is currently undergoing the Twin Turbo transformation so it has been out of commission now for two months. I'd kind of subscribed to the out of sight out of mind theory - as difficult as this is with a Viper. So seeing your Pics certainly refreshed my memory.

As I scroll down through the thread though I happen upon consolation! Your's is currently derailed also!
Great! Why should you be driving yours if I can't drive mine?!!! --- Selfish B*stard that I am!!!!!

Joking aside, good luck with your installs, we have installed several Paxtons, as recommended crank always pinned, even for your non-blown Viper, as others have stated it is cheap insurance and it really isn't that difficult.

Hope you're back out on the road soon.

'02 GTS Bumblebee
'03 Ram 1500 QC Hemi
'98 Harley FatBoy
'98 Ducati 916 SPS #007

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Oldwilsonian...I think. ;)

This go 'round, I just loaded the bolt up with red loc-tite. Hopefully it'll stay put. If it comes off again, it'll get pinned for sure. Got the front of the car all back together last night (minus the hood) and pulled the side sills off in preparation for this weekends Corsa/hi-flow cat install. Putting the 250 ft-lbs of torque on that bolt was a real mother. Fortunately, my wife standing on the brakes was enough to keep the car in place. I sincerely hope I don't have to do that again.

It's intresting the things you learn about your car when you do stuff like this. Little things like the power steering cooler has been taken off before. I know because whoever took it off appparently lost one of the two mounting bolts and used what looks to be a big sheet-metal screw in its' place. What can ya do? :laugh:

So are you having forged components put in your '02 to handle the TT power?

Oldwilsonian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi kcobean,

Ultimately yes, but initially no. We anticipate on minimum boost 800RWHP up to 1400RWHP on max boost. The turbos are twin ball bearing custom made, each capable of producing 750 HP, custom headers & intercooler and the other usual accessories, AEM and a monstrous Weldon fuel pump!

To stick with the cast pistons even with 800 RWHP - I know will raise a few eyebrows on this site - but I want to give these cast internals a chance, with the right tune, to see if they can handle it. I realise this could be a costly exercise but I own my own shop, we have a Dyno so my only cost is parts to me. Having spoken with others a general concensus is that these internals are not as weak as some believe. We all know that final piece of the jigsaw, that last 10%, is in the tune and I am fortunate enough to have one of the best tuners working with me Jobe Speta Jr. this is the guy who has tuned several Heffner TT cars including Chad's 7-second car. So I am in good hands here, at the very least we'll get it on the dyno and give it a go, perhaps I'll find myself changing out to the forged internals sooner than I think!!

Ultimately this is where I'm heading, with Hardened components in the Trans, clutch & Rear axle upgrades.

Will be happy to keep you informed on progress - hopefully all positive! :cool:

OW.

'02 GTS Bumblebee
'03 Ram 1500 QC Hemi
'98 Harley FatBoy
'98 Ducati 916 SPS #007

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OW...that is GREAT! I look forward to reading updates on your project! I hope the cast components have a long happy life in your engine. Keep us posted.

Out of curiousity, what turbos are you using? Garret, Turbonetics?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

that plate reminds me of the "don't tread on me" flag with the snake...

Years Ago, PartsRack had 50 LAPEL PINS made up with a miniature "Gadsden Flag" coiled SNAKE, and "Dont tread on me" motto.....We gave MOST of them to Team Viper members who FREAKED over this pin! I only have 3-4 remaining....

KELLY: Drop me an E-mail and Ill find one and sent it...to help you 'splain the significance of that plate! Many say the Gadsden Flag was our nation's FIRST!

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got the Pin Jon. That is as perfect as they get. I'll keep it in a safe place since there aren't many left. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc