NX Progressive N20 Kit

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a Nitrous Express Wet kit with Progressive controller, carbin bottle & billet bottle brackets, please email. I ordered the kit for a customer, but because of delays with my merchant services, they cancelled. I don't sell many of these kits with the controller often, so I will be willing to give this up at my wholesale cost. Ready to ship out tomorrow. thanks

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I'm all ears too!

I think a progressive controller modulates the valves as a function of rpm.

I wonder if there is a progressive controller that modulates the NOS valve for rpm AND bottle pressure.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I think the progressive controller progressively ramps up spray delivery as the revs build, so the motor doesn't get a solid hit of nitrous as it reaches redline. I believe this allows for a more tractable, easily launched car that has a more consistent powerband.

Albert, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Clint

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running a NOS progressive controller. You final hp is set by your hp jets in the nozzles. Rpm that nitrous starts to flow is set by a window switch, generally from 3,000 rpm. Any lower rpm and fuel puddling may cause a backfire. I think TOOFAST launched his NACA duct with this method. Also a throttle switch is used to make sure nitrous is activated at full throttle generally.
Even with all this the sudden hit of a 200 shot will usually break traction causing you to be slower. A progressive timer allows you to ramp up to the full 200 hp over a time period you designate and a starting percentage. For example you could set the timer to 50% at 2 seconds. When the nitrous hits it will be at 50% of the 200 hp and ramping up to the full 200 hp shot at the end of 2 seconds.
Some timers will also run a second stage of nitrous.
Bottom line is to minimize spinning tires while getting the most power from nitrous applied.