Official 2011 Tail of the Dragon Thread

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Sal was getting at was that the one "rule" on the Dragon is staying in your lane. 99% of the time if there is cop on the Dragon (provided it's a county cop and NOT an ******* state trooper), speed limits are ignored, as long as you do not cross the center line. They will let you run as fast as you want as long as you're in control and in your lane. Hell, most of the ones I've talked to enjoy running it in their personal vehicle/motorcycle and want people to be able to come out and push it a little.
The thing they take VERY serious is lane control. If they see you crossing into the other lane, whether you're speeding or not, you WILL get pulled over. It's the biggest way to let people "run" and still be relatively safe. You could have someone only going 25 MPH but crossing lanes and someone coming the other direction VERY FAST! When that guy going fast comes around a corner and you're in his lane, neither person has much time to react. And if your pushing pretty hard and even react in time, you might lose control of your car.
It's an unwritten rule on the Dragon, and now that you know, just make sure to stay on your side of the yellow up there.
Oh yeah, and YIELD TO FASTER CARS AND BIKES. When someone catches you, hit the next pull-off and let them by. That is the other thing up there that will drive people (ME) nuts. Especially if it's one of your own group that holds you up the whole way through and won't move no matter how many times you slow down and fly up on them! lol

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once again Sal, when you are paying my bills you can tell me how to drive. And watch the speed Sal, never know when someone will clock you and post it online.

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is fine, but there is definitely a better way to express your opinion than that. I could say it is stupid and lazy for a guy Sal's age to be running 82 on the Dragon, but that might be a little rude of me to say it that way, don't you think?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not getting in the middle of you guys spat, but believe it or not, I had a major "age check" this past weekend. I can't remember his name, but there was a guy a good bit older than Sal in an orange Gen IV vert (the one with his top down) that was absolutely flying with me, Matt and Mike! I would have never pictured him going like that, but I'll be damned if he didn't stick right on me the whole time up front.
No offense to the "old guys" here!:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao:

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Scott you missed my point. It was not about his age, it was about his holier than thou attitude and tone. The hall monitor syndrome.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, now it feels like high school. I guess I missed that spelling bee. I see that you missed the point of my rant, granted a bit excessive, and chose to focus on my spelling. Next time you are "having a little fun with the lanes on a curve" watch out for that sports bike coming around said curve at 65 and impailling (did I spell that correctly?) his upper torso thru the windshield of your beautiful car. Are we having fun yet??????

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whoa! Leave the room for a few hours and paper airplanes, spitwads, and.... Looks like some valid point(s) have been made, so let's get back to the right side of the lines and put it in "leisurely cruise" mode for the rest of this thread....starting to look like a text messaging log (a lot of threads tend to don't they?). Any need for further comments could be done via PM.

Not to change the subject, but did want to say what I got on for: Tim M. had a great recommendation that we couldn't do this year, but planning for next: Banquet Buffet at Calhoun's at the end of the main drag. They have a private banquet building in the back with parking, so we can do our thing, park and eat with little work on our part. Now if we could just live stream the parade arriving and going through town...

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow Sal, you are slow to catch on. It is not about your spelling. You attack someone you have never met, call them stupid and lazy, based on a picture you saw online. You go out of your way to post the pic and tell the world, in quite a rude way. The next time you are doing 82 in a 45, watch out for that sports bike going 15 in a turn when you run into the back of him, and impaling (nope, you spelled it wrong) his upper torso thru your windshield.

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brett,

I apologize to you for these posts, it just really hit me the wrong way him going out of his way to post that pic, and calling me stupid and lazy. I have never met him, do not know him, and had no interaction with him last weekend. He was way out of line. I am sure plenty of people were speeding, doing burnouts, crossing lines, etc this weekend.

I was writing the last post and entered it before I saw your request to take it offline, or I would not have posted it.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not getting in the middle of you guys spat, but believe it or not, I had a major "age check" this past weekend. I can't remember his name, but there was a guy a good bit older than Sal in an orange Gen IV vert (the one with his top down) that was absolutely flying with me, Matt and Mike! I would have never pictured him going like that, but I'll be damned if he didn't stick right on me the whole time up front.

That guy was bill I believe, but the problem with him was he was dangerous to everybody on the Dragon. He would try and pass people with on-coming traffic. He came very close to wrecking 2 Vipers and 3 motorcycles. Made passes in very bad situations and he will kill somebody in the future. We will have to read about it. :mad:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but did want to say what I got on for: Tim M. had a great recommendation that we couldn't do this year, but planning for next: Banquet Buffet at Calhoun's at the end of the main drag. They have a private banquet building in the back with parking, so we can do our thing, park and eat with little work on our part. Now if we could just live stream the parade arriving and going through town...

We can still do it this year, let's say October? :D :D :D

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, last year (year before?) there was a 60+year old female, GA member that got a ticket because one of the officers saw her tires ON the double yellow line. NOT because of her speed, which I'm sure was within the posted limit.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That guy was bill I believe, but the problem with him was he was dangerous to everybody on the Dragon. He would try and pass people with on-coming traffic. He came very close to wrecking 2 Vipers and 3 motorcycles. Made passes in very bad situations and he will kill somebody in the future. We will have to read about it. :mad:

I've heard that from a few people now. I didn't actually see him do it after he started running right behind us, but maybe he did it to get to us?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,
I'll be man enough to apologize for my tone in my posts but the seriousness of my point has to be remembered by all. I'll PM you concerning the calls I received and discuss this more directly after I finish dealing with another disaster the same day which probably added to my stress level at the time of my initial post. Until then keep it safe. Best regards, Sal (PS I ran spell check just to make sure ;) )

Wow Sal, you are slow to catch on. It is not about your spelling. You attack someone you have never met, call them stupid and lazy, based on a picture you saw online. You go out of your way to post the pic and tell the world, in quite a rude way. The next time you are doing 82 in a 45, watch out for that sports bike going 15 in a turn when you run into the back of him, and impaling (nope, you spelled it wrong) his upper torso thru your windshield.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense to the "old guys" here!:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao:

This same guy in the orange vert cut off several folks and was running in the wrong lane and nearly hit some guys on bikes. If that is a definition of fast, then we don't need fast when the club meets.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This same guy in the orange vert cut off several folks and was running in the wrong lane and nearly hit some guys on bikes. If that is a definition of fast, then we don't need fast when the club meets.

Agreed, that old guy in the orange car was a ******. He doesn't need to be invited to come again. My $.02

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure, bu tthere were two orange cars, one from Kentucky I think, the other from GA. It was the guy in the GA car that is at issue here.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GA tags and he had the top down most of the time. The other orange car was an older guy as well, but I think he had the top up for most of the drives.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to do something about these 'old guys' driving Vipers. You'd think age would bring experience and intelligence but maybe their minds are affected as they rot and wither away :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Plus what if they forget to take their Geritol???? :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure, bu tthere were two orange cars, one from Kentucky I think, the other from GA. It was the guy in the GA car that is at issue here.

The orange one with the top on was the IN/KY guy. I'm positive it wasn't him pulling the crazy stunts on the roads, he's a good guy from our club.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The orange one with the top on was the IN/KY guy. I'm positive it wasn't him pulling the crazy stunts on the roads, he's a good guy from our club.

We know who it is. Chad and I have talked. So, "There's nothing to see here, please disperse" . Get back on topic and start posting more pics and VIDEO'S!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Kevan! Where are the damn videos!?!

Quit trying to find a place to live and get the videos finished! Priorities man, priorities! :)

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only got a few:
You must be registered for see images

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten about ya.
Just been busier than Kellie Pickler in a round room after they asked her to sit in the corner.

I'll upload some raw footage tonight. It will be ROUGH (unedited, no music, no titles, no Viper Twins, etc.)
The 'real' ones will come shortly after.

Sorry for the delay everyone. I'm sure you'll think it's worth the wait. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235