Official 2011 Tail of the Dragon Thread

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great. 129 is just as capable if not better at times depending on location. Just checked the site. Great location. Are they bring MODELS too?????

No, his deal is to use the girls at the event. The only paid model I know of was Chad's and she broke her ankle and cannot come (I'm not saying it was because the table top was too small, we just don't know). Kidding aside, she is a real viper fan and it's a shame she cannot see all of them together.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great weekend (still not over). Brett, you did a great job. We can't wait to see all the pics and videos. I know we had 43 Vipers for Friday's Tail of the Dragon ride, but not sure how many we had total for the weekend. Did we hit 50???

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a phenomenal time. Most fun I've had since purchasing my viper. I will most definitely return for future events. I have a few videos and about 400 photos. I'll sort through them and upload them as soon as I return back to Toledo, OH.

Thanks for putting on such a great event. It was nice to finally meet some fellow viper owners.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few:

You must be registered for see images attach

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ton of pics to post, but due to the upload limits on the site, I'll just pick a few.

Of course we had to stop at ******* on the way home since Chad was with us!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one fantastic weekend! Thanks for putting everything together!!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot the one of Stretch on the roof!

I also want to make sure to thank Brett for all the work and planning he put into this great weekend! And also Matt for being our "guide" while we were there.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck of a time !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pictures from the middle of the pack nearing the strip in Gatlinburg.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love when I walk outside & find Russian blondes posing for pics by the Vipers. I figured noone would believe me, so I better take some of my own :D

I had to pay her $20 to pose with Jason's car. aka the "that looks like my car" pics :lmao:

Scott called early this morning saying he wanted to go and set the new world record for most ******* girls ever in a Viper! I thought saying no would be rude, so I agreed to go :D
You must be registered for see images

You don't get a trophy, but the photo-op for the media release is a nice prize by itself!
You must be registered for see images

Everyone laughing at Jason because....well, for many different reasons

Me corrupting the youth of America (son of a VCA member):

Jason's car parked at the neighbor's chalet because we wouldn't let him park with us:

Jason bought a bumper sticker while in TN:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
******** UPDATE *******************

It's official, EVERYONE had some sort of fun this weekend! We had at least 46 Vipers show and some super-hot automotive cousins at the "reunion". I want to thank (again) those who helped make this a memorable weekend:

The Man Upstairs for great weather and giving people a sense of adventure, wonder, and humor.
The Men of Sevier County (Matt Chambers and Tim Morrison) for their host roles. Also, Michael Burchfield for his supporting role.
The Man of Kingston Springs (Chip Winter) for building the environment this club and annual event functions in. He was an EASY act to follow...just keep doing it like he's done and mix it up!
Finally, the PARTICIPANTS. The memories are made with the relationships and times we shared this weekend. The memories are kept because we didn't kill each other on the roads!!!!

We counted nine states represented and Chip pointed out that many regulars didn't make it for various reasons, which would have put the total well over 50. We're hoping the IN/KY and Ohio additions this year will bring more of their snaky friends next year.

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I wish I had been there! That looks great! Some questions do come to mind.

Why is Jason on the roof? :D

Why does Jason have a new bumper sticker?

Why was I in Canada and not TN? Why! Why! WHY!! :rolaugh:

I await more pics. :eater:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason is on the roof because someone had to get some sweet pictures from up there! :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the main meeting point:

Cherahola Skyway:

Base of the Dragon (starting point):

Top of the Dragon (ending point):

8 Vipers crammed in about 3 parking spots :D

Jason's rooftop shots:

Getting into Gatlinburg:

The chalet that me, Kevan, Stretch and David shared:

Sunday morning. 2 McVipers, 1 in yellow, 1 in chrome

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason is on the roof because someone had to get some sweet pictures from up there! :2tu:

Good shots for sure! :2tu:

Could you not like just stand up and get the same view? :poke::D

Chad - Nice shots, even if some of them were copied from others and there was a few too many McChromer shots! :rolaugh:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad - Nice shots, even if some of them were copied from others and there was a few too many McChromer shots! :rolaugh:

Stretch ended up with 5 or 6 different people's cameras while he was on the roof, so a lot of shots are gonna be the same. We asked him about getting on the roof at ******* for some more aerial shots, but he was too busy eating his cheesy fries! :rolaugh: Too many McChromer shots? IMPOSSIBLE! :D

frank364

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What a great time, you will not find better friends! I want to thank Matt for all he did for Lisa and I last weekend.
This was our first year at the tail of the dragon, we will not miss another!

Attachments

• DSC_4085.jpg
    DSC_4085.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_4101.jpg
    DSC_4101.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_4147.jpg
    DSC_4147.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_4155.jpg
    DSC_4155.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 29

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a disturbing photo. How NOT to drive on the Dragon. I guess the 'safety' talk that Brett and Matt gave just didn't apply to some of the 'Guests'. Oh well can't fix stupid as they say.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know who but there are 4 other shots of him on other parts of the road doing similar stupid things I'm tempted to post. Doesn't look like speed was the issue just laziness and stupidity. If people realized the ongoing battle raging to keep this road open and not under a Gistopo state like it was a few years ago maybe they would have a little more consideration for the situation. This type of shot will make a good headline for the opposition in Sunday's paper. Whoever it is PLEASE DON'T COME BACK! You are definately not welcome here.

I think he was going up the Dragon backward :D

Not sure who that is? you know?

osbornet

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow Sal, I don't know where to start. I am the stupid, lazy guy with the Graphite ACR in the pics. I guess you got me, you found pics of a guy in a Viper having a little fun with the lines on a turn. And you have 4 more shots that you can post!! Oh my!! I have to say this reminds me of being in grade school and the hall monitor telling on me for running in the hall. I am guessing you were one of those hall monitor types, and are still in that mode. I feel for you, must be a miserable way to go through life. As to your points, I was not there for the safety talk by Matt and Brett, was not a "guest". I was driving the Dragon on my own, no group. Also, I did not realize there was a "battle raging" to keep the road "not under a Gistopo state". I assume you meant Gestapo, I am not sure what "Gistopo" is. Maybe you missed spelling class while you were performing hall monitor duties.

I saw you posted the following about the Dragon - "Speed traps are long gone.43 Vipers there Friday, 0 police. Got crazy for a couple of years but calmed down this past year. You might see one, maybe two on weekends but seldom during the week. Plus they aren't going overboard on tickets. Got a 82 in 45 and 78 in 40 last year but both warnings. Just stay in your lane and don't go crazy."

Wow Sal, you were doing 82 in a 45 and 78 in a 40!!! Of course, I do not have pics of the speed limit signs and your speedo at the time, so I can not post them online. When you were driving this fast, in a Viper on the Dragon, were you not concerned about the "Gistopo state"? What would the opposition say in Sunday's paper if they knew this?

You also said "Whoever it is PLEASE DON'T COME BACK! You are definately not welcome here." (I think you meant definitely, watch the spelling Sal). Once again, Wow!!! And you are speaking in what capacity when you issued that statement? King of the Dragon? Captain of the Viper Club? President of the Hall Monitors?

I'll tell you what Sal, when you start paying my tickets, and other Viper expenses, you can tell me how to drive. I would appreciate the lessons. But until then, watch your speed. Don't want to get the "Gistopo" after us!!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be Mr. King of the Dragon to you and yes stay in your lane and don't go crazy. Maybe you can field the calls and emails about your driving next time. Until then please drive a bit more sensible.

Wow Sal, I don't know where to start. I am the stupid, lazy guy with the Graphite ACR in the pics. I guess you got me, you found pics of a guy in a Viper having a little fun with the lines on a turn. And you have 4 more shots that you can post!! Oh my!! I have to say this reminds me of being in grade school and the hall monitor telling on me for running in the hall. I am guessing you were one of those hall monitor types, and are still in that mode. I feel for you, must be a miserable way to go through life. As to your points, I was not there for the safety talk by Matt and Brett, was not a "guest". I was driving the Dragon on my own, no group. Also, I did not realize there was a "battle raging" to keep the road "not under a Gistopo state". I assume you meant Gestapo, I am not sure what "Gistopo" is. Maybe you missed spelling class while you were performing hall monitor duties.

I saw you posted the following about the Dragon - "Speed traps are long gone.43 Vipers there Friday, 0 police. Got crazy for a couple of years but calmed down this past year. You might see one, maybe two on weekends but seldom during the week. Plus they aren't going overboard on tickets. Got a 82 in 45 and 78 in 40 last year but both warnings. Just stay in your lane and don't go crazy."

Wow Sal, you were doing 82 in a 45 and 78 in a 40!!! Of course, I do not have pics of the speed limit signs and your speedo at the time, so I can not post them online. When you were driving this fast, in a Viper on the Dragon, were you not concerned about the "Gistopo state"? What would the opposition say in Sunday's paper if they knew this?

You also said "Whoever it is PLEASE DON'T COME BACK! You are definately not welcome here." (I think you meant definitely, watch the spelling Sal). Once again, Wow!!! And you are speaking in what capacity when you issued that statement? King of the Dragon? Captain of the Viper Club? President of the Hall Monitors?

I'll tell you what Sal, when you start paying my tickets, and other Viper expenses, you can tell me how to drive. I would appreciate the lessons. But until then, watch your speed. Don't want to get the "Gistopo" after us!!