Official Exhaust Clip Thread!!!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about doing HF Cats, replacing the sill muffler with glass packs and deleting the rear mufflers/resonators? You would be keeping your exhaust diameter the same, I wonder the sound improvement and hp/tq increase, I think it could be a great alternative and inexpensive upgrade. What do you guys think?

m_m2010

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if I'm afraid of Facebook and don't have an account? I believe this is blatant discrimination.

I am realy soory to use the facebook, can you give me any web site I can uplode my video please?

m_m2010

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This my viper, I bought this viper befor 3 months ago from my friend

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Hcmo_Mow8[/media]

Last edited:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I think it could be a great exhaust that is reasonably priced and a good alternative to a Corsa that runs around $1,700 which I was going to do, I’m ordering HF cats this week and my rear mufflers/resonators are already deleted, glass packs for each side are around $40-$50, if the sounds is not as desired I’m out my labor and $80-$100 and will order the Corsa, but if I like it I’m up $1,600 which can be directed to other upgrades (355s):). I’m thinking there is not going to be a huge difference in performance vs the two different setups from the cat back but drone is TBD

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I think it could be a great exhaust that is reasonably priced and a good alternative to a Corsa that runs around $1,700 which I was going to do, I’m ordering HF cats this week and my rear mufflers/resonators are already deleted, glass packs for each side are around $40-$50, if the sounds is not as desired I’m out my labor and $80-$100 and will order the Corsa, but if I like it I’m up $1,600 which can be directed to other upgrades (355s):). I’m thinking there is not going to be a huge difference in performance vs the two different setups from the cat back but drone is TBD

this is very close to my setup, but i did the rear muffler del last w/ an x-pipe.

i would add another step, do the hiflows 1st w/o the glass packs.

i think you will like the sound and you will save effort and coin. if you do not like the sound then do the glass packs - my bet is you will like the sound. jonB has posted that the stock resonators (the "mufflers" in the sills) are not bad and do a decent job of reducing (not eliminating) drone. for the glass pack money, i'd add an x-pipe to condition your sound (remove drone). i have drone in a very limited rpm range that is easily controlled by shifting.

let us know what you do

:drive:

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally I got around making a sound clip with the S/S Magnaflows out back.
Listening to the clip on youtube .It sounds more quiet than in person .My son driving , bouncing the rear tires a bit on take off:lmao:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J6MBMMFdi0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0VghRZZiD0[/media]
Zentenk , the number for the 3" Magnaflow is 14419 . It's 14" in length , Magnaflow puts lavarock for sound absorption in the muffler for longevity vs glasspack. Hope this helped.

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

did you put them in the sills or outback where the stock muffler was? What else do you have on this exhaust? low or no drone, really?

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
did you put them in the sills or outback where the stock muffler was? What else do you have on this exhaust? low or no drone, really?

Hi , I put them where the OEM muffler was . The Magnaflow replacement consists of two separate cylinders unlike the two into one two tips OEM unit.I still have the OEM resonator and cats.I want to remove the cats and replace them with high flow Magnaflows.The car still sounds pleasant and only gets louder at WOT. There's only a narrow window of drone at around 2800-3000 rpm I'm seldom in that range.I have 4.10 rear so I use all gears that allow me to avoid this rpm range.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My exhaust is stock except for a Fitzgerald Performance muffler delete, which comes with two (separate) 8" or so glass pack resonators. Gives the exhaust a nice deep tone.

Next step is to add hi-flow cats.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi , I put them where the OEM muffler was . The Magnaflow replacement consists of two separate cylinders unlike the two into one two tips OEM unit.I still have the OEM resonator and cats.I want to remove the cats and replace them with high flow Magnaflows.The car still sounds pleasant and only gets louder at WOT. There's only a narrow window of drone at around 2800-3000 rpm I'm seldom in that range.I have 4.10 rear so I use all gears that allow me to avoid this rpm range.

4.10 gears? That must be a huge change from stock........

My setup is belanger headers, no cats/resonators in the sills & the stock muffler outback.... this gives me very little drone, but want 3" all the way out - not just out to the stock muffler like i do now. I've tried the randomtech catback, but way too much drone. I think my search continues for a muffler like the stock one, but 3" instead of 2.25"........ :(

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
4.10 gears? That must be a huge change from stock........

Without 4.10 gears , don't think I could keep up with my friends in the 0-60 acceleration ;)
Viper GTS,NobleM400 and Ferrari 550 Maranello

You must be registered for see images

Sea to Sky highway to Whistler. You're close enough to come up and experience one of the most scenic drives in the world .

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys like to hear some exhaust sounds ? ;)Here we go. I start my twin 377's and my buddy starts his twin 600 S/C Fountain .

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2DidP31-SA[/media]

Here's the ultimate sound ,my friend's twin 1550 HP engines with dry exhausts:2tu:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ImeDz40c&feature=related[/media]

YouTube - Terrys 42 Outerlimits with Sterling 1550s opening up

Last edited:

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
video of my current exhaust a comin'........ belanger headers, catless with 3" exhaust back to the stock muffler - for now.

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. So, what is it you want to do next, change/remove the muffler? Wonder whether hi-flows with muffler delete is louder or basically the same?

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should try the 3" I/O Magnaflow muffler .They're open through , yet it would pass
the visual test by smog stations.:eater:That stock muffler is a choking hazard now after all the mods you've done.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drone isn't always the same on each car. it varies. youre gonna have to try and report back.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys like to hear some exhaust sounds ? ;)Here we go. I start my twin 377's and my buddy starts his twin 600 S/C Fountain .

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2DidP31-SA[/media]

Here's the ultimate sound ,my friend's twin 1550 HP engines with dry exhausts:2tu:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ImeDz40c&feature=related[/media]

Man, that's got to be the sweetest sound I've ever heard from a Boat(2nd pic:2tu:). How do you stop listening to it, I've got to go back & listen some more.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, that's got to be the sweetest sound I've ever heard from a Boat(2nd pic:2tu:). How do you stop listening to it, I've got to go back & listen some more.
It's even more impressive feeling the rumble at your feet on the dock .It sounds like an airplane going 140 mph :2tu:

This is what our Vipers should sound [ 502 cu engine ] but wonder how long it would take before the LEO's notice it on the streets ,eh ?

YouTube - Fountain 35

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats Vipuronr

pls post a pic of the **** del setup if you can

hiflows will deepen and increase the sound a bunch (in a good way), did you decide on which hiflows you will get :eater:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes after a lengthy discussion with Chuck weighing the pros and cons of each, decided to go with Sean's metal substrate cat...the complete kit where the extension pipe is welded to the cat. In fact, my wife ordered them the other day and they were delivered an hour ago!

Looking forward to the change in sound and reduction in sill heat.

I do want to thank Jon B for taking time to explain cat basics. He is a great source, not only for parts, but information and expertise.

Expect theywill be installed early in the new year.

Last edited:

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....my wife ordered them the other day and they were delivered an hour ago!

Looking forward to the change in sound and reduction in sill heat.

I do want to thank Jon B for taking time to explain cat basics. He is agreat sorce, not only for parts, but information as well.

Expect theywill be installed early in the new year.

you will be happy with them.

be sure to read up on how to remove and replace the sills, not hard at all, but they are kinda delicate so be gentle both off and back on

:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang