OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for contributing Relentless, GASDOC, & bitya! Your voices will be heard!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 36-2 against the SRT-10.

David

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new Viper has a definite cost-reduced feel to it. Cheaper body, cheaper intake manifold... The interior looks gimmicky. Cup holder? Non-functional trim ring around the gear shift? Even the new "Fang" symbol looks cheap. The designers had a field day and ruined an icon.

Thumbs down.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs UP! Count actually is 1500 to 36 in favor for the SRT since the car is sold out for 2003.
tongue.gif
:

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What really ****** me off is that so many people are buying the new car to make a buck! Knowing that there are limited coupons, they will buy the car and try to unload it.

DC is laughing at us thinking we don't know what we are talking about. "We sold every car in just a few days, these guys are nuts thinking no one likes it".

This also has hurt the current prices with people unloading their current cars to buy the new ****.

I too say learn from others. Porsche produced the 901.....later being forced to call it the 911 and kept it basically the same for a LONG time. If the car is popular, don't change it. I like the "circus side show", "radical" look of the current car. That is why I bought it. I am so ********** at DC when it comes time for a new ride, I will buy the old body style or go back to Ferrari.

I HATE the new car, thumbs DOWN!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for voicing your opinion & Voting David!

With your contribution, the Official Poll stands at 37-2 against the SRT-10.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much for contributing to the poll SRT10, Jerry Dobson, and Tony (Vipermad) Rickard. Your voices will definitely be heard!

SRT10:
I am well aware of the current Certificate situation, however, I persoanlly know of MANY, MANY, people who don't like the car and have certs for a profit only. I also can only poll those on this Board & I'm sure DC will make the proper allowences. I really appreciate your contribution though. Thanks for voting.

With your voice the poll stands at 38-3 against the SRT-10.

Tony had an overall

icon14.gif
but he did say he was biased & too hard to pick.
smile.gif
Thanks for contributing Tony! You're truly one of the guys!

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the SRT-10 in person, it's just plain UGLY, very common looking kinda like a Sebring with flairs. Part of the excitement of having an exotic sports car is the looks. The current Viper has an extremely exotic look. I dont car how well the SRT-10 performs its still ugly.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thumbs Down!
No emotion. I still remember when I first saw the current GTS prototype in 1994. I had to have one! Well, 7 years later I bought that '96 GTS. Wow! Every other car seemed to pale in comparison. Now most of the people I talk to say they have ruined the Viper. They love 500/500 and all that great techincal stuff but how would you like to drive a car that will be mistaken for a freakin honda.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike L for letting your voice be heard.

With your vote the poll stands at 40-3 against the SRT-10.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the SRT/10. I don't like it enough to buy one. Now, that decision is strictly based on the looks. Who knows what will happen after I drive one.

I love my GTS, I would have paid more to have one. It is an infatuation.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not as extreme, nor does it have as big of an effect as the 92 viper did on the public.

THUMBS DOWN HERE

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to comment & contribute The Mash & Performin Norman! Performin Norman I will take your Post as a
icon13.gif
since you said that you wouldn't buy one. If I'm wrong please correct me.

With your voices, the poll stands at 42-3 against the SRT-10.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
Get off the line Chuck. Si or no?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK - NO
puke.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Wizard & Newport Viper. Thank you for contributing to the poll! Your opinion matters!

With your vote, the poll stands at 44-3 AGAINST the SRT-10.

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs down.The style of the car doesn't jump out at me
like the gen I and II.The only thing I like is the wheels
and that it's a true convertible.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you emo. Your opinon & comments matter!

The poll stands at 45-3 AGAINST the SRT-10 with your voice.

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be exotic is a total package. I'm sure the new engine has great potential but it did not turn my head.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SRT-10 has some real performance improvements which are on target. It has sharp, aggressive styling.........until you compare it to the original. Regretfully, Thumbs down.

The appeal of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars (especially the GTS for me) are without equal.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:

SRT10:
I am well aware of the current Certificate situation, however, I persoanlly know of MANY, MANY, people who don't like the car and have certs for a profit only. I also can only poll those on this Board & I'm sure DC will make the proper allowences. I really appreciate your contribution though. Thanks for voting.

/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

King, I appriciate your honesty but I'd just like to say that if you know MANY MANY people selling their cars for PROFIT, that should tell you that there is a market out there willing to pay OVER MSRP to have the car. DC wants a market and by your own admission (cert owners selling for profit) Dc has it. Thanks for giving me 1 minuite of your time.
smile.gif
:

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing & letting your voice be heard Elite1.

Your opinion matters. We're truly getting a great response from EVERYONE not just the "regulars". Please let your voice be heard!

The poll stands at 46-3 AGAINST the SRT-10 with your contribution.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King,

You already know my vote! I like it.

As for your poll, I just wanted to say it's a real breath of fresh air to see someone doing something constructive. If I were you, I would forward this thread to maybe Steve F or something to make sure the folks at DC see it (I'm sure they already are seeing it though). This poll is a limited audience (Viper owners), so I hope folks don't extrapolate these results to say "everyone hates it!", but it's very valuable info for DC to see what the reaction from current owners is.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing to the Official SRT-10 Poll ggc. Your voice means something & I promise it will be heard!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 47-3 AGAINST the SRT-10.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
Thank you for taking the time to comment & contribute The Mash & Performin Norman! Performin Norman I will take your Post as a
icon13.gif
since you said that you wouldn't buy one. If I'm wrong please correct me.

With your voices, the poll stands at 42-3 against the SRT-10.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trey, your original comment was

"It's simple. You either like it or you don't. You'd either buy it or you won't."

That is a two part question. Part 1: I like it. Part 2: No I am not buying one as of right now.

Not trying to be difficult, just honest. I like a lot of cars but not enough to buy them. I have to love a car to clear the cash from my wallet. If you are going strictly by "You'd either buy it or you won't" The answer is I won't. Thumbs down.

Thanks for the fun poll. I was curious how people felt about the car also.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly Mike Brunton. I have definite plans for this thread & I think I'll take you up on your idea as well. Thanks buddy for contributing to the poll, your opinion <u>definitely</u> counts!!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 47-4 AGAINST the SRT-10.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Corvette is America's sports car, then the Viper was America's exotic. Not anymore. Too many design equities left on the table for me. I appreciate any performance improvements that the SRT might offer. But the current car is no dog. And all the food groups need to be represented before I ante up. No thanks.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution to the poll Tenney & Rick V2K. Your opinions matter.

With your voice, the poll stands at 49-4 AGAINST the SRT-10.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments & your vote eng12. Your opinion matters!

With your contribution to the poll, the vote is 50-4 AGAINST the SRT-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte