OFFICIAL SRT-10 POLL!!! THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, what a post...8 pages...

THUMBS DOWN for sure. Styling is well, lacking, period...Buyers of these types of cars don't want refined...

Performance when you think about it is a little weak. The current GenII is 450hp...with a very few mods you can easily get 500hp! And you still have a true exotic Viper...

Tomer
96 RT

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bwright:
I also wonder about some of the thinly veiled racism I read on this board in regard to the heritage of the SRT/10's designer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My apologies if my tongue-in-cheek comment was taken as such. No offense was intended. It's just that I view the Viper as an American icon and hate that it seems to be inheiriting foreign traits, i.e. S2000. I'm not sure if the designer is a Japanese American. If so, then he's just as American as anybody else. We're all part of the Great American melting ***!

If he's not a Japanese American, then I gotta go back to my conspiracy theory! We, the Viper nation are being converted to Ricers! oh no!!!!

I'll be honest and say I think my vote was counted twice Viper GTS. I posted a reply here twice to reply. Remove one from the thumbs down.

It's still rougly 80% against the SRT-10. These votes can't be just because most of these voters own a Gen 1 or Gen 2 car and wish to stay loyal to their car. 80% is way too high of a figure to attest to just loyalty. Something is wrong here.

I'd bet each and every one of us Gen 1/2 owners wouldn't do a one-for-one trade for the SRT-10. Well, we probably would trade, then sell the SRT-10, buy a used Gen1/2 Viper and pocket the difference.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with loyalty, just pure observation of the facts. Don't get me wrong, the new Viper is a nice looking car and it retains the Viper look for the most part, but it's just not as jaw-dropping , eye-popping, eye-candy as the Gen1/2s.

Everyone will always have their preferences and tastes. Life would be boring if we all had the same opinion. But 80% against the SRT-10 has gotta say something, I'm sorry!

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until they come out with something that looks better than my Viper, I will not be buying one.

The new viper does not have the "awe" factor of the GenI/II. The performance is nice and I like that it is a convertible but other than that Thumbs Down.

I am glad that they raised the performance bar because the corvette is getting a little too close for my comfort. It is not an ugly car it is just a "camaro". You can literally see a viper coming down the highway 1/2 mile away but this new viper will be hard to pick out of a crowd.

I do however like the looks of the competition coupe and I would consider buying one of those if it becomes street legal. It does look great.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you tomer & Devin 97 Blue GTS for taking the time to have your voices heard! Your opinion matters & I'll make sure that it's heard.

With your contribution to the poll, the vote stands at 93-23 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you utahviper & GJ for your contribution to the Official VCA SRT-10 Poll! Your opinion definitely matters!

With your contribution, the poll stands at 95-23 AGAINST the SRT-10. Please tell a friend to vote!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have seen the SRT in person and: thumbs down.
Glad to own a CLASSIC VIPER.
BURNOUT.gif

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, it only points out that some children have trouble playing nice; hogging all the equipment and then crying "Foul!" when a teacher tells them to get down and behave themselves.

Personally I find it amazing that the same behavior my 4-year-old exhibits is used here by adults. The whining, the sulking, the ranting and raving (stomping up and down and throwing a fit). But thats just a personal observation - not a flame. Kids just love to get away with doing things they know is wrong, but pitch a fit if you catch them and scold them for it.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs down. I think the SRT-10 looks ridiculous.
That said, I am not that big a fan of the RT/10 either. I think
it looks like it has a bad toupee with the top on and that roof is a pain. My Viper lust did not begin until the GTS came out. I vote thumbs down because I find the SRT-10 to be a step backwards in terms of styling when compared to the RT/10 a vehicle I was already lukewarm on.
In a few years when it's time to replace the GTS, I would consider a coupe version of the SRT-10 if it comes out. Otherwise, I am not a Mopar for life kind of person so I will try something else, preferably with the motor behind me.
So, I have pretty much offended everyone except other GTS owners. Nothing lasts forever. I would have preferred if DC had stayed closer to the original body style but a 10 year run is pretty good. A dead pedal and conventional hood and fenders is all they needed to do for me. That and more power. On the new car, they could go a long way to improve the styling by just changing the triangular side vents. That is my biggest complaint.
I have had a lot of people come up to me and tell me they hate the new Viper. Since I have a 2001 GTS and only got to be current for a short time until the SRT-10 announcement came, I realize I will have a hard time being objective.
I do vote thumbs down but I really think that some people are taking this way too seriously. The world is not going to end.
There are some really compelling cars coming out if you don't like the SRT.

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs down. Performance wise I'll have to wait and see real numbers (not Automobile magazine's numbers, which I think are suspect). Looks wise I am disheartened. It looks like a Miata/S200/Corvette/Celica hybrid. Original it's not. That its designer is Japanese is obvious and unfortunate. Lest I be labelled racist, it just has very Japanese-car looking lines. I'd rather have had Italian to be honest !

Like others, my love of the Viper erupted when I saw the GTS. I HAD to own one. No such sentiment arises when I view the SRT-10. Now, the Comp Coupe ? That is definitely another story ! IT ROCKS. I know the two are very similar in many facets of their design, but it works for the hard top with the wing etc. I will never love the gill as currently designed. Some photoshop designs posted here kick the real cars' butt w/r/t the shape of the side gill.

I'll wait, perhaps forever, for the new coupe, thanks.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbs down.

If DC just changed the name to something other than Viper, then perhaps we would not be trying so hard to make a decision on which to own. And in many cases would own both of them. Perhaps its not too late, just change the name to copperhead or something.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, King, you've manage to double the number of replies by posting every other message! Impressive; but its gotten enough exposure here - I'm going to move it over to SRT where it belongs.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Michael,
I thought we weren't suppose to do any whining about the SRT over here on this side of the board. Now that you moved it, somebody is going to get upset, get this thread closed and no more poll. Anyway I don't think it will stand out as our Gen I/II cars, BUT as a S2000 look a like, it will do.
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's up to you and how you conduct yourself (the rules are pretty easy, the question is - can you follow them?) - but not posting in here doesnt mean go into the other areas and post SRT material in there!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hemi:
The fact that you need to go around "policing" posts about the new design says volumes about it, don't ya think?

icon13.gif
Thumbs down on the new design. You can't turn water into wine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed!

Can I vote twice?

Thumbs down..
Now if I were to get one for free.. That's a different story..

Gerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang