Oh My God - close call with a 55 Gal Plastic Drum

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You WERE lucky John!!! I've had a 2 x 10 wood chock fall off a truck at 60 MPH, bounce up and over and take out my windshield on a Jeep CJ-5. Took everything I had to keep from turning over with glass bits in my eyes! Best part is that the SOB's that don't bother to secure their cargo (and drive way to fast with a full load) don't even know what they likely did until they get to their destination...and then it's, "Gee...wonder where the he11s that 50 gallon drum I know I threw in the truck".
banghead.gif

Count your blessings!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can top that one,last friday I went out with one of my employees on rt 100 to test drive a car he was having problems with, how about the largest extension ladder you ever saw flying off the top of a panel van at 75mph, sucker got airborne, looked like the deathstar flying at me, very serious evasive manuvers ensued resulting in it missing us, it went OVER us and to the left after I executed what probably seemed to my very conservative passenger, a three lane handbrake turn, (remember I was driving HIS car!) I exited, turned around and here's the numbskull who lost it in the middle of a three lane superhighway at rush hour trying to drag it off. The only amusing thing about it is, it was a white panel van with ladders on top, before the sniper was caught some soccer mom would have run right over him....AAAHHHHHH, I got em, chief Moose!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the guy driving was a real dope. Hey, the world's full of 'em. The good news is no damage to you (#1) or the car (#2). The bad news this friggen creatin is still roaming the streets.

I saw a fatal motorcycle crash 2 weeks ago. The really sad part is the guy that forced the bike off the road had no clue. Most people really such at driving.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one for the record.... I was driving a Toyota Corolla down I-10 following to close (drafting:LOL
smile.gif
behind a Semi-truck and he blew out a retread on his trailer. It sounded like a shot-gun going off in my ear, my heart stopped as it bounced off of the roof of the car. It only left a small dent in the roof and lucky for me when I got home my underware was still clean. Needless to say I do not draft big trucks anymore.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the car out for a ride 45 minutes ago.
I was on 287 North when first a pickup truck gets in the left lane going ~ 60 MPH too bad the speed limit is 65 MPH.
pissed.gif

Anyway I was a good distance behind him since he had a load of stuff in the back.
All of a sudden a huge 55 GAL Blue Plastic drum goes up into the air and out in front of me.
Lucky for me there was no one next to me so off I went into the middle lane and ready to go into the right if needed as this drum bounces in the left lane where I was.
mad.gif

Some people just have NO BRAINS and should NOT be permitted to drive.
yesnod.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya