Oil ad with Viper

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone please help me out here. Within the last few months I saw a full page ad in a car magazine with a Gen II Red Viper with the hood fully open. Ad was for some sort of oil (Valvoline?). Scene was a guy working on the car in his garage.

Anyway, I subscribe is six car mags and buy others occasionally at the newsstand. I meant to cut the ad out and now can't remember where I saw the ad. Anyone else see it?

Thanks,

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The ad you are thinking about is in the May issue of Car and Driver, page 43.

Very cool to see a Gen2 used as an icon like that.

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Vic!

Yes, great ad. I wanted to frame it for my garage and it's been driving me nuts as to where I saw it. Thanks again,

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks Vic!

Yes, great ad. I wanted to frame it for my garage and it's been driving me nuts as to where I saw it. Thanks again,

Maybe Kinko's could blow it up a bit, first? (C+Ds 8.5 x 11 page size doesn't have much appeal.) Anyway, sounds like a great idea for garage decoration. That's something you'll never see on those "home makeover" shows!

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the ad. Also appeared in the June Hot Rod. Gotta love Valvoline for using a Gen II in their 2007 ad campaign. A classic in it's own time!

Viper_Ad.jpg

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I have GOTTA get a copy of that ad or maybe even a poster-size version of it! Sure, the car is awesome, but given the plates on our SRT8...

vroom.jpg

V

Venomiss

Wow! What a nice SRT-8..wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean?:D
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :naughty: :naughty: :kiss:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone please help me out here. Within the last few months I saw a full page ad in a car magazine with a Gen II Red Viper with the hood fully open. Ad was for some sort of oil (Valvoline?). Scene was a guy working on the car in his garage.

Anyway, I subscribe is six car mags and buy others occasionally at the newsstand. I meant to cut the ad out and now can't remember where I saw the ad. Anyone else see it?

Thanks,

Did you get your July Road and Track this week? that add is on page 130

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
131, to be exact! ;)

signed, P.I.T.A.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like Pennzoil uses Viper parts in their ads too. Have you seen the ones where they show the V10 in the picture? I've wondered though why they had a fan attached to the engine.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep your eveys open!

We just got done filming at TV commercial with Meguiar's.

The Viper and Cobra will be talking to each other about a new detailing product!

IMG_3653.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960