Oil on Vert top:-(

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any tips on getting oil off of a convertible top?

I think my overhead garage door dripped some oil on it and just wanted to make sure I don't make it worse trying to clean it off.

Thanks

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't had oil on my top but I have had good luck with "Simple Green" in similar situations. It works well and it is not a harsh chemical. It dilutes (and activates) with water.
Good luck!

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Start with the least abrasive and move more aggressive until you acheive results. I would start with a carpet cleaner then move toward a Simple Green or any other degreaser.

Always test the product in an inconspicuous place before using on the whole top.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some samples to try.

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got 3 in 1 oil out of my carpet with Isopropyl Alcohol. Found the tip on the WWW. Worked great...and would be my first course of action if in a similar situation.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start with the least abrasive and move more aggressive until you acheive results. I would start with a carpet cleaner then move toward a Simple Green or any other degreaser.

Always test the product in an inconspicuous place before using on the whole top.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some samples to try.

Thank You, I like the concept of starting with less is more. Really hate creating a stain because I tried to get a stain out.:smirk:

PM sent

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news, I got it out.

Tried some mild laundry detergent first but it didn't get it all out. Tried the "simple green" and it looks like knew.

Thanks for the advise all.