Ok what’s the deal with parts?

OP
OP
Barry

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
To all that moan over me not having my car, don’t fear I have another car to drive, a 1963 Buick Wildcat convertible. It’s a real sweet ride. :2tu: The point of my post here is, a nine year old car should not have a problem getting parts. When the power booster on the Buick went bad I discovered that booster was only made in 1963 and only for Buick. I had to replace that booster this year and had very little trouble finding a part that was only made one year 46 years ago. Shame on Dodge and shame on Dodge parts dealers. :crazy2:
Oh yea the dealer that has the car knows I wrote the mileage down when I left it.
Thanks to all with good ideas I love the Caravan idea. I can’t take it to another shop because this shop is fixing this problem for free. :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
. I can’t take it to another shop because this shop is fixing this problem for free. :D

Free? Hardly:

It has cost you your Viper for THREE+ MONTHS........(esp when used parts are avail..)

Does the '63 'Cat have A/C ??

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point of my post here is, a nine year old car should not have a problem getting parts....Shame on Dodge and shame on Dodge parts dealers. :crazy2:

If you have been reading the news, Chrysler is having a huge parts problem on it's production line. They have shutdown some factories temporarily and/or reduced shifts until the issue is resolved. Your part is NOT on their priority list.

Oh yea the dealer that has the car knows I wrote the mileage down when I left it.
I hope you know they can "fix" your mileage as they choose on a digital odometer. :rolleyes: Trusting, I am not! :crazy2:
Thanks to all with good ideas I love the Caravan idea. I can’t take it to another shop because this shop is fixing this problem for free. :D
So you would rather have it done free than drive it. I betcha they charged you an arm and a leg for some other service. From your postings, you do seem rather gullible. :rolleyes:

Now, basically you lost the entire summer which is like the whole year in NJ.:dunno: Good luck! :lmao::2tu::drive:

P.S. Take the forum advice and go to an A/C shop. :2tu:

OP
OP
Barry

Barry

VCA Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I got the car back :headbang: there are no extra miles on the car and they didn’t crash it either. The cost for the repair was $0.00 and the car drives just fine. The Buick got me through the summer even better than the Viper since I had the top down all summer and I really wanted to put some miles on that car. Now that convertible season is over I’ll be driving the Viper, (GTS) until it snows. Just so you spirited posters know:nono: the Wildcat turns just as many heads as the Viper and my son actually said he would rather have the Cat then the Viper. What it lacks in acceleration, (401cid 445 torque 325hp) it makes up in cool. Basically the viper was not missed this summer since I’ve had the Viper for nine years now, so it isn’t exactly new to me.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't say I'd be looking at a buick wildcat over a Viper but hey, whatever melts your butter. You are far more tolerant than I would have been over a hose. Lets hope it doesn't need a rearview mirror anytime soon.

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So the VIper was "stored" at the dealer from "late June" til late October, 4 months, for a leaky A/C hose. As I hide my amazement at both the dealership AND you, I agree that the '63 ******* W'cat would likley get as many looks as a Viper.....esp if a {teenager?} son was driving it ! I bet it SOUNDS better too.....it sure as heck would if I was the lucky owner.

Glad you got your GTS back OK....now, DONT DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets