okay, ready to lower my GTS.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can make a fist and almost fit it between the tire and the wheel well.. unacceptable!

What set of springs are you guys running to lower it about an inch.? I found a set of eibachs, good enough yay, nay?

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with the Eibach springs on my GTS. The car sits an inch lower and rides exactly as it did stock.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibach springs and caps. ;)

Viper_0012.JPG

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to lower mine so badly, but I am probably going to get the KW v2 so it will be adjustable.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to do mine too, but I already scrape the front fascia leaving my driveway if I don't get it just right. One think I like about the Vette is that the lower air dam is rubber. It makes a God-awful sound when it scrapes. but no actual damage occurs.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you change the rolling circumference/total diameter?

i didn't word that very well..... what i meant to say is i went from 17's to 18's front & 19's rear..... the front's diameter is roughly the same, the rears are ~ 1" bigger (1/2" actual difference).

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didn't word that very well..... what i meant to say is i went from 17's to 18's front & 19's rear..... the front's diameter is roughly the same, the rears are ~ 1" bigger (1/2" actual difference).

Gotcha. I kinda figured but wasn't sure. So you are filling a bit more wheel well in the rear. Car looks awesome!

I'm in a quandry of which wheels I want. I still have the stock '01s on there.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. I kinda figured but wasn't sure. So you are filling a bit more wheel well in the rear. Car looks awesome!

I'm in a quandry of which wheels I want. I still have the stock '01s on there.

those 6 spoke gen4's i got from jonb, much cheaper than most aftermarket wheels.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs. Don't forget to adjust your Konis firmer and get an alignment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs. Don't forget to adjust your Konis firmer and get an alignment.

+1 and my viper looks just like the one above.

http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/tech.pdf
(page 7) Make sure to keep downward pressure while turning to maintain the adjustment fork engagment. It is easy to not realize that she came up alittle then next thing you know your counting an infinite amonut of rotations
Go back and forth a couple times and count the half turns to determine the full range. Set them at halfway between soft & stiff.

some more info/opinions here for you:
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/636355-eibachs.html

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That didn't take long Jeff!

Since all Vipers have terrible wheelgaps, it's probably the best mod to completely change the look/attitude of the car.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
motons and 800# springs i think? along with 19" rims... its low but i wouldnt mind it lower. front bumper can take the abuse, its very flexible. high speed bumps might be an issue though..

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man all these cars look so dang good...

I don't know how you guys are doing this and not tearing the fronts off... my driveway isn't that bad and I scrape backing out. Some roads here leave a bit to be desired too... I try to avoid the ones I know, and I'm vigilant on the ones I don't know, but it still makes me nervous.

Of course I've owned for 96hrs now :) so maybe I'll get over that.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same here, so i went with bigger tires/wheels instead. :)

Those 6 spokes look so good on a GTS! A few of the GTS owners around here have had them powder coated black or dark grey - Really sick !

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs and caps here too. This is most economical lowering, but if you're wanting performance/track lowering you might want to consider some of the more expensive alternatives. Don't forget you'll need an alignment done (at least checked) depending on your preferences/application.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eibachs and caps here too. This is most economical lowering, but if you're wanting performance/track lowering you might want to consider some of the more expensive alternatives. Don't forget you'll need an alignment done (at least checked) depending on your preferences/application.

I'm curious what those alternatives are. I haven't been too lucky finding stuff on Google. I'm very familiar with the Corvette aftermarket world/vendors but a total noob when it comes to the Viper.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**KW Variant 2 Coilovers here.

Smoother ride and tighter steering. Lowered my car about 1.5" with no rubbing, can only fit 2 fingers on the outside of the tire fender, in the wheel wheel on top of the tire is only about a 1.5finger clearance. Looks way better, the car should have looked this way coming from factory. Highly recommended.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just caps with 18" fronts and 19" rears ... Perfect...

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing my hood vents... =D Everyone should!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious what those alternatives are. I haven't been too lucky finding stuff on Google. I'm very familiar with the Corvette aftermarket world/vendors but a total noob when it comes to the Viper.

Check with JonB (partsrack), mjorgenson (woodhouse), billpemberton (I'm sure there are more). Depending on your driving application/preferences/budget, etc, these guys could point you in the right direction