older posts or more than 1000 ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was searching for something and noticed you cant (or at least i think you cant) search for posts older than the last 1000 you posted.

i know 99.999 % of my posts are useless but there is one or two id like to find that are quite old.

any help ?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked that same thing or close. I wanted to know my first post and a MOD. was able to assist.

Bruce

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Euchi - Means To The Top. As in still no answer.

Plum - Have had the same issue before. If you remember the thread name or a few key words from the thread, do a search. That was how I found mine when I was looking for old info. Even gives you the option of under what username in the advanced search area.

Hope that helps.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i found it but then it got me thinking of some old stuff that was on this site. i couldnt find anything older than 1000 posts. just thought it would be cool to search for OLD stuff.

thanks !

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you can search as far back as you want; just not using terms that will show more than 500 (or 1000) posts..... you would need to use keyword searches, not FIND ALL POSTS. with a forum thats been around as long as we have and as many posts as we have, queries like that can be a killer on the server.